American influence crumbling

When the leaders of the most powerful government in the world, which also happens to be the most democratic and the most peaceful, decide that it is no longer any of our business what the rest of the world..guess what? We cease to matter.

The United States is not "the most peaceful" country in the world.

No nation in all history has ever had as much power as the US and used it less

But it has used it.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with your statement, but it is delusional to think that the US is "the most peaceful nation in the world." America has invaded countries, overthrown governments (including democratically elected ones), and supported brutal dictators that have had no problems killing tens of thousands of their own people. You can make arguments justifying those actions, and you may be right, but you should have no delusions about America's foreign policy.

lmao....japan and germany were in fact hostile for many years afterwards....

oh, not my lifetime so it must not have happened....

Not THAT hostile..I think Germany had a group called the Werewolves, or somesuch, a remnant of the Nazis. But it was relatively peaceful.

Japan almost had its own American dictator in the form of MacArthur....:cool:...and he tried it a second time in Korea!

are you actually claiming that germans and japanese are more civilized than those in iraq or afghanistan? what do you mean by "hostile"......like attacking a military base kamikaze or killing millions.....

admit it...if this had been done 60 years ago.....it would not be the issue it is now....

now.....we worry about "THAT hostile" muslim.................you said it....not me

Even if West Germany and Japan weren't hostile towards us because of all the money we were dumping into them, the next World War was set to be fought in Europe with Germany as ground zero and Japan was a great place to strategic place to leapfrog into east Asia from.

American influence is settling to its natural point. Thanks to geography after that second world war we were left economically intact. Most every other meaningful country this side of Argentina was bombed or had troops fighting through it.

Even if West Germany and Japan weren't hostile towards us because of all the money we were dumping into them, the next World War was set to be fought in Europe with Germany as ground zero and Japan was a great place to strategic place to leapfrog into east Asia from.

Tornado, We could have taken China after we saved her from Japan, but we didn't. If the corrupt politicians had listened to Patton and Macarthur, Many lives lost and battles fought would have been avoided. It's the Politicians and the international bankers who pay them off, that are to blame. It's not The USA alone and her citizens. China turned on us in Korea.

American influence is settling to its natural point. Thanks to geography after that second world war we were left economically intact. Most every other meaningful country this side of Argentina was bombed or had troops fighting through it.

Argentina? Even South America as a whole? WTF are you talking about?

And we were attacked in regards to Geography at Pearl Harbor thanks to FDR's desire to drag us into another internationalist European War! We may not have suffered here in the homeland like Europe, but why should we have? After all, we were defending Europe again? Was not our blood enough? Does it bother you that we didn't suffer more? ~BH

When the leaders of the most powerful government in the world, which also happens to be the most democratic and the most peaceful, decide that it is no longer any of our business what the rest of the world..guess what? We cease to matter.

The United States is not "the most peaceful" country in the world.

No nation in all history has ever had as much power as the US and used it less

Again No, the Chinese Tang, Sung and even Ming dynasties actually had more industrial power (percentage of World production), technological power and even military power and they used it far less.

The corporate fat cats who got rich during the Bush years don't care about America. They are taking over the world and american labor is just too expensive.

But don't worry. We're taking it back. Undoing a lot of what they did the last 8 years. But its hard because now the lobbyists are calling the Democrats and influencing them now.

Wow, you just crazy as hell ain't you?

Not THAT hostile..I think Germany had a group called the Werewolves, or somesuch, a remnant of the Nazis. But it was relatively peaceful.

No it wasn't, it was very violent. However, We wiped them all out in about a year and a half. Basically, we didn't fuck around with fantasies like International Law and just killed them all right where we found them. Trust me, I know. My Grandfather was there, and fighting against his own ancestry.

Japan almost had its own American dictator in the form of MacArthur....:cool:...and he tried it a second time in Korea!

