American Revolution happened in the 16th Century....

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
you're telling me about Mormons ! I grew up Mormon.
if the Mormons were a cult then all of Christianity was a cult...as they all believe in the same god just like the Jews and Islam

The early Christians WERE a cult.

Read up on their behavior in Alexandria with the library. Before the Muslims burned it, the Christians ransacked it.

But the Mormons were very violent. Blood oaths and murders were a big party of the Nauvoo years. Remember, Joseph Smith was in a military prison for treason, where he was to be hung, rightfully so, for sending his troops against federal soldiers. He died in a blazing gun battle against U.S. soldiers. He was no martyr.

Then there were the Mountain Meadows murders....

The Mormons stopped being a cult about the time Brigham Young died. The ones I've known have been good people. BUT, they were absolutely a cult in the beginning.
do you have some need to tell people what they already know?:eusa_whistle:

I am from just down the road from Hill Cumorah. Western NY

Palmyra, huh?

We used to have a plant out your way.

in the 1840s was a very strange place with lots of cults popping up. Joseph Smith started one of many, his just happened to have legs. It is amusing considering the area's geography how anyone today could believe the garbage he put out about the gold tablets, etc. Hill Cumorah is a Drumlin, a hill formed from glacial movement. We've got them all over the place there....nothing mysterious or ancient civilization about it.

People want to believe, it's their nature.

Joseph Smith, Barack Obama, there is a desire to follow.

I am from just down the road from Hill Cumorah. Western NY

Palmyra, huh?

We used to have a plant out your way.

in the 1840s was a very strange place with lots of cults popping up. Joseph Smith started one of many, his just happened to have legs. It is amusing considering the area's geography how anyone today could believe the garbage he put out about the gold tablets, etc. Hill Cumorah is a Drumlin, a hill formed from glacial movement. We've got them all over the place there....nothing mysterious or ancient civilization about it.

People want to believe, it's their nature.

Joseph Smith, Barack Obama, there is a desire to follow.
apples and oranges

At least........according to Rick Perry........

Texas Gov. Rick Perry would like to avoid being compared to his gaffe-prone predecessor, former President George W. Bush, but he didn't help himself late Tuesday when he suggested that the American Revolution took place in the 16th century.

Following a Republican presidential candidate debate at Dartmouth College, Perry made a stop at the school's Beta Theta Pi fraternity house a few blocks away, where he spoke briefly with students and answered a few questions. One participant pressed the governor on the issue of states' rights.

Perry, a favorite of Tea Party Republicans, replied, "Our Founding Fathers never meant for Washington, D.C. to be the fount of all wisdom. As a matter of fact, they were very much afraid of that because they'd just had this experience with this far-away government that had centralized thought process and planning and what have you, and then it was actually the reason that we fought the revolution in the 16th century, was to get away from that kind of onerous crown if you will."

Tea Party favorite Perry flubs date of U.S. revolution - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Ya really gotta wonder about someone running for President, if they don't know much about how this country got started (or when).
Yeah, I guess obamaturd thinking there were 57 states is different?

Texas Gov. Rick Perry would like to avoid being compared to his gaffe-prone predecessor, former President George W. Bush, but he didn't help himself late Tuesday when he suggested that the American Revolution took place in the 16th century.

Following a Republican presidential candidate debate at Dartmouth College, Perry made a stop at the school's Beta Theta Pi fraternity house a few blocks away, where he spoke briefly with students and answered a few questions. One participant pressed the governor on the issue of states' rights.

Perry, a favorite of Tea Party Republicans, replied, "Our Founding Fathers never meant for Washington, D.C. to be the fount of all wisdom. As a matter of fact, they were very much afraid of that because they'd just had this experience with this far-away government that had centralized thought process and planning and what have you, and then it was actually the reason that we fought the revolution in the 16th century, was to get away from that kind of onerous crown if you will."

Tea Party favorite Perry flubs date of U.S. revolution - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Ya really gotta wonder about someone running for President, if they don't know much about how this country got started (or when).
there is..subtract 57 from 1600..

there is..subtract 57 from 1600..

As my high school history teacher often said, "History repeats itself because people failed to listen the first time." We can not afford to have anyone near the White House who does not comprehend American History and it's consequences in their entirety.

ahhh....no! another specious ASSumption.
nice dodge though..

It's either drugs or you're mentally retarded. I figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.

still doesn't answer the question:" do you have some need to tell people what they already know?":eusa_whistle:

Let's see sparky...

if the Mormons were a cult then all of Christianity was a cult...as they all believe in the same god just like the Jews and Islam

So, was it a head injury, or did your mom ingest something while pregnant?

nice dodge though..

It's either drugs or you're mentally retarded. I figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.

still doesn't answer the question:" do you have some need to tell people what they already know?":eusa_whistle:

Let's see sparky...

just your dad's dick!

just your dad's dick!

You're saying my dad's dick bumped your head while your mom was pregnant with you?

Well okay sparky.....

Would we call this a level 2 meltdown, or have you hit level 3?
wrong again!
you can call it anything you like, the only meltdown I see is yours.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S38VioxnBaI]TEA PARTY RACISM: What The Media Won't Show You About Teabagger Racism - YouTube[/ame]

nice dodge though..

Let's see sparky...

Family, Uncensored?

nice dodge though..

Let's see sparky...

Family, Uncensored?
it's an I'm getting my ass handed to me move.

Forum List

Back