Americans Favor "Buffett Rule" by 60% to 37%

wow, REALLY
what a joke
:cuckoo:

Yes really. You're powerless to say anything substantive so you're reduced to crying like a baby. It's sad to see what you've become...no message other than "it's sad".

By the way, are you still trumpeting that Obama isn't a citizen? Yes or no?

the only one I see crying is you in this whiny post..
bye...done with your silliness

You invoked the word "sad". Not me.

Carry on.

Victim of what exactly?

The Republicans have taken the "victim mentality" to a new height. Steph is portraying a victim mentality.

Have they or are YOU butthurt they are fighting back and not laying down as YOU demand they do?

Fighting back? Really? By contesting the President's birthplace...STILL? By asking how many vacations he's taken...STILL? Let me know when you start fighting.

wow, REALLY
what a joke
:cuckoo:

Yes really. You're powerless to say anything substantive so you're reduced to crying like a baby. It's sad to see what you've become...no message other than "it's sad".

Deflect much do you?

Let me see, you will note she/he didn't answer the question. The deflection from what? Is there still a debate about the OP?

Deflect much do you?

Let me see, you will note she/he didn't answer the question. The deflection from what? Is there still a debate about the OP?

oh that's what chapped your ass? sorry, I don't jump through hoops for you or anyone else...

Deflect more...:lol:

Yeah, you're right, she's probably not that pretty.

I'm damn more pretty on the inside than you...but you don't seem to mind showing your ugliness for all to see..

Not sure about that:

You're the one who questions the President's birth place still...

Most Republicans know it's a loser of an issue for them which is why nobody came to your defense on the other thread.

You remember:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/215378-arpaio-investigation-brings-up-compelling-questions-about-obamas-birth-certificate-a.html#post5034280

Anyway, since it (like you) is such a loser for your supposed cause, one can only wonder why you would bring it up. It's pure hated for the man, not the policies, not the stands, not the words...but the man himself. I wonder why...would you do it if he were white and his name was Sam Smith? No.

The facts speak for themselves and your motives are shaded.

Yeah, you're right, she's probably not that pretty.

I'm damn more pretty on the inside than you...but you don't seem to mind showing your ugliness for all to see..

Not sure about that:

Most Republicans know it's a loser of an issue for them which is why nobody came to your defense on the other thread.

You remember:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/215378-arpaio-investigation-brings-up-compelling-questions-about-obamas-birth-certificate-a.html#post5034280

Anyway, since it (like you) is such a loser for your supposed cause, one can only wonder why you would bring it up. It's pure hated for the man, not the policies, not the stands, not the words...but the man himself. I wonder why...would you do it if he were white and his name was Sam Smith? No.

Dear Gawd, you're still WHINING over THAT..from me posting a article? you really a joke and a freaking loser....waaa waaa:lol:

Deflect much do you?

oh that's what chapped your ass? sorry, I don't jump through hoops for you or anyone else...

If I put a Scooby snack in front of you....

Just kidding.

Just asking if you stand by your assertion:

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Run away from your statements more if you want. Theres no shame in admitting you were mistaken/wrong/bigoted etc...

LINK

Bloomberg News reporter Richard Rubin won’t be invited to any state-controlled-media dinner parties for a long time. Liberals are sure to be furious with him for committing an act of journalism.

As evidence, take his headline: “Buffet Rule or Not, Most Rich People Already Pay.” Here’s the first paragraph: “President Obama’s sales pitch for the so-called Buffett Rule is simple: It’s only fair that those who make more than $1 million a year should pay a higher tax rate than middle-class workers. Here’s what he tends not to mention: for the most part, they already do.”

For all the figures, look up the article, but here’s all you need to know. Warren Buffett’s tax situation is the exception, not the rule. Most rich people are paying a tax rate of almost 30 percent. That’s a lot higher rate than anybody else is paying.

Bloomberg: Buffett Rule or Not, Most Rich People Already Pay - Richard Rubin

...Yet Romney—and Buffett, for that matter—are the exception. According to government tax data, the median effective tax rate for the middle 20 percent of U.S. taxpayers is 13.3 percent, including income, payroll, and corporate taxes. The top 1 percent of taxpayers pay a median rate of 29.6 percent, according to the 2012 Economic Report of the President. Just one-tenth of these highest-income households have tax rates of 8.7 percent or less.

If the Buffett Rule—officially named the Paying a Fair Share Act of 2012—became law, the number of people required to pay substantially more in taxes would be relatively small. Of the 217,000 households that would be affected by the rule, 4,000 will have incomes exceeding $1 million and tax rates below 15 percent, according to estimates for 2015 by the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan research group. The average rate, including payroll tax, for the middle 20 percent of taxpayers will be 15.9 percent, the center projects.

Obama's "Clas Warfare" Machine marches on.

Not sure about that:

You remember:

Dear Gawd, you're still WHINING over THAT..from me posting a article? you really a joke and a freaking loser....waaa waaa:lol:

Again....

Just wondering if you stand by your assertions about Obama's birthplace.

