EPA Workers Question Gag order From White House On Cap and Trade

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Meister, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Meister

Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,102
    It seems that the White House doesn't want any monkey wrenches thrown in the spokes of this Cap and Trade agenda that Obama wants to run down our throats.

“Washington, DC — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has ordered two of its attorneys to remove a video they posted on YouTube about problems with climate change legislation backed by the Obama administration or face ‘disciplinary action’, according to documents released today by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER). The couple had received clearance for posting the video but EPA took issue with its content following publication of an op-ed piece by the two in The Washington Post on October 31.

The video, entitled ‘The Huge Mistake’, is by Laurie Williams and Allan Zabel, two EPA enforcement attorneys speaking as private citizens. The video explains why the cap & trade plan endorsed by President Obama will not accomplish its goals, let alone effectively curb climate change. On November 5, 2009, EPA ethics officials ordered the two veteran employees to –

‘Remove your climate change video from You Tube by the close of business on Friday, November 6, 2009’;
    ‘Edit your You Tube video…by:
    (i) Removing the language starting at 1:06 min – ‘Our opinions are based on more than 20 years each working as attorneys at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in the San Francisco Regional Office.’
    (ii) Removing the images of EPA’s building starting at 1:06 min…
    (v) Remove [sic] the language starting at 6:30 min – ‘In my work at EPA, I’ve been overseeing California’s cap-and-trade and offset programs for more than 20 years.’’
    ‘All future requests for approval of an outside writing activity must be accompanied by a draft of the document that is the subject of the approval request…”
    CONTINUE READING…..

From where I sit, global warming is a farce and about certain factions making billions of dollars. If it were not a fraud, then the government would not feel the need to silence Laurie Williams and Allan Zabel.

Think about it.
    Epa Workers Question White House Gag Order On Cap & Trade Opinions « PUMABydesign001's Blog

At this point i would say something to back up my ideals....but this says it all for me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I came across this story as well.

Utter statist BS by leftist politicians and the increasingly centralized government agenda that is attemtping to stomp out ANY and ALL opposition to their goal of Cap and Tax.

Bless those two for having the courage to speak out.

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,779
    It's what a Marxist does!

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,050
  5. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,166
    Cool, it looks like there is no restriciton on talk shows. Paid appearances and a book deal will be worth far more than their jobs.

6. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    This is just another in a long line of stories coming out of the crackdown on free speech at the EPA. I'll see if I can find some of them to link here. I guess it gets more play here since it's a local story in DC, but EPA has been really whipping the employees to keep them from talking out of school about Cap and Tax and the other flat-Earth initiatives coming out of the administration.

7. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    Administrator's Blog

What is Environmental Justice? -- from wiki
    But what does that really mean?

And now this is a PRIORITY of the EPA. Creating equity.

No wonder they want to shut the employees up.

8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784
    I've heard that this Cap and Trade BS won't accomplish anything also. Not when China and Inda are polluting up a storm and have no intention of ruining their economies. Too bad our elected officials have no qualms about ruining ours.

I know one thing it will do. Empty your wallet big time.

9. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,166
    Wee!!! Compact bulbs everywhere with mercury in them. Hello EPA? Please reference mercury in your toxic metals files.

10. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

And they actually want the US taxpayers to pay other countries not to pollute so much.

This kind of insanity would be funny if it was not so damn serious.

We actually have elected officials nodding and smiling to each other like such madness is a good idea...