Americans Favor "Buffett Rule" by 60% to 37%

I'm in favor too if it involves not paying taxes like Buffet's billion.

Buffet actually 'on paper' or 'payroll' actually DOES pay less in payroll tax than his secretary.... he pays himself less than her... I want to say its like 80K a year or some bullshit like that.

His capital gains is a different story ALL together... like I said, the pollsters asked folks a question they have zero information on. Simple as that... :dunno:

Exactly, Infidel.

Ok now I may have this wrong but capital gains is profits you make on investments and you want to raise the amount that you are taxed on the profits you make from those investments. Now if I have all this right wouldn't someone who is looking to invest do that some place where the capital gains tax is lower so they could get a better return on their investment?

ok now i may have this wrong but capital gains is profits you make on investments and you want to raise the amount that you are taxed on the profits you make from those investments. Now if i have all this right wouldn't someone who is looking to invest do that some place where the capital gains tax is lower so they could get a better return on their investment?

werd...!

Ok now I may have this wrong but capital gains is profits you make on investments and you want to raise the amount that you are taxed on the profits you make from those investments. Now if I have all this right wouldn't someone who is looking to invest do that some place where the capital gains tax is lower so they could get a better return on their investment?

But the fruits of your labors should go to a government that blows out the treasury.

That's exactly why capital gains are taxed less, it encourages investment in more risky things like stocks, and can help minimize loses. Instead though I can buy a bunch of precious metals and later sell them after they appreciate income tax free. Same thing I did with all those childhood baseball cards and old comic books I had stored away for years. :lol:

According to a new Gallup poll released Friday, a majority of Americans support the proposed Buffett Rule, which would require individuals earning $1 million or more per year to pay at least 30 percent of their income in taxes.

Six in 10 Americans favor Congress' passing the so-called "Buffett Rule," which would mandate a minimum 30% tax rate for Americans with a household income of $1 million or more per year. Majorities of both Democrats and independents favor the policy, while a majority of Republicans oppose it.

Americans Favor

Here's another area where the GOP is out of touch with the average American.

Gee, there's a shocker, huh? "Do you think we should tax that other guy over there more?"

If a majority of people DIDN'T say they want the other guy to pay more I would have been very, very surprised.

That's the American way: Gimme, gimme, gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Yep unearned income should be taxed at a higher rate.

And YOU are just the person to decide who "earned" their money and who has not, uscitizen!

I know exactly what you mean! I was just saying yesterday that "fair" is deciding who has "earned" their money, and who hasn't. There are some people making money who didn't "earn" it and we cannot abide that. We need to take away their money that was not "earned" and give it to people who...uh...ummmm...didn't ear-, er, deserve the money. Because.

Yeah, that's it. Because.

At the very least, the government needs to take away that unearned money and spend it. It's wrong to let those rich people keep it or spend it themselves. Just morally wrong.

Yeah. I'm going with that.

The government must do something about rich people.

Last edited:
Well, if you tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth it wouldn't be so durn confusing. The Buffett rule is not quite what it's been touted to be!! There is a difference in earned income and capital gains, the left just doesn't quite let everyone know that.

Honesty is a virtue.

I think it's quite hilarious that a Republican is complaining about honesty.. Also, it's a bit ironic that someone named naturegirl would support politicians who seem to deny the fact that humans have done some serious damage to the Earth. Just saying :lol:

Well, if you tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth it wouldn't be so durn confusing. The Buffett rule is not quite what it's been touted to be!! There is a difference in earned income and capital gains, the left just doesn't quite let everyone know that.

Honesty is a virtue.

I think it's quite hilarious that a Republican is complaining about honesty.. Also, it's a bit ironic that someone named naturegirl would support politicians who seem to deny the fact that humans have done some serious damage to the Earth. Just saying :lol:

bring something to the thread or STFU

Linked Article said:
Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted April 9-12, 2012, with a random sample of 1,016 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

:thup:

Since 50% of Americans don't pay income taxes this is no surprise.

That 50% you mentioned,, a majority of those workers aren't paid enough in wages to qualify to pay taxes. Wage earners having been losing out to inflation for decades.. You are demonizing the wrong people, try whining to their employers instead, those are the folks who are paying wages that don't qualifiy to be taxed in the first place.

Last edited:
Buffet_Rule_Summary.png

That 50% you mentioned,, a majority of those workers aren't paid enough in wages to qualify to pay taxes.
I don't believe that is true. Fact is, MANY simply don't report or file or pay income taxes. MANY! More than you might care to believe. That's why spending should be taxed, that's easy to track. Too difficult to track income.

According to a new Gallup poll released Friday, a majority of Americans support the proposed Buffett Rule, which would require individuals earning $1 million or more per year to pay at least 30 percent of their income in taxes.

Six in 10 Americans favor Congress' passing the so-called "Buffett Rule," which would mandate a minimum 30% tax rate for Americans with a household income of $1 million or more per year. Majorities of both Democrats and independents favor the policy, while a majority of Republicans oppose it.

Americans Favor

Buffet owes like a billion in back taxes and he's fighting in. So, the Buffet rule means avoiding paying taxes if you have a good lawyer?

That 50% you mentioned,, a majority of those workers aren't paid enough in wages to qualify to pay taxes.
I don't believe that is true. Fact is, MANY simply don't report or file or pay income taxes. MANY! More than you might care to believe. That's why spending should be taxed, that's easy to track. Too difficult to track income.

Explain the chart below then,,Wages in Real Dollars.

Last edited:

18333d1334380645-americans-favor-buffett-rule-by-60-to-37-real_earnings.gif

Surpluses of unskilled laborers distort supply/demand forces reducing the equilibrium wage price paid to workers. Notice the correlation:

Population-Estimates-of-Undocumented-Immigrants-in-the-US-1969-2009.gif

Population Estimates of Undocumented Immigrants in the US, 1969 - 2009 - Illegal Immigration - ProCon.org

Americans Favor

So a majority want someone else to pay. Good job liberals

Passing on piss poor morals

Americans Favor

So a majority want someone else to pay. Good job liberals

Passing on piss poor morals

They polled these types

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q]Obama Money - Where Did it Come From? - YouTube[/ame]

18333d1334380645-americans-favor-buffett-rule-by-60-to-37-real_earnings.gif

Surpluses of unskilled laborers distort supply/demand forces reducing the equilibrium wage price paid to workers. Notice the correlation:

Population-Estimates-of-Undocumented-Immigrants-in-the-US-1969-2009.gif

Population Estimates of Undocumented Immigrants in the US, 1969 - 2009 - Illegal Immigration - ProCon.org

Nice chart. However, it doesn't verify InAlienable's statement nor does it disprove my statement. Wages were flat before the undocumented worker population exploded.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back