An open letter to Senate Republicans

musicman

Mar 3, 2004
Ohio
To whom it may concern:

As you conclude deliberations on the matter of immigration reform, you must ask yourself two questions:

1. Who has more to lose in '06 - conservative America, or the Republican Party?

2. Who, then, has whom over a barrel?

If newly empowered congressional Democrats spend the next two years faithfully executing their PROMISED agenda (impeach, impeach, impeach), it will be no skin off the electorate's nose. It's just Democrats being hateful, vindictive, ideologically bankrupt Democrats. Out of this tangled insanity, a wide-awake, truly conservative presidential candidate is sure to emerge - from SOMEPLACE (perhaps, a new party). It is you, your party, and your President who will suffer, not us.

And so, ladies and gentlemen - do whatever you think is best. But, it might behoove you to read the tea leaves first. If you really harbor as much contempt for your conservative base as your President appears to, my advice is: hide it better. Your political future depends on it.

musicman said:
To whom it may concern:

As you conclude deliberations on the matter of immigration reform, you must ask yourself two questions:

1. Who has more to lose in '06 - conservative America, or the Republican Party?

2. Who, then, has whom over a barrel?

If newly empowered congressional Democrats spend the next two years faithfully executing their PROMISED agenda (impeach, impeach, impeach), it will be no skin off the electorate's nose. It's just Democrats being hateful, vindictive, ideologically bankrupt Democrats. Out of this tangled insanity, a wide-awake, truly conservative presidential candidate is sure to emerge - from SOMEPLACE (perhaps, a new party). It is you, your party, and your President who will suffer, not us.

And so, ladies and gentlemen - do whatever you think is best. But, it might behoove you to read the tea leaves first. If you really harbor as much contempt for your conservative base as your President appears to, my advice is: hide it better. Your political future depends on it.

Perfect. I've said over and over again, my tendencies are libertarian, it's a problem they are such losers. :coffee3: Considering how I've spent my time on the GOP, I'd love it if they returned to their base, though I've yet to see a sign of it. Ok, one glimmer. Since I'm 'an influencer', they sent me a open response email, because I hadn't acted on their flurry of 'action emails.' They wanted to 'know what I was thinking....' I blasted away on illegal aliens, Darfur, etc. I'm sure there were thousands of us that got this, 'free for all email.' 2 weeks later, Bush is sending troops to the border. So far, it's still all lip service, which is what I responded to in the 'free for all email today.' ;)

Forum List

Back