An honest question for conservatives

Thanks for proving my point for me gentlemen. I didn't even have to do anything. Obama's actions on drug crackdowns are definitely in conservative territory. I don't agree with government overreach like that. But... conservatives basically built the war on drugs and they fueled it for so many years. It's an institution now.

Thanks fuckers!

Yeah, because Obama is a conservative....

Say stupid fuck, if conservatives "fueled the war of drugs," why were there no raids during the Bush years?

Hmmmm?

You're also being willfully dishonest if you say that there were no raids during the Bush years. But you're right in that Obama has been worse than Bush in that regard.

But here's the thing, comparison to Bush isn't the fucking benchmark in comparison to a conservative. Conservatives have championed the war on drugs for decades.

You can't fucking change history, retard.

So Bush was against the drug wars then. Right?

Bush spouted rhetoric, as all politicians did - BUT it is Obama who went full blast against the California dispensaries, which were approved by the voters.

And his Daddy? And Reagan? And Nixon?

Irrelevant to the subject. California passed Marijuana legalization during the Clinton regime.

My point is some of the biggest backers for the war on drugs have been republican presidents. Bush Sr, Reagan and Nixon especially.

Your point is that your a partisan hack, attempting to blame the opposition for what YOUR party is doing.

Or were you conservatives all of the hippies? Pro drugs and free love and all that shit?

Does your Obama delusion change your knowledge of US history?

Delusion?

So, you deny that the Obama administration has launched and aggressive campaign to crush states that have decriminalized (medical) marijuana?

What is delusional is what a hack you are, substituting partisanship for integrity.

Look, I get that Obama has been a shitty ass ally, and even an opponent in ending the war on drugs industrial complex that we have in this country. That's why I view him as very conservative in that regard, because his stupid ass has been following in the footsteps of all the republican presidents prior on that issue.

Obama is the most aggressive enemy you've ever had, but you're too much of a hack to acknowledge it.

Actually Cow, the number of federal raids on dispensaries increased dramatically after Obama got into office and the Dems controlled both houses.

Just another example of central planners outlawing consensual activity between adults.

Changes not at all what I said... that the war on drugs is a huge thing for the conservatives. They are and have historically been big proponents of the drug wars.

To deny that is to be ignorant of history. Obama participating in it as well(which I sure as hell am angry he is) doesn't change that fact at all.

Well, if you say so...

We'll just overlook the fact that the Uniform State Narcotic Drug Act was passed in 1934 under a Democrat President and with Democrats holding a majority in both houses.

:eusa_whistle:

ROFL. You think that means conservatives haven't been the single biggest proponents of the war on drugs?

Shiiiiiit bitch, all the liberals have been hippie mother fuckers and the biggest proponents of drug USAGE, not prohibition.

Study your history, retard. Particularly the important eras under Nixon Reagan and George H W Bush... where shit really cracked down in the war on drugs.

Your point is that your a partisan hack, attempting to blame the opposition for what YOUR party is doing.

You're the Partisan hack here, because I've obviously bashed Obama in my replies to you on his drug stances.

But your stupid ass ignores that. You want to enjoy your own narrative.

I am as conservative as one can be and I think we ought to legalize drugs.... Then the crazy libs can get stoned all the time rather than fucking up the country.

So, you deny that the Obama administration has launched and aggressive campaign to crush states that have decriminalized (medical) marijuana?

Where the fuck have I denied that, you retard. Once again, you're ignoring what I'm saying to enjoy your own narrative.

Obama has a shitty record on ending the drug war. He's escalated it. I want him to end it.

So wait though. Conservatives are all about shutting down the war on drugs? Pushing to legalize marijuana across the country so that we don't have Mexican cartels profiting off it. That's where they get nearly all of their money by the way. Fact. No other drug stands close to their profits made off marijuana)

If that's the case, I fucking love you brother. Let's hold hands because you're fucking awesome and I want to be close to you.

But I'm sure that's not the case. You're still an opponent of ending the war on drugs, which makes you no better than Obama. There's a lot of you motherfuckers out there that actually do want to legalize drugs like we do... but most of you don't. Those conservatives are the single biggest reason we still have the policies we have, because they support them and challenge opponents every step of the way.

Last edited:
Changes not at all what I said... that the war on drugs is a huge thing for the conservatives. They are and have historically been big proponents of the drug wars.

To deny that is to be ignorant of history. Obama participating in it as well(which I sure as hell am angry he is) doesn't change that fact at all.

Well, if you say so...

We'll just overlook the fact that the Uniform State Narcotic Drug Act was passed in 1934 under a Democrat President and with Democrats holding a majority in both houses.

ROFL. You think that means conservatives haven't been the single biggest proponents of the war on drugs?

Shiiiiiit bitch, all the liberals have been hippie mother fuckers and the biggest proponents of drug USAGE, not prohibition.

Study your history, retard. Particularly the important eras under Nixon Reagan and George H W Bush... where shit really cracked down in the war on drugs.

Whatever you say. The Dems started the war on drugs in 1934. Dems today raiding medical cannabis facilities FAR more so than previous administrations...but it's all the conservatives fault. Yea, whatever you say...:cuckoo:

Well, if you say so...