A simple yes or no. Why are you afraid to stand by YOUR OWN statements. Then again, considering the idiotic nature of your posts, I would run from them too if I were you. So much for the "internet tough guy" routine, huh? LOL

I know it hurts...waaa waaaa

LINK

Bloomberg News reporter Richard Rubin won’t be invited to any state-controlled-media dinner parties for a long time. Liberals are sure to be furious with him for committing an act of journalism.

As evidence, take his headline: “Buffet Rule or Not, Most Rich People Already Pay.” Here’s the first paragraph: “President Obama’s sales pitch for the so-called Buffett Rule is simple: It’s only fair that those who make more than $1 million a year should pay a higher tax rate than middle-class workers. Here’s what he tends not to mention: for the most part, they already do.”

For all the figures, look up the article, but here’s all you need to know. Warren Buffett’s tax situation is the exception, not the rule. Most rich people are paying a tax rate of almost 30 percent. That’s a lot higher rate than anybody else is paying.

...Yet Romney—and Buffett, for that matter—are the exception. According to government tax data, the median effective tax rate for the middle 20 percent of U.S. taxpayers is 13.3 percent, including income, payroll, and corporate taxes. The top 1 percent of taxpayers pay a median rate of 29.6 percent, according to the 2012 Economic Report of the President. Just one-tenth of these highest-income households have tax rates of 8.7 percent or less.

If the Buffett Rule—officially named the Paying a Fair Share Act of 2012—became law, the number of people required to pay substantially more in taxes would be relatively small. Of the 217,000 households that would be affected by the rule, 4,000 will have incomes exceeding $1 million and tax rates below 15 percent, according to estimates for 2015 by the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan research group. The average rate, including payroll tax, for the middle 20 percent of taxpayers will be 15.9 percent, the center projects.

Back on Topic...

Not sure about that:

You remember:

Again....

Just wondering if you stand by your assertions about Obama's birthplace.

A simple yes or no. Why are you afraid to stand by YOUR OWN statements. Then again, considering the idiotic nature of your posts, I would run from them too if I were you. So much for the "internet tough guy" routine, huh? LOL

I know it hurts...waaa waaaa

again, not jumping through your hoops..get someone else to play with ya..and what I think is none of your fucking business...see ya:lol:

Last edited:
LINK

Here is the entire article:
President Obama’s sales pitch for the so-called Buffett Rule is simple: It’s only fair that those who make more than $1 million a year should pay a higher tax rate than middle-class workers. Here’s what he tends not to mention: For the most part, they already do.

Latching onto Warren Buffett’s lament that the law allows him to pay a lower rate than his secretary, Obama is urging Congress to pass a bill that would require households with adjusted gross incomes exceeding $2 million a year to pay a minimum tax rate of 30 percent, beginning in 2013. Households with incomes from $1 million to $2 million would see their taxes increase on a sliding scale up to 30 percent.

Obama is making tax fairness a central campaign issue—no surprise, since it allows the president to continually remind voters that Mitt Romney, who opposes the Buffett Rule as a burden on business, is one of those rich guys who pays tax rates in the mid-teens despite making millions. “Right now, the share of our national income flowing to the top 1 percent has climbed to levels we haven’t seen since the 1920s,” Obama said on April 10 in a speech at Florida Atlantic University. “Those same people are also paying taxes at one of the lowest rates in 50 years.”

Yet Romney—and Buffett, for that matter—are the exception. According to government tax data, the median effective tax rate for the middle 20 percent of U.S. taxpayers is 13.3 percent, including income, payroll, and corporate taxes. The top 1 percent of taxpayers pay a median rate of 29.6 percent, according to the 2012 Economic Report of the President. Just one-tenth of these highest-income households have tax rates of 8.7 percent or less.

Although investors including Buffett and Romney—who are now taxed no more than 15 percent on capital gains and dividends—would be “clobbered” by the Buffett Rule, says Tax Policy Center senior fellow Roberton Williams, the tax rate of top executives, movie stars, and pro athletes wouldn’t change as much because their pay is already taxed as ordinary income. High-income households with a mix of ordinary and capital income currently have rates from 15 percent to 30 percent. Their taxes would rise, though they already pay more than middle-class households.

Democrats say the law has another benefit: It would increase U.S. tax revenue by $47 billion over the next decade, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation, the nonpartisan scorekeeper for Congress. Of course, that assumes the bill can get through Congress—which it almost certainly can’t. A procedural vote is set for April 16 in the Senate, where Democrats likely won’t overcome Republican opposition. In the GOP-led House, it will never see daylight. Representative Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), chairman of the House Budget Committee, mocked the Buffett Rule as “budget pixie dust” that would pay for only 6 percent of Obama’s proposed deficit spending. Not that he’s arguing for a larger tax hike. Ryan and other Republicans want to close the country’s future fiscal gap with spending cuts alone.

The president may be just as happy to have an issue to campaign on as a law to sign. “It may be an uphill battle,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said this week. “But it’s not an impossible battle.” Either way, the bill named after a billionaire is helping Obama make himself out to be a champion of the little guy.

The bottom line: Among the superrich, Romney’s 13.9 percent tax bill is the exception, not the rule. The top 1 percent pay a median rate of 29.6 percent.

217,000 households would be effected. You really want to risk the entire election on that?

Forum List

Back