Facts About Judaism

Joe Bruno

Oct 11, 2019
San Diego
http://www.jewfaq.org/index.shtml

Many people know very little about Judaism. This site will answer most any questions you have.
Not all Jews do things exactly the same. There are 3 main denominations:Orthodox, Conservative and Reform. Orthodox are the most dedicated of the 3. Reform are the most casual.

Jews are a tiny minority. There are only 13 million Jews worldwide, which represents only 0.2% of the population.

Political stripe often cloaks itself in the guise of religion

at which point, it's really not a religion at all.....

This rock's biggest offenders do this 'exactly the same'

~S~

Political stripe often cloaks itself in the guise of religion

at which point, it's really not a religion at all.....

This rock's biggest offenders do this 'exactly the same'

~S~
Are you claiming people are falsely saying they are Jews??????????????
My link explains exactly who is a Jew and who isn't.

Many people know very little about Judaism. This site will answer most any questions you have.
Not all Jews do things exactly the same. There are 3 main denominations:Orthodox, Conservative and Reform. Orthodox are the most dedicated of the 3. Reform are the most casual.

Jews are a tiny minority. There are only 13 million Jews worldwide, which represents only 0.2% of the population.
Are you Jewish?

Are you Jewish?

Shall we discuss this here or face to face?

My claim cuts through the bullsh*t most religmo's manipulate us with Joe

~S~

What the blazes does that mean???????
I think it means he’s not interested in discussing Judaism because he’s super cynical to all religions.

C’mon, Sparky, give JB a chance.

But I’m interested. Do tell more.

I suggest you read the link and then ask me any questions you still have.

~S~

I think it means he’s not interested in discussing Judaism because he’s super cynical to all religions.

I was more interested in hearing you talk about it first hand.

There’s a perception here, an inaccurate one I might add, that the G-d of Abraham is cruel. What’s your response to that?

Are you Jewish?

Shall we discuss this here or face to face?
Here.

It’s a simple yes or no kind of question.

I mean I could just assume you are Jewish, right? But isn’t actually better if I ask instead.

~S~

I was more interested in hearing you talk about it first hand.

There’s a perception here, an inaccurate one I might add, that the G-d of Abraham is cruel. What’s your response to that?

whose perception is that? that of John and Charles Wesley?? we got
their followers here?

Thanks for the site. but I am still fuzzy on whether Judaism is a religion or a philosophy.

13 Principles of Faith
The closest that anyone has ever come to creating a widely-accepted list of Jewish beliefs is Rambam's thirteen principles of faith. These principles, which Rambam thought were the minimum requirements of Jewish belief, are:

1. G-d exists
  2. G-d is one and unique
  3. G-d is incorporeal
  4. G-d is eternal
  5. Prayer is to be directed to G-d alone and to no other
  6. The words of the prophets are true
  7. Moses' prophecies are true, and Moses was the greatest of the prophets
  8. The Written Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) and Oral Torah (teachings now contained in the Talmud and other writings) were given to Moses
  9. There will be no other Torah
  10. G-d knows the thoughts and deeds of men
  11. G-d will reward the good and punish the wicked
  12. The Messiah will come
  13. The dead will be resurrected
The first 10 don't really specify what is actually believed, and there seems to be wide disagreement about the last three. For example:

11. When, where and how does G-d administer reward and punishment?

12. Will the Messiah be a person, prophet and/or G-d Himself? What, exactly, will he do?

13. Will the dead be physically resurrected on Earth or transported to heaven? What will happen to nonbelievers? Where do they go?

I would appreciate any answers you can provide.

New Topics

Forum List

Back