Ameriphobia

It amounts to phobia if you base your decisions about what other people can do here on the actions of those armed lunatics on the other side of the world.

From where I am standing, USA is that "armed lunatic". But again, it does not inspire fear, it inspires RESENTMENT and in many cases -- hatred.

just look at all the creeping sharia bedwetter threads, and you will feel the fear.

Its not fear... It is alarm

Look at how our 1st Amendment rights are being threatened because we don't want to offend.

That is what the 1st Amendment was written for for freeks sake!!!

Sharia would have Mohammed off limits.... FUCK Mohammed!

al-qaedas-hollow-plan.jpg

After 9/11, somebody coined the term "Islamaphobia". The term is often used to describe anybody that would express a negative attitude about Islamism.
How come the same people don't accuse people such as those that have recently attacked American embassy's of having "Ameriphobia"? The term could be used to describe anybody that has a negative attitude about America.

"Phobia" means FEAR, not a "negative attitude".

There is no PHOBIA of Americans. There is a STRONG negative attitude towards Americans.

Therefore, the term "Ameriphobia" is not valid.

words "mean" that which speakers of a language understand them to mean.
no matter how they are constructed or their origin<<<< this is how LANGUAGE DEVELOPES
Based on your arguement one could with equal basis state that "islamophobia" is not a valid
term------since the real issue that most americans have with islam is that it is disgusting.
as to "fear" one could say that americans DISDAIN it as they disdain feces. both ARE dnagerous in the sense that they can cause disease but "islamophobia" if one focuses on the word "phobia" in the manner it is used in NEUROPSYCHIATRY------as a neurotic fear------makes no sense

It amounts to phobia if you base your decisions about what other people can do here on the actions of those armed lunatics on the other side of the world.

From where I am standing, USA is that "armed lunatic". But again, it does not inspire fear, it inspires RESENTMENT and in many cases -- hatred.

From where I am standing you are a complete idiot.

9/11, moron.

I know that you are a moron, but it's refreshing that you also realise it.
I understand why you're mindlessly lashing out. It's because I pointed out you were wrong.

And you were wrong. Unquestionably. Just accept it and move on.

But you won't. You'll continue to flap the tattered shreds of your pitiful ego and insist I'm a moron.

Guaranteed.

I understand why you're mindlessly lashing out.

Darling, "mindlessly lashing out" is what Americans do for over 20 years now. That's why resentment towards your nation grew to the proportions that even you began noticing something is not quite right with your grandstanding v reality.

After 9/11, somebody coined the term "Islamaphobia". The term is often used to describe anybody that would express a negative attitude about Islamism.
How come the same people don't accuse people such as those that have recently attacked American embassy's of having "Ameriphobia"? The term could be used to describe anybody that has a negative attitude about America.

Yeah that coined phrase would work, I agree.

Why don't people don't use it?

Guess nobody thinks we really need it.

But yes, it definitely works and makes sense and whatnot.

Forum List

Back