An Interesting Graphic on What a Centrist is

What are principles of Centrism?

• Total voters
Wingers hate independents, moderates and centrists because we expose them for what they are.

The partisans are fueled by hate and fear. They're convinced the other side is evil and irredeemable. Independents tend to have an assortment of opinions that don't follow a party platform. Naturally they all end up hating independents due to their refusal to ally with them in the crusade against what they perceive as evil. They also don't know how to sort out political differences without showing contempt and disgust for the people daring to have a different opinion, so they end up resenting independents for whatever bits of politics they don't see eye to eye with them on.

Wingers hate independents, moderates and centrists because we expose them for what they are.

The partisans are fueled by hate and fear. They're convinced the other side is evil and irredeemable. Independents tend to have an assortment of opinions that don't follow a party platform. Naturally they all end up hating independents due to their refusal to ally with them in the crusade against what they perceive as evil. They also don't know how to sort out political differences without showing contempt and disgust for the people daring to have a different opinion, so they end up also resenting independents for whatever bits of politics they don't see eye to eye with them on.

Pretty well said.
You see binary thinking everywhere today.

The partisans are fueled by hate and fear. They're convinced the other side is evil and irredeemable. Independents tend to have an assortment of opinions that don't follow a party platform. Naturally they all end up hating independents due to their refusal to ally with them in the crusade against what they perceive as evil. They also don't know how to sort out political differences without showing contempt and disgust for the people daring to have a different opinion, so they end up resenting independents for whatever bits of politics they don't see eye to eye with them on.
At some level, they have to know what they are. It's why they get so defensive and pissy when it's brought up.

Centrists, or moderates, like using simplistic linear graphs to make themselves seems like fair-minded non-extremist types and be able to separate themselves from the usual partisan jousting.

Left vs right, Democrat vs Republican... but if we're to use simplistic linear graphs for political division, what should be of most importance is Tyranny vs. Liberty, Slavery vs. Freedom.

In this context, what is the centrist/moderate view? Partial-tyranny, partial-slavery? In this context, centrist/moderate views are nothing virtuous at all. I'd rather be an extremist for liberty and freedom.

Centrists are principle-free statist wind socks.
Obediently following the tribe like a baby sheep takes zero (0) principle.

Standing up to both silly, whacked out ends takes more.
I follow no tribe...That's the point of being an ancap/agorist.

That you buy the "both ends" Hegelian dialectic further underscores my point....You're a statist who thinks that the only reason that central planning and authority hasn't worked, is because we haven't yet found the right central planner authoritarians.

It's a stupid graph.
Simply because it takes the worst of each one, and applies it to all.
Take "tries to spread ideas by using violence against others" - applied to liberals.
Yeah...so maybe .2% tops of the left engage in any kind of violence trying to promote an idea.

That isn't the point about how many promote the extreme ideas, but how many consider them to be legitimate or tolerable, and engage in rhetoric to defend people with such ideas. Many liberal leaders and talking heads known to come from a liberal perspective have defended Antifa, for instance. That is almost as bad as cracking head for yourself.

At the same time "puts workers in life threatening conditions to make marginal profits"... yeah...so maybe .0002% of conservatives engage in that.

Same thing as above for liberals, but in this case libertarians have defended pharmaceutical companies that have triple medicine prices specifically based on how many need it and how unique it is. 'But its duh free market!'

It's dumb. And just more divisive garbage.

No, actually it is bringing in toward the Center people who feel this way or instinctively feel this way without there being much of a system of principles that justify it.

Knew it would trigger fringe types and it apparently has.

That you buy the "both ends" Hegelian dialectic further underscores my point....You're a statist who thinks that the only reason that central planning and authority hasn't worked, is because we haven't yet found the right central planner authoritarians.
And once again, one of you guys tells me what I "think".

You guys can never use quotes. You just make it up as you go.

That's one of the symptoms.

You are misreading Mac, dude

Nope...Stupid stereotypes are on the dopes invoking them.
Lol, I have read with my own two little eyes libertarins defending exactly these things.

These are not stereotypes, they are typicalities.

You are misreading Mac, dude
No I'm not...He's a statist who's too steeped in his own image as a "centrist" to admit it.

So-called "centrists" and "independents" still buy into the notion of central authority.....They foolishly believe in the myth of the benign central planner.

You expose nothing. Also, centrists called and want you to stay off their side. :icon_rolleyes:

Dude, you have an avatar that worships your Orange Jesus. Like so many worshippers of your Orange Messiah lol

LMAO the TDS is strong with this one.

You have an avatar that worships your Orange Jesus. I do not, and never will.

"I could shoot people on 5th Ave and wouldn't lose supporters" - Donald Trump.

That's you, Orange Jesus drone.

That chart is theory.

In reality, with the dumbest echelons of society being the most politically active, the definitions of "liberal" and "conservative" are really mangled....

A "conservative" today doesn't even understand basic fiscal conservatism, mostly because said "conservative" is too dumb to understand basic math, but is 100% for US war against anyone Israel wants taken out, as long as the preacher is also for the war....

A "liberal" today is anti-free speech, anti-white while claiming to be anti bigot, for each and every spending proposal because it offers more chances for Democrats to steal the money, and no scam is too dumb or too obvious to fool them aka global warming....

Forum List

Back