Mac wasn't a dictator, he stood up to the gutless, spineless Politicians just like the kind we have today on both sides. Those fucking Red Chinese killed alot of our Men in Korea after we saved their asses from Japan completely Conquering them. Mac was right, we should have invaded China and killed millions of the bastards for what they did. ~BH

Again no, the Japanese occupation of China was enden by the Red Army during operation August Storm in August 45. It took the reds roughly 2 weeks to kill or capture the one million strong Kwantung army, control a terriotry of the size of western Europe and even get into a position that would allow an ivnasion of Hokaido on the Japanese mainland.
Casulty wise, Red army vs. Imperial Japanese Army was roughly like the Wehrmacht vs. the Army of Poland, the Japanese tried to fight and did so with their usual tenacity but got surrounded, pined down, shelled by combined Strikes of all weapons and summarly destroyed.
Link:
Leavenworth Papers No. 7 (August Storm: The Soviet 1945 Strategic Offensive in Manchuria)

Concerning Germany: Again no, the Werewolfes were a myth, and the Nazis cooperated and were even imbued by the US. The first Cabinet of Adenauer had more Nazis than the first Cabinet of Hitler.
After lets say November 45, denazification only happened in the Soviet Zone.
For the record, the UK kept Wehrmacht units under arms, paid them and trained them in order to use the against the USSR in case of a war.

America is at a serious crossroads right now. We all hear everyday probably the terms "multi-polar" world, but I think some of us understand this new world is the same as the one yesterday, but with a much more diminished role for US intervention abroad.

Bottom line, if there ever was an American empire, it is crumbling. RAPIDLY. Bellow is an article from the Asia Times which points out 6 signs of diminishing American power. In a way I don't think this is all bad, but I do feel America has been a force for good and I worry about a world without American supremacy.

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

Here's a summary of the 6 points, and you tell me if you agree or not:

1. The G-7/G-8 has now officially deferred to the G-20. This demonstrates the rapid rise of the "BRIC" countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China). Jeffrey Sachs is quoted as saying: "The G-20's true significance is not in the passing of a baton from the G-7/G-8 but from the G-1, the US."

2. Americas economic rivals are looking for an alternative to the dollar. Again, the BRIC countries are moving away from the US.

3. Although there is a lot of misleading information about this issue, both Russia and China have rebuffed the US diplomatically regarding Iran. Obama thought he could buy the Russians by nixing the missile shield in Eastern Europe. But he seems to have received little for his rather significant sacrifice.

4. China has gone a step further, and outright developed a DEEP relationship with Iran. This not only shows a dismissal of US interests by China, but also a bypassing of traditional US allies in the Gulf.

5. International support for the war in Afghanistan is very rapidly diminishing. Gordon Brown has only pledged an extra 500 troops and "only if other European nations increase their own military involvement, something he undoubtedly knows is highly unlikely."

6. The bypassing of Chicago by the IOC for the 2016 olympics. The writer notes, "few said so, but in the course of the Olympic decision-making process the US was summarily and pointedly demoted from sole superpower to instant also-ran, a symbolic moment on a planet entering a new age."

What do you think?

I thik America ifluece is goig down because we've allowed our economy to become the plaything of people who are setting out to break the back of the American goverment.

That would be those NEO-Cons you guys all think are all-American patriots, BTW.

No it wasn't, it was very violent. However, We wiped them all out in about a year and a half. Basically, we didn't fuck around with fantasies like International Law and just killed them all right where we found them. Trust me, I know. My Grandfather was there, and fighting against his own ancestry.

Mac wasn't a dictator, he stood up to the gutless, spineless Politicians just like the kind we have today on both sides. Those fucking Red Chinese killed alot of our Men in Korea after we saved their asses from Japan completely Conquering them. Mac was right, we should have invaded China and killed millions of the bastards for what they did. ~BH

Again no, the Japanese occupation of China was enden by the Red Army during operation August Storm in August 45. It took the reds roughly 2 weeks to kill or capture the one million strong Kwantung army, control a terriotry of the size of western Europe and even get into a position that would allow an ivnasion of Hokaido on the Japanese mainland.
Casulty wise, Red army vs. Imperial Japanese Army was roughly like the Wehrmacht vs. the Army of Poland, the Japanese tried to fight and did so with their usual tenacity but got surrounded, pined down, shelled by combined Strikes of all weapons and summarly destroyed.
Link:
Leavenworth Papers No. 7 (August Storm: The Soviet 1945 Strategic Offensive in Manchuria)

I have to say the way the military studies this sort of thing is remarkable. They can go back through history and take lessons from ancient campaigns.

i am still of the mind that we should be less involved in the affairs of other countries.

