American Revolution happened in the 16th Century....

I didn't think anyone was talking about Rick Perry any more. The pundits seem to be locking onto Mitt Romney as the deadline approaches to get on the presidential ballot. As a Democrat, I think Romney would be better for us than Perry. Perry is inept, but so was two term President George Bush.

Then again, Obama isn't exactly a shining star. I think, hypothetically, Obama could be a better President in a second term than what his first term has mostly been. But that will take him growing some balls and doing some major finger pointing at the idiots in his own party.

I didn't think anyone was talking about Rick Perry any more. The pundits seem to be locking onto Mitt Romney as the deadline approaches to get on the presidential ballot. As a Democrat, I think Romney would be better for us than Perry. Perry is inept, but so was two term President George Bush.

Then again, Obama isn't exactly a shining star. I think, hypothetically, Obama could be a better President in a second term than what his first term has mostly been. But that will take him growing some balls and doing some major finger pointing at the idiots in his own party.

He is never going to point fingers at himself.

And yes, hypothetially Obama could be a better President in his second term. That wouldn't be difficult considering how low he set the bar. But I believe that one of the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over aned expecting different results. And the American people would be insane if we reelected him and expected anything different.

Jesus fucking Christ.

The most depressing thing to me about the current political climate is that all of a sudden, people have decided to make a huge deal over the smallest, stupidest thing.

Who cares if he got the dates wrong? Everyone makes mistakes.

Exactly.

But that's no reason to take the Lord's name in vain.
goddamn would be taking the "lord's" name in vain..and you say your a Christian!

Do you really think I'm trying to "fool" anyone on anything?

So, why would you choose the name "inthemiddle" when you are far left, bordering on radical left?

a.) you thought you could fool
b.)????

Let me guess, you're a Perry supporter.

You're not very good at this.

Ah well, you're not a leftist because you're particularly bright, now are you?

And my analysis was counter to your position. Ergo, you conclude that I must be some kind of wing-nut.

The body of your posts, in this thread and others, reveals you to the typical Olbermoron spouting, Jon Stewart for news, leftist.

Which makes perfect sense. Because even though I am a strong supporter of gun rights, highly critical of gun control, firmly against illegal immigration, support the free market over government intervention, support states rights and leaving more issues for the states to deal with,

Oh, you again.

Why did you switch ID's?

and am hoping for a quality candidate to come out to unseat Obama, anyone who disagrees with you simply must be a left wing nut-job, amiright? :lol: Stop being such a partisan hack, you reek of Al Qaeda style extremism.

Yawn...

I didn't think anyone was talking about Rick Perry any more. The pundits seem to be locking onto Mitt Romney as the deadline approaches to get on the presidential ballot. As a Democrat, I think Romney would be better for us than Perry. Perry is inept, but so was two term President George Bush. Once America finds out what Mormonism is really about, Christians will be afraid of it as a cult.

Based on Romney's past presidential efforts he has never pulled an evangelical State. Chances are good that the holy rollers would stay home election day 2012.

You can always dream, comrade....

Cities maybe, campaign stops maybe but unlikely; counties never; no one looks back and counts the counties they've visited. Most likely, and this IS hard to believe: he mispoke as people sometimes do, sorta babbled a bit of nonsense.

Don't be too hard on Jillian; she's desperate - REALLY desperate. Her Messiah® is a fucking idiot, and she HAS to do something to obscure it! KOS says so!

But it is legitimate fodder for exploitation. Maybe Perry made a paradigm error by calling the century by subtracting one from 1700s instead of adding one to 1700s, a nonsensical babble in a moment of fatigue.

Of course, Perry is virtually our of the running, so it doesn't amount to much.

I vow to never vote for any politician that makes a mistake while speaking ever again. Nah just kidding. Seriously though,the country is dying so is this really that important? People mis-speak all the time. It happens.

I vow to never vote for any politician that makes a mistake while speaking ever again. Nah just kidding. Seriously though,the country is dying so is this really that important? People mis-speak all the time. It happens.
true, but when you're desperate (both sides) you'll grasp at straws.

What's the matter Skidmark........finally figure out your first post was WRONG? You're lucky you changed it before I was able to quote it.

No........the 16th Century was actually during the 1500's. The American Revolution was actually started in 1776, i.e. the 18th Century.

Try again stupid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

I just said that!

You said size.

Age is what legitimizes cults.

Over time, they moderate. Mormonism WAS a cult, a violent and dangerous one. But Joseph Smith is long dead, now they are just another religion. Mormons haven't murdered settlers on their way to California in over a hundred years.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
you're telling me about Mormons ! I grew up Mormon.
if the Mormons were a cult then all of Christianity was a cult...as they all believe in the same god just like the Jews and Islam

In Victory Speech, Rand Paul Misquotes Thomas Jefferson
By Michael Scherer | @michaelscherer | November 2, 2010 | 22
Maybe there is something in the tea–this habit that Tea Party candidates have, on election night, of misquoting the nation’s founding fathers. Just now, in a rousing victory speech, Kentucky’s newest senator, Rand Paul, announced, “Thomas Jefferson wrote, ‘That government is best that governs least.’”

Except, no. He didn’t. Henry David Thoreau did. According to the official Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia, kept by his estate at Monticello, “Although the saying ‘That government is best which governs least’ is often attributed to Thomas Jefferson, we have not found this particular statement in his writings.”

This is not the first time the words of our founding fathers have been garbled and misrepresented by a Tea Party favorite. When Christine O’Donnell won the Delaware Republican primary she announced that she was quoting Thomas Jefferson’s words, “When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Except, he never said that either.

Maybe, none of this matters. As Thomas Jefferson said, “The specifics of history don’t matter. Just make it up as you go along.” (No, he didn’t say that either.)

Since we are on the topic, it might be worth recounting the probable source of the quote Paul used today. According to Bartleby, here is the passage, from Thoreau’s Civil Disobedience, which argues for a sort of benevolent anarchy.

I heartily accept the motto,—“That government is best which governs least;” and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which I also believe,—“That government is best which governs not at all;” and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. Government is at best but an expedient; but most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient.

Read more: In Victory Speech, Rand Paul Misquotes Thomas Jefferson | Swampland | TIME.com

They Never Said It, Funny Misquotes and Fabrications69
rate or flag this pageBy sschilke

Quotes can be funny, wise, intelligent or moronic. In a world where everyone has something to say, quotes represent snapshots of pop culture and reveal both the wise and the foolish. As entertaining as it is to read quotes, it is much more fun to play with quotes and mischaracterize, fictionalize and otherwise make light of all those unlucky enough to be blessed with visibility and celebrity. So in the grand tradition of the NY Times, LA times, CNN, Fox and National Enquirer, it's time to really screw around and play fast and loose with the facts. If any morsel of truth makes emerges from the wreckage, remember, it's just coincidence.

A List of Misquotes, Fabrications and Outright Lies
"Don't ask what your country can do for you, but rather ask what you can do to screw your country." George W. Bush

"Don't worry, be happy." Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2/24/2009

"It takes a village to raise my children." Nadya Suleman, the Octomom

"It's what is in your heart that counts." Dick Cheney

"He who dies with the most toys wins." Santa Claus

"Joaquin Phoenix would have done a better job at the Oscars." David Letterman assessing Hugh Jackman's performance as Master of Ceremony.

"Always tell the truth, it will set you free." Alex Rodriquez's advice for Barry Bonds.

"Training for the Olympics improved my muscle strength, endurance and lung capacity. Skills that I was easily able to transfer to other pursuits." Michael Phelps

"Practice what you preach. I don't practice." Alan Iverson

"Size doesn't matter." Paris Hilton talks about her version of the Stimulus Plan.

"A rich man's joke is always funny." Bernie Madoff trying to make light of his financial misdeeds.

"We have changed our course 360 degrees since we were here last time." CEO of GM, Rick Wagoner, as he lobbies Congress for more bailout dollars.

"George Bush is the greatest President of the 21st century." Rush Limbaugh 6/6/2006.

"If you build it they will come." Sarah Palin's comments regarding Bridge to Nowhere before McCain won Republican nomination

"Everyone should pay their fair share of taxes." Tom Daschle

"Give a politician enough Twitter and he will hang himself." Sschilke

Feel Free to Add Your Own Spin
They Never Said It, Funny Misquotes and Fabrications

if the Mormons were a cult then all of Christianity was a cult...as they all believe in the same god just like the Jews and Islam

The early Christians WERE a cult.

Read up on their behavior in Alexandria with the library. Before the Muslims burned it, the Christians ransacked it.

But the Mormons were very violent. Blood oaths and murders were a big party of the Nauvoo years. Remember, Joseph Smith was in a military prison for treason, where he was to be hung, rightfully so, for sending his troops against federal soldiers. He died in a blazing gun battle against U.S. soldiers. He was no martyr.

Then there were the Mountain Meadows murders....

The Mormons stopped being a cult about the time Brigham Young died. The ones I've known have been good people. BUT, they were absolutely a cult in the beginning.

I just said that!

You said size.

Age is what legitimizes cults.

Over time, they moderate. Mormonism WAS a cult, a violent and dangerous one. But Joseph Smith is long dead, now they are just another religion. Mormons haven't murdered settlers on their way to California in over a hundred years.

I am from just down the road from Hill Cumorah. Western NY in the 1840s was a very strange place with lots of cults popping up. Joseph Smith started one of many, his just happened to have legs. It is amusing considering the area's geography how anyone today could believe the garbage he put out about the gold tablets, etc. Hill Cumorah is a Drumlin, a hill formed from glacial movement. We've got them all over the place there....nothing mysterious or ancient civilization about it.

Forum List

Back