America’s Founders Were Deeply Religious

They were so religious they owned slaves. :rolleyes:
Probably not too bright to Bump this nearly Year OLD thread up just to say that.
But thread now being where it is... 'Original intent' was, we can be sure, was that they were not included in second amendment rights.
That would have been unthinkable to them.
And with that original intent still in effect. Murders (and robbery) would be down 50% nationwide, shootings probably 70%.

`
You are as ignorant as Taz and Moonglow about the Founders.
And you're ignorant of how to back up ANYTHING you say.
You do realize that the Founding Fathers intended for slavery to perish, right?

Or do I need to back this up, dummy?
It didn’t until much later. Please try again soon.
^dummy has nothing. He gonna cry soon. :lol:
Sez the guy who can't back anything up.
It's OK if you are going to cry. :rofl:

The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807 (2 Stat. 426, enacted March 2, 1807) is a United States federal law that provided that no new slaves were permitted to be imported into the United States. It took effect on January 1, 1808, the earliest date permitted by the United States Constitution.

Just like I thought, it doesn't back up what you said about the FFs, nor does it have anything to do with abolishing slavery. But nice try.
You mean other than proving what I said? :lol:

Are you really this dumb? Or are you just pretending to be stupid? :dunno:

Probably not too bright to Bump this nearly Year OLD thread up just to say that.
But thread now being where it is... 'Original intent' was, we can be sure, was that they were not included in second amendment rights.
And with that original intent still in effect. Murders (and robbery) would be down 50% nationwide, shootings probably 70%.

`

The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807 (2 Stat. 426, enacted March 2, 1807) is a United States federal law that provided that no new slaves were permitted to be imported into the United States. It took effect on January 1, 1808, the earliest date permitted by the United States Constitution.

Just like I thought, it doesn't back up what you said about the FFs, nor does it have anything to do with abolishing slavery. But nice try.
Are you going to start crying?

`

You said the FFs in the Constitution intended to abolish slavery at the earliest time. Your link is from !809, so not in the Constitution.

`

You said the FFs in the Constitution intended to abolish slavery at the earliest time. Your link is from !809, so not in the Constitution.
You are such an idiot. It was written into the Constitution, dummy. Even the link said so.

The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807 (2 Stat. 426, enacted March 2, 1807) is a United States federal law that provided that no new slaves were permitted to be imported into the United States. It took effect on January 1, 1808, the earliest date permitted by the United States Constitution

`

You are such an idiot. It was written into the Constitution, dummy. Even the link said so.

The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves of 1807 (2 Stat. 426, enacted March 2, 1807) is a United States federal law that provided that no new slaves were permitted to be imported into the United States. It took effect on January 1, 1808, the earliest date permitted by the United States Constitution
It's "permitted" by not "in". Gawd, yer stoopid.

`

See Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution for dummies who don't know better :lol:

`

Are all lesbians as stupid as you?

`

See Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution for dummies who don't know better :lol:
That’s not a link, shit, you’re a fucking retard.

`

You called me “bro” the other day.

`

:rofl:

It's in the Constitution, dummy.

Article 1, Section 9

`

You're a racist vegan lesbian, Taz.

`

Article 1, Section 9

If it's in the Constitution, the date of 1807 means that the FFs were probably all dead by then. So not them who put it in

`

Would that scare you?

`

Article 1, Section 9

If it's in the Constitution, the date of 1807 means that the FFs were probably all dead by then. So not them who put it in
It was written into the constitution, dummy.

`

Would that scare you?
It should scare you.

`

Article 1, Section 9

Not by the FFs. You stand corrected.

`

Would that scare you?
It should scare you.
No, but it sure scares you. :lol:

`

Article 1, Section 9

In 1789, following the ratification of the Constitution, Congress expanded its fight to end slavery by passing the Northwest Ordinance. That law - establishing how territories could become States in the new United States - forbade slavery in any federal territories then held; and for this reason, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin all eventually came into the nation as free States.

Northwest Ordinance - Wikipedia

#winning

`

Article 1, Section 9

Alexander Stephens, the Vice President of the Confederate States, testifies to the fact that the Founding Fathers believed that slavery was against the Law of Nature, that it was evil, that it was not possible for them to end it at the time of the founding, but did intend for it to perish.

“Corner Stone” Speech, Alexander H. Stephens, Savannah, Georgia, March 21, 1861

“Corner Stone” Speech | Teaching American History

"The prevailing ideas entertained by him [Thomas Jefferson] and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature – that it was wrong in principle – socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent [temporary] and pass away. "

#winning

`

Everyone born in the US after 1808 was a US citizen by birth.

Forum List

Back