Americans don't get any choice when it comes to TV

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
40 million Americans have access to Netflix. An estimated 28.7 million Americans have HBO. Only 98.4 million people have access to Syfy who is just bringing back quality content. The total of the US population is more than 321 million. It is obvious that a sizable number of Americans do not have access to good TV shows. The only choices for a big number of Americans are only reality shows, cop shows, medical shows, cooking shows, and sitcoms. Is this a deliberate attempt to dumb down the population? Or are these networks just giving people what they want to watch?

Only 98.4 million people have access to Syfy who is just bringing back quality content.

I can't take anyone seriously who says SyFy is quality content. Not kidding. It's drek. Total drek.

The only choices for a big number of Americans are only reality shows, cop shows, medical shows, cooking shows, and sitcoms. Is this a deliberate attempt to dumb down the population? Or are these networks just giving people what they want to watch?
Of course the networks are giving the rubes what they want. And now the rubes are trying to get one of their reality TV stars elected as President.

Idiocracy (2006) - IMDb

40 million Americans have access to Netflix. An estimated 28.7 million Americans have HBO. Only 98.4 million people have access to Syfy who is just bringing back quality content. The total of the US population is more than 321 million. It is obvious that a sizable number of Americans do not have access to good TV shows. The only choices for a big number of Americans are only reality shows, cop shows, medical shows, cooking shows, and sitcoms. Is this a deliberate attempt to dumb down the population? Or are these networks just giving people what they want to watch?

Access to television is the deliberate attempt to dumb down the population and it's working wonderfully.

"Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye." -- Bill Hicks

I know most of Syfy is crap but The Expanse looks promising. I wish that and Battlestar Galactica was the only things they showed on the godforsaken channel!

I know most of Syfy is crap but The Expanse looks promising. I wish that and Battlestar Galactica was the only things they showed on the godforsaken channel!
Battlestar Galactica was awesome, in the beginning. I was gobsmacked by the first episode and really got into the series.

But halfway through the series, it nosedived into utter garbage. That weird Bob Dylan psychedelic shit was the point it jumped the shark.

Very disappointing.

SYFY has quality content? Lol!

Considering the drivel on the rest of tv, I'd rather watch those horrible syfy critter movies than pretty much anything else. At least they're funny. I was watching one where they were calling in an airstrike on a giant shark or gator or something and the short clip of the jets coming in was a shot of the Blue Angels in diamond formation. Too funny. Of course I've always loved horrible b sci fi critter movies.

Battlestar Galactica was awesome, in the beginning. I was gobsmacked by the first episode and really got into the series.

But halfway through the series, it nosedived into utter garbage. That weird Bob Dylan psychedelic shit was the point it jumped the shark.

Very disappointing.

One criticism of BSG that it had too much religious stuff in it.

the expanse
killjoys
dark matter

seriously, they aren't bad shows

the expanse
killjoys
dark matter

Wasn't big on Killjoys. But The Expanse isn't bad and Dark Matter is great.

Normally, I don't agree with what you post, but your question about dumbing down the population. ABSOLUTELY! Over-sexualization at an increasingly younger age, Kardashians, well, pretty much anything on Bravo. Schools have participated in dumbing down for decades. Our future generations are nothing more than a product of our expectations.

the expanse
killjoys
dark matter

Not good either.

Like Kill Joys and Dark Matter, but the ads for Expanse didn't interest me

Go read a book.

Forum List

Back