Whatever you say. The Dems started the war on drugs in 1934. Dems today raiding medical cannabis facilities FAR more so than previous administrations...but it's all the conservatives fault. Yea, whatever you say...:cuckoo:

So the crackdown by the Obama administration is more intense than that of George H W Bush, Reagan and Nixon?

Are you fucking shitting me?

You should bitch-slap whoever home-schooled you.

So the crackdown by the Obama administration is more intense than that of George H W Bush, Reagan and Nixon?

Far more. But then those President's you mentioned, whatever the level of 'crackdown', did they have Republican majorities in both houses?

Didn't think so.

Are you fucking shitting me?

No.

You should bitch-slap whoever home-schooled you

Very mature. Were you the President of your debating in high school? With such brilliant retorts, I'm guessing yes!

How are you defining 'a government'. We have a Constitution that outlines the role of federal government. Anything else should be left to the states.
I left that intentionally vague, as I'm hoping to learn more about theories and ideas than a strict interpretation of the Constitution. Perhaps another way to ask my question is, "What would the ideal government do?"

I don't really give a damn about your questions. It's quite a straightforward concept. Federal Government does what it is remitted to do by the Constitution, the rest it does not do. Not rocket science.

**Funny, I can't find the instructions for the FBI, CIA, or Library of Congress in the U.S. Constitution.

**And what page are the blueprints for the Washington Monument and interstate highway system on?

**They must have just made up all those National Holidays, because I can't find one of them in the Constitution.

**And I'll be goddamned if I can find the word 'Filibuster' in the U.S. Constitution.

See, you could make a case for or against the U.S. Constitution empowering our government in each of the above examples. That was the point of his question. Any twit can toss out a smart-assed non-answer like yours. But critical thinking take effort.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r81_GhjOzv0]Drug Lord Thanks Obama, Bush, & Reagan For War On Drugs - YouTube[/ame]

“I couldn’t have gotten so stinking rich without George Bush, George Bush Jr., Ronald Reagan, even El Presidente Obama, none of them have the cajones to stand up to all the big money that wants to keep this stuff illegal. … From the bottom of my heart, I want to say, ‘Gracias amigos, I owe my whole empire to you,’”

Proves my entire point that I've kept all along, that fighting to keep this shit illegal only strengthens the cartels. If you legalized marijuana in this country, you would demolish them. They get nearly all of their money from marijuana, and we are their single biggest purchaser by far of any country in the world.

With everybody getting locally grown shit, they'd have no market to make big bucks.

Last edited:
First, this is not trolling. I am an admitted liberal but I enjoy hearing different points of view so I can better understand what other people see or think. That's why this is an honest question: I want to understand the conservative viewpoint.

What role(s) should a government play in our lives?

With so many conservatives decrying taxation and government regulation, what should (if anything) governments do? Are there any tasks that should belong to the government rather than a private business? Assuming the government collects something in taxes, what should those tax dollars be spent on?

Again, I promise this is an honest question and I'm not setting folks up with a pre-planned, "airtight" counter-argument.

If you read Article 1, Section 8 there is only one function that federal government has in the daily lives of average citizens, that's to make sure you can get your mail. Beyond that the federal government is to manage a union of soverign States. Keep in mind that the feds were not signators to the Constitution, the Constitution created it and limited its power. Then in the first congress it was further clarified in the 10th Amendment that there were no implied powers, only those specifically enumerated.

Read it and compare what it says compared to todays federal government.

...fighting to keep this shit illegal only strengthens the cartels. If you legalized marijuana in this country, you would demolish them. They get nearly all of their money from marijuana, and we are their single biggest purchaser by far of any country in the world.

With everybody getting locally grown shit, they'd have no market to make big bucks.

Agreed.

First, this is not trolling. I am an admitted liberal but I enjoy hearing different points of view so I can better understand what other people see or think. That's why this is an honest question: I want to understand the conservative viewpoint.

With so many conservatives decrying taxation and government regulation, what should (if anything) governments do? Are there any tasks that should belong to the government rather than a private business? Assuming the government collects something in taxes, what should those tax dollars be spent on?

Again, I promise this is an honest question and I'm not setting folks up with a pre-planned, "airtight" counter-argument.

Okay, now that the thread has been subverted and detoured on both sides, I will give you the sort of answer you seem to be claiming you're looking for, and we'll see how honest your question actually was.

The purpose of government in a free society is to be a mechanism by which the people of the society can accomplish those activities which must be done collectively, rather than individually. The most obvious examples would be national defense on a federal level, and law enforcement on all levels.

Our US Constitution lays down specifics by which our society intends to produce this mechanism, and the various state Constitutions do the same on a state level. Lower-level governments, such as counties and cities, generally have their own mission statements, such as incorporation charters, for that purpose.

Number of medical marijuana dispensaries raided in California during 8 years of the Bush administration: ZERO

Number of medical marijuana dispensaries raided in California during 3 1/2 years of the Obama regime: 314

But Cowman says that conservatives are the problem.....

Liberals want government to be a kindergarten teacher, conservatives want it to be a referee.

A brave task..but ultimately futile.

Suffice to say that Conservatives just want to run the show.

Period.

Forum List

Back