American Education: Intellectual

Another partisan hack makes the issue about left and right. There is no left or right in math, in grammar, in other langugate arts or in science (though science has been under attack by the right since the days of William Jenningns Bryan and the Scopes Trial).

Typica right wing rhetoric employs blame without any reasonable discussion of cause and effect. And of course the right is never to blame, never wrong in the small minds of CrusaderFrank and Daveboy.

Another partisan hack makes the issue about left and right. There is no left or right in math, in grammar, in other langugate arts or in science (though science has been under attack by the right since the days of William Jenningns Bryan and the Scopes Trial).

Typica right wing rhetoric employs blame without any reasonable discussion of cause and effect. And of course the right is never to blame, never wrong in the small minds of CrusaderFrank and Daveboy.
Cause: Liberal domination of education.

Effect: Johnny can't read, but that's okay, because he FEELS good about himself.

Treat educators like crap and the educational system runs amok.

Why this suprises any of us I do not know.

The left has dominated education for 40+ years.

Own it.

What left?

Seriously, there is no left in this nation.

Unless, as I have no doubt you are doing, you define LEFT as anybody who does not lick the ass of BIG CAPITAL like so many (but not all thanks be to god) of you ignorant conservatives seem be doing.

Educate yourself, kid.

You've been sold a bill of goods about the people who claim to be conservatives that is an insult to the conservative philosophy, generally.

The over the bend-far-left is bitter that even most lefties in the US are not Chomsky-level batshit crazy.

Own it.

What left?

Unless, as I have no doubt you are doing, you define LEFT as anybody who does not lick the ass of BIG CAPITAL like so many (but not all thanks be to god) of you ignorant conservatives seem be doing.

Educate yourself, kid.

You've been sold a bill of goods about the people who claim to be conservatives that is an insult to the conservative philosophy, generally.
Dood, you're not equipped to figure out what you believe, much less anyone else.

Run along now.

Own it.

What left?

Educate yourself, kid.

Note: Daveboy's small mind response simply add evidence to my point; the RW places blames but has not clue as to cause and effect.

seems one does 'projects' in college now......projects? what the hell happened to classic education?

It was boring. Classic means old. Double-entry accounting is 700 years old. Why isn't that required.

How about A Fall of Moondust by Arthur C. Clarke? He talks about Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

Subversive by Reynolds Mack
"Subversive" by Reynolds Mack Free Download. The book is added by K. Havard (Texas) Read online books at OnRead.com.

psik

I went to public school in the Bronx in what should be considered some neo-classic period in public education, I studied Dante in the 7th grade.

The system is sabotaged and I hope to see the day when people, especially inner city families finally realize how Democrats have totally fucked them over for generations.

I went to public school in the Bronx in what should be considered some neo-classic period in public education, I studied Dante in the 7th grade.

The system is sabotaged and I hope to see the day when people, especially inner city families finally realize how Democrats have totally fucked them over for generations.

What would you have done in 4th grade if teachers had given you 1 or 2 books a month to read and said you didn't have to read them only if you wanted to.

What I found weird in grade school was that I could learn more important and interesting things in 3 days reading a sci-fi book than in 3 months of regular school but I wasn't tested on what I read on my own. My perspective of reality became completely different from what the nuns were peddling.

psik

Own it.

What left?

Educate yourself, kid.