We have no need to spend the hundreds of billions or even trillions of our taxpayer dollars in foreign countries.

Why do we spend billions keeping troops in other countries when our borders are made of Swiss cheese?

why do we give billions to other countries when our schools suck?

why do we build roads and hospital in other countries when ours are crumbling?

Sorry folks. it is time to put our home first and worry about everyone else later.

Pack up our equipment and troops and put them on our borders. Spend our money on our country first and when our house is in order, then we can think about sending our wealth overseas.

Charity begins at home.

i am still of the mind that we should be less involved in the affairs of other countries.

We have no need to spend the hundreds of billions or even trillions of our taxpayer dollars in foreign countries.

Why do we spend billions keeping troops in other countries when our borders are made of Swiss cheese?

why do we give billions to other countries when our schools suck?

why do we build roads and hospital in other countries when ours are crumbling?

Sorry folks. it is time to put our home first and worry about everyone else later.

Pack up our equipment and troops and put them on our borders. Spend our money on our country first and when our house is in order, then we can think about sending our wealth overseas.

Charity begins at home.

i have been of this mindset for a long time....there are countries out there who dont need our troops there....

If the corrupt politicians had listened to Patton and Macarthur
I disagree here and feel we would have been at war with the Russians if they'd listened to Patton and nuked China if Macarthur had his way. Both were excellent field generals, politicians, we lucked out and picked Eisenhower.

I agree with the bit about "we got attacked too". Yes our shipyard at Pearl Harbor got attacked. My point was Chicago, NY, Los Angeles, everything in between wasn't bombed like France, Japan and Germany. Also Japanese or German soldiers weren't fighting their way back and forth through our country like Russia and China had. I agree its a good think it didn't.

Just if you want to look at something like import/export balance we had an advantage in the years following the war. Not that it has anything to do with the conversation, but like you I'm THRILLED my parents didn't have to go through the equivalent of the Battle of Britain.

We are ALREADY seeig the decline of American hegemony at the IMF, folks.

I love this nation, too, which is exactly why I'd like some of you flagwaving idiots to wake up and smell the impending economic decline.

Free trade is a disaster.

As were tax breaks for billionaires, BOTH wars in Asia we're currently bogged down in, and now the billionaire bankers bailout continues to such the life out of the American economy.

It's ALWAYS about money folks.

Everything else about a nation's power and influence now flows from that.

American power came from having a strog middle class.

Everything we're doing economically seems designed to suck the money out of that class and either give it to the mega-wealthy of this nation or to foreignors' mega-wealthy classes.

Most of youse guys are victims of a class war and yet most of you are so oblivious to it, (you prefer to blame liberals or conservatives as though any of us peasants have any control over the master class!) that you actually support the people who are screwing the nation we both love.

Sad really.

Last edited:
We are ALREADY seeig the decline of American hegemony at thge IMF, folks.

I love this nation, too, which is exactly why I'd like some of you flagwaving idiots to wake up and smell the impending economic decline.

Free trade is a disaster.

As was tax breaks for billionaires, BOTH wars in Asia we're currently bogged down in, and now the billionaire bankers bailout cotinues to such the life out of the American economy.

It's ALWAYS about money folks.

Everything else flows from that.

A ray of sun shine are we this morning?
One day we will wake to the mantra " What's Your's is Your's, What's mine is Your's!" If not Trade What? Chains? Mandates? Bullets? Mass Graves?

I'll stick with "Life, Liberty, Property, and The Pursuit of Happiness." :):):):):)

Forum List

Back