American Kids Far Behind Slovenia, Vietnam in Science and Math

Yea! But they're American kids ... who needs anything else?

America-the-interesting-feature.jpg

Eight years of O-B-A-M-A.....

This has been a steady decline since about the 70s. Declining school budgets, teacher tenure systems makes it impossible to fire bad teachers,

"Teacher fired after giving zeros to students who didn't turn in assignments"

The latest ranking of top countries in math, reading, and science is out — and the US didn't crack the top 10

58471001ba6eb6d3008b7bf9-750-1038.png

The US is moving towards becoming some sort of religious country like Iran, where learning real stuff is frowned upon and learning made up shit is considered good.

I'm sorry, thats absolutely ridiculous. Churches are pretty much empty today in comparison to 20 years ago and earlier. We are quickly becoming more secular.

That's not exactly what I'm talking about here.

Not everyone in Iran supports the religious state, but they get it anyway. The right is pushing for something like that, where Christianity takes precedence over other religions and where Islam gets outlawed.

With the Supreme Court now being a right wing institution, there's a chance that the religious fanatics will find their job much easier now, regardless of whether people are going to church or not.

This has been a steady decline since about the 70s. Declining school budgets, teacher tenure systems makes it impossible to fire bad teachers,

The latest ranking of top countries in math, reading, and science is out — and the US didn't crack the top 10

The US is moving towards becoming some sort of religious country like Iran, where learning real stuff is frowned upon and learning made up shit is considered good.

I'm sorry, thats absolutely ridiculous. Churches are pretty much empty today in comparison to 20 years ago and earlier. We are quickly becoming more secular.

That's not exactly what I'm talking about here.

Not everyone in Iran supports the religious state, but they get it anyway. The right is pushing for something like that, where Christianity takes precedence over other religions and where Islam gets outlawed.

With the Supreme Court now being a right wing institution, there's a chance that the religious fanatics will find their job much easier now, regardless of whether people are going to church or not.
"The right is pushing for something like that, where Christianity takes precedence over other religions and where Islam gets outlawed."
Frigid, I didn't see that in your original post, but I do now, and agree. And I think there is more than just a chance.

Ha ha Common Core. If you can't write in cursive you can't effectively take notes at a town hall meeting unless you lug your laptop everywhere, if you can afford one. Deliberately designed to remove the tools of citizenship and produce a nation of ignorant slaves.

Be...cause you...can’t...write...in...cursive...?

Just how stupid are you?

I guess your reading skills are equal to those in Lebanon.

Note the footnote: Source: OECD. "China is represented by the provinces of Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu, and Guangdong"

That little tidbit say the survey has an agenda. I guess those Communists working in sweatshops in the other provinces in China did not fare so well.

Now, notice every country ranked higher than the US. What do most all have in common? Small homogenous populations. I guess the chart just shows reading English is harder for kids who speak Spanish in the US. Big surprise to no one with a positive IQ.

Do you also realize that caning students is acceptable punishment in Singapore?

Note the footnote: Source: OECD. "China is represented by the provinces of Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu, and Guangdong"

That little tidbit say the survey has an agenda. I guess those Communists working in sweatshops in the other provinces in China did not fare so well.

The western provinces are essentially like a different country. No comparison. China’s rating on basic literacy in Mandarin would plummet if the western provinces were taken into consideration.

That's what did Islamic countries in in the Middle Ages...at the end of their Golden Age.

Please try again, preferably in English this time.

The western provinces are essentially like a different country. No comparison. China’s rating on basic literacy in Mandarin would plummet if the western provinces were taken into consideration.

Uh, that was my point Captain Obvious!

We stopped teaching our children and Common Cored them instead. A UN inspired, Obama implemented education, complete with Allah is God, and learning Aramaic. It originated in Saudi Arabia. We are actually paying dearly to send our children to indoctrination centers.
Our children are being taught how to protest instead of how to write or add 2+2. They graduate as progressive morons with worthless degrees and in debt for years to come. We need a complete overhaul...

Oh, shut up! Your stupid fantasies do not belong here!

I love bullshit stories like this.
No wonder these countries are know for innovation such as sending H1-Bs to the US.

Uh, that was my point Captain Obvious!

Supporting the claim with first-hand experience.

`
Speaking of US public school education; DeVos’ security detail projected to cost up to $7.7M during the next year - Education Secretary Betsy DeVos' security detail is projected to cost up to $7.74 million from now through the end of September 2019, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service told POLITICO on Tuesday night.

She needs 7.7 million to protect her useless ass.
`

Imagine if someone took her out, what would the US lose? Nothing.

Conservatives are often power people. People who believe power is there to be taken and it's just a race to get as much power and money as possible and fuck everyone else. It's exactly what she's doing. She's not even qualified to be a janitor in a school, let alone in charge of education at the federal level.

`
Speaking of US public school education; DeVos’ security detail projected to cost up to $7.7M during the next year - Education Secretary Betsy DeVos' security detail is projected to cost up to $7.74 million from now through the end of September 2019, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service told POLITICO on Tuesday night.

She needs 7.7 million to protect her useless ass.
`

Maybe if democrats weren't brainless, violent animals that number wouldn't need to be so high.

We stopped teaching our children and Common Cored them instead. A UN inspired, Obama implemented education, complete with Allah is God, and learning Aramaic. It originated in Saudi Arabia. We are actually paying dearly to send our children to indoctrination centers.
Our children are being taught how to protest instead of how to write or add 2+2. They graduate as progressive morons with worthless degrees and in debt for years to come. We need a complete overhaul...

Oh, shut up! Your stupid fantasies do not belong here!

Yeah, you're right. Our kids are #1. It's Singapore and Hong Kong that need to up their game... :eusa_doh:

Ha ha Common Core. If you can't write in cursive you can't effectively take notes at a town hall meeting unless you lug your laptop everywhere, if you can afford one. Deliberately designed to remove the tools of citizenship and produce a nation of ignorant slaves.

Sure, sure. If you can't read and write in cursive surely you're a slave to the state.

IOW I learned to read and write in cursive and by golly so will my grandkids!!!!

Be...cause you...can’t...write...in...cursive...?

Just how stupid are you?

This is seriously how so many people see education.

I did it, so should my grandkids have to do it. That's how much they know and understand about learning. So that's what should be done.

Under that reasoning, we'd still be using chalkboard for each child and they would be wholly computer illiterate. Hey. But some grandparents would be happy I suppose.

So you make math like an Israeli (Jew), read like a Taiwanese (Chinese) and discuss like an Austrian (German) about science. Could be more worse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back