American Legion calls for full investigation into Israel’s attack on the USS Liberty

How many congressional investigations have there been into this friendly fire incident?

• During Operation Cobra, the American offensive push south from western Normandy, bombs from the U.S. Eighth Air Force landed on American troops on two separate occasions.
    • 24 July – Some 1,600 bombers flew in support of the opening bombardment for Cobra. Due to bad weather they were unable to see their targets. Although some were recalled, and others declined to bomb without visibility, a number did, which hit U.S. positions. Twenty-five were killed and 131 wounded in this incident.
    • The following day, on 25 July, the operation was repeated by 1,800 bombers of 8th Air Force. On this occasion, the weather was clear, but despite requests by First Armycommander Gen. Omar Bradley to bomb east to west, along the front in order to avoid creepback, the air commanders made their attack north to south, over Allied lines. As more and more bombs fell short, and U.S. positions again were hit, 111 were killed and 490 wounded. Lieutenant General Lesley McNair was among the dead, the highest-ranking victim of American friendly fire.
Or is it only ones involving Jews that require special attention.
Oh, poor little Jewish victim. Everyone is out to get you, aren't they. See, the difference here is that when Israel attacked the Liberty, it was deliberate.
Yes it was deliberate. They thought it was Egyptian. I'll take what the Israelis and six US GOVT investigations concluded than the constant braying from you Neo Nazis and IslamoNazis.
Right, because you can trust the government.

It is now established fact that the attack on the Liberty was intentional and was covered up by President Johnson and every administration since. There has never been a congressional investigation, nor has the testimony of the majority of survivors ever been officially taken. Moreover, testimony that conflicted with the cover-up was deleted from the official record.

Disgusted by the US government’s official stance discounting the survivors’ reports, Admiral Tom Moorer, retired Chief of Naval Operations and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, organized the Moorer Commission to make public the known facts about the attack and cover-up. The Commission consisted of Admiral Moorer, former Judge Advocate General of the US Navy Admiral Merlin Staring, Marine Corps General Raymond G. Davis and former US Ambassador to Saudi Arabia James Akins.

The Commission’s Report concluded:

• “That there is compelling evidence that Israel’s attack was a deliberate attempt to destroy an American ship and kill her entire crew.
  • “That fearing conflict with Israel, the White House deliberately prevented the US Navy from coming to the defense of USS Liberty by recalling Sixth Fleet military rescue support while the ship was under attack.
  • “That surviving crew members were threatened with ‘court-martial, imprisonment or worse’ if they exposed the truth; and [the survivors] were abandoned by their own government.
  • “That there has been an official cover-up without precedent in American naval history.
  • “That a danger to our national security exists whenever our elected officials are willing to subordinate American interests to those of any foreign nation.”

Why did Israel attack the Liberty? Was something super secret going on that is so damaging it must be protected at all cost?

Some experts believe Tel Aviv decided to sink the Liberty because the ship’s surveillance capability would discover Israel’s impending invasion and capture of Syria’s Golan Heights, an action opposed by Washington. Others believe Israel was concerned the Liberty would discover Israel’s massacre of hundreds of Egyptian POWs, a war crime contemporaneous with the attack on the US ship. Still others believe that Israel intended to blame the attack on Egypt in order to bring America into the war. I believe it was the latter.

Man this is boring stuff. I don't know how many of these threads I have seen...
Always the same crap, the crew knew that it was deliberate, just becuz, but no one else does*

*except nazis who need a reason to hate Jews.
So, if concluding the attack on the Liberty was deliberate makes one a nazi who hates jews, does that mean concluding America is to blame for the deaths of any jews on the St Louis makes one a bolshevik who hates christians?
Only in your world, my dear do any of those terms mean anything, so I'll leave it to you to determine. :smiliehug:

Man this is boring stuff. I don't know how many of these threads I have seen...
Always the same crap, the crew knew that it was deliberate, just becuz, but no one else does*

*except nazis who need a reason to hate Jews.
So, if concluding the attack on the Liberty was deliberate makes one a nazi who hates jews, does that mean concluding America is to blame for the deaths of any jews on the St Louis makes one a bolshevik who hates christians?
Only in your world, my dear do any of those terms mean anything, so I'll leave it to you to determine. :smiliehug:
In other words, game, set, and match.

