America's power grid is showing signs of straing during brutal cold

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
America’s Power Grid Is Showing Signs of Strain During Brutal Cold
America’s power grid is starting to show signs of fatigue as the nation grapples with a record-breaking cold snap.

-------------------------------------------

Oh , but don't worry all that grid talk was a conspiracy we've got it all covered nothing can ever happen to leftist liberal America just create your own fantasy and everything will be just fine.....................

only concern might be for big city Dwellers . Hillbillies , swampers , rednecks all pretty much have sleeping equipment , wood stoves , hats , gloves , full gas tanks and supplies in da house . ---------------- just a comment .

One transformer shot out with a 30-06 would possibley crash the electrical grid on the whole East Coast, lol.

I live on the East Coast and it still sounds hilarious to me.

We are so backward now after 16 years of Oligrachs run wild.

A few weeks back, at about 7am, I was going to turn the front porch light off and I heard a loud BANG, and all the lights went off. I called my neighbor and his were off also and we figured a transformer had blown. It only took them about an hour and a half to fix it. As far as making it, we have a 7500 KW generator, several different solar powered devices and solar powered chargers.

Here are two.

811I05dCCvL._SL1500_.jpg

61BYhvGX9UL._SL1000_.jpg

This one is a battery pack that can be recharged by sunlight. You can charge up lots of stuff with it.
9a442457-1125-4dc9-a0f2-779de3562f7b_zpso5yudjju.jpg

People would really get a charge out of this.

Last edited:
If people are thinking about buying a generator you should realize that if the power goes out for a while in a large area, the power is also out at the gas station where you would get gas for the generator. I keep about 20 gallons and rotate it every few months by filling up the car with it.

Yeah...

... the power went out here for two hours...

... started to get pretty cold...

... was almost ready to leave.

If people are thinking about buying a generator you should realize that if the power goes out for a while in a large area, the power is also out at the gas station where you would get gas for the generator. I keep about 20 gallons and rotate it every few months by filling up the car with it.
I have a 1000 gallon buried propane tank and a propane standby generator.

The power could be out for weeks and I'd never notice

Good. And I keep all my stuff to myself as well.

Yeah us too. We're semi-rural so private well and septic. We don't lose power too often but better to have it and not need it...

Yeah us too. We're semi-rural so private well and septic. We don't lose power too often but better to have it and not need it...
The power had been off for days because of a big fire in the area and we decided to go buy one. As I was unloading the generator out of the truck the power came back on! ;)

The power had been off for days because of a big fire in the area and we decided to go buy one. As I was unloading it out of the truck the power came back on! ;)
Always the way. Just like when you take the plow off the truck it fucking snows

gravity fed water...wood stoves....main floor and basement....so i can cook..80 gal water heater...i can shower for days and i have a well stocked pantry

Forum List

Back