Americans Favor "Buffett Rule" by 60% to 37%

Its obviously not fair that capital gains taxes are lower than wage taxes, but from what i'm gathering this bill doesn't change any of that. It will increase taxes for those making wages over 1 mill, but it won't effect Buffet he doesn't make a wage.....therefore the name of the bill is insincere. Buffet himself is probably dismayed by this fact.....sigh.....

Anyways, none of this will change the deficit or debt problem, increasing taxes for high income earners wouldn't even put a scratch on our budget deficit...

Its obviously not fair that capital gains taxes are lower than wage taxes, but from what i'm gathering this bill doesn't change any of that. It will increase taxes for those making wages over 1 mill, but it won't effect Buffet he doesn't make a wage.....therefore the name of the bill is insincere. Buffet himself is probably dismayed by this fact.....sigh.....

Anyways, none of this will change the deficit or debt problem, increasing taxes for high income earners wouldn't even put a scratch on our budget deficit...

People that are investing in America are also taking risks in their investments, and to gain the benefit of the lower tax, they have to invest the risk capital for a lenth of time, or they will pay regular taxes on the investment. If they lose their capital, they can only write off so much.

According to a new Gallup poll released Friday, a majority of Americans support the proposed Buffett Rule, which would require individuals earning $1 million or more per year to pay at least 30 percent of their income in taxes.

Six in 10 Americans favor Congress' passing the so-called "Buffett Rule," which would mandate a minimum 30% tax rate for Americans with a household income of $1 million or more per year. Majorities of both Democrats and independents favor the policy, while a majority of Republicans oppose it.

Americans Favor

Here's another area where the GOP is out of touch with the average American.

128815666669827890.jpg

My gawd, they are still pushing this idiot idea..

I guess the class warfare is working

Only with the perpetually stupid/ignorant that want something for nothing at the expense of others.

It's sad to see what our country has come to...no pride

No pride comes with indoctrination as what our education facilities have become...Be good workers...good citizens...and that's it...don't you dare to aspire to become anything else without government acknowledgement.

Liberty is fast becoming an endangered practice.

The GOP will not be happy until Millionaires and Billionaires pay not taxes at all. Then the wealth is supposed to magically trickle down to the poor and middle class...

I'll let you in on a little secret, Jim, if you taxed the wealthy 90%, it still wouldn't trickle down to the poor and middle class....make no mistake about that.

It would trickle to politicians who would dispense just enough patronage to get a vote.

Forum List

Back