Why do you care, Achmed? It was an accident and Israel apologized. You got a problem take it up with your congressman or senator.

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia

Israel apologized for the attack, saying that the USS Liberty had been attacked in error after being mistaken for an Egyptian ship.[6] Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion about the ship's identity,[2] though others, including survivors of the attack, have rejected these conclusions and maintain that the attack was deliberate.[7]

In May 1968, the Israeli government paid = $3.32 million
In 1968, US aid to Israel= $106.5 million

In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3.57 million
In 1969, US aid to Israel = $160.3 million

In December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million
In 1980, US aid to Israel = $5,146 million

as the final settlement
The US never gave Israel a penny until the 6 Day War.
The US then started paying off Israel not to take over the entire ME.
Correct, by the time the US became a close ally, Israel had fought and won all its major wars, including the one where the USS Liberty was accidently hit. The US started supporting Israel because all the Arab nations in the ME had become Soviet satellite states, getting all the latest state of the art weaponry the USSR could produce. And Arafat was virtually a VIP in Moscow at the time. So it was more about the US preserving its own national security interests by having a foothold in the Middle East and not letting the Soviets have it all, than anything else.

But if you ask the Arabs and morons like Nelson, all the wars the Arabs fought and lost, they actually won! Can we get an IDF Akbar?!
Now don't go all Keith Olberman on us here.

The attack on the USS Liberty by Israel was deliberate and intended to pull us into Israel's war with Egypt. Russia has never attacked a US ship that I'm aware of. If we are concerned about national security, we should ally with Russia against Israel.
The attack was deliberate the ship was misidentified, it was in waters it shouldn't have been, keeping an eye on the situation, discreetly, (spying), in a full fledged all out war of seven Arab countries verses one tiny nation of Israel. And Israel still kicked arse.

Now, let's open another 500 threads and rehash the same matter over and over and over.
Israel attacked first in that war and claimed otherwise. Israel committed the war crime of massacring prisoners of war even while they were attacking the Liberty. The Liberty was known to be a US ship. It was in international waters and even surreptitiously feeding Arab communications to the Israelis, which is part of the reason the Israelis thought they could pull off blaming the attack on Egypt. Why can't Jews ever admit they share some blame in this world?

Nobody read that unlinked long violation of board copyright rules, I assure you. Post that garbage from a neo Nazi site a million more times. A million and one is a charmer. :rofl:
Refute a single fact, Jew.
Read your own link, Achmed the Nazi. It was a spy ship in very dangerous waters during an all out war involving Israel's survival. Dumb move. They didn't inform the Israelis in advance, even dumber move, so the Israelis thought it was an Egyptian ship. It doesn't matter if there was an American flag, that was a common trick Arabs used to pull.

And from the thousands of thread you morons have created with false allegations and conspiracies about the USS Liberty, they ended the same as this one, you guys made utter fools of yourselves.
The transcripts show the pilots radioing back that it was an American ship. Jews are the most murderous tribe on the planet. Btw, a Russian ship in the area offered aid. We have the wrong ally.

We know that you Jew haters get a trickle down your pantalones by talking about the USS Liberty for the ten thousandth time. But it still doesn't change the fact still remains that it was a highly investigated incident and Israel was cleared of intentional wrongdoing.

Nobody read that unlinked long violation of board copyright rules, I assure you. Post that garbage from a neo Nazi site a million more times. A million and one is a charmer. :rofl:
Read your own link, Achmed the Nazi. It was a spy ship in very dangerous waters during an all out war involving Israel's survival. Dumb move. They didn't inform the Israelis in advance, even dumber move, so the Israelis thought it was an Egyptian ship. It doesn't matter if there was an American flag, that was a common trick Arabs used to pull.

And from the thousands of thread you morons have created with false allegations and conspiracies about the USS Liberty, they ended the same as this one, you guys made utter fools of yourselves.
The transcripts show the pilots radioing back that it was an American ship. Jews are the most murderous tribe on the planet. Btw, a Russian ship in the area offered aid. We have the wrong ally.
Pretending to be an American ship, tank, or plane was a common Arab tactic.

Here we go, same repetitive drivel, different day, and around and around we go.

Refresh our memory, was it Jews that rammed airplanes into skyscrapers in New York killing 3000, or your coreligionist Muslims?

We know that you Jew haters get a trickle down your pantalones by talking about the USS Liberty for the ten thousandth time. But it still doesn't change the fact still remains that it was a highly investigated incident and Israel was cleared of intentional wrongdoing.
We'll stop talking about it when you Christ-killers own up.

Refresh our memory, was it Jews that rammed airplanes into skyscrapers in New York killing 3000, or your coreligionist Muslims?

No Arab I know of denies Arab complicity in 9-11 (though there may be some fellow Semites who do). But in any case, 9-11 doesn't excuse Israel's attack on the Liberty. Just own up for once. What are you? Some kind of alien who doesn't understand simple human decency?

We'll stop talking about it when you Christ-killers own up.

So if today's Jews are descendants of the ancient Jews who according to you lunatics were "Christ killers" then the Jews in Israel today are indeed in their ancestral, religious, and cultural holyland.

But if you want to keep bringing up the USS Liberty please be my guest, just shows that you guys really have nothing. Just the same old repetitive garbaggio.

No Arab I know of denies Arab complicity in 9-11 (though there may be some fellow Semites who do). But in any case, 9-11 doesn't excuse Israel's attack on the Liberty. Just own up for once. What are you? Some kind of alien who doesn't understand simple human decency?
You know a lot of Arabs, eh?

Just pointing out that you mentioned "Jews are the most murderous cult" forgetting the horrific atrocities committed by Muslims and Christians throughout history. In comparison Jews are actually one of the most peaceful, non violent, people in history.

Just pointing out that you mentioned "Jews are the most murderous cult" forgetting the horrific atrocities committed by Muslims and Christians throughout history. In comparison Jews are actually one of the most peaceful, non violent, people in history.
Hahaha. OK, you go ahead and believe that.

Hahaha. OK, you go ahead and believe that.
Can you list the number of countries or people the Jews have invaded, looted, raped and committed ethnic cleansing on, like Muslims and Christians have throughout history? Go ahead.

Post a single fact.

The Captain of the Liberty thought the attack was intentional. That's in the previous link someone posted.
Of course it was intentional dumbass. It was a case of mistaken identity though.

Hmm...another right winger rushing to Israel's defense. Don't forget to gargle after licking their asses.

Post a single fact.

The Captain of the Liberty thought the attack was intentional. That's in the previous link someone posted.
Of course it was intentional dumbass. It was a case of mistaken identity though.

Hmm...another right winger rushing to Israel's defense. Don't forget to gargle after licking their asses.
Right winger? Ha ha ha. Exactly how do you manage to type while you have an Islamist's cork in your mouth?

U.S. government investigations

The U.S. Naval Court of Inquiry record contains testimony by fourteen Liberty crew members and five subject matter experts; exhibits of attack damage photographs, various messages and memoranda; and findings of fact. The court concluded that the testimony record revealed "a shallow investigation, plagued by myriad disagreements between the captain and his crew".[58] As to culpability, the court said "It was not the responsibility of the court to rule on the culpability of the attackers, and no evidence was heard from the attacking nation", the court concluded that "available evidence combines to indicate ... (that the attack was) a case of mistaken identity." Additionally, the Court found that "heroism displayed by the Commanding Officer, officers and men of the Liberty was exceptional."

Forum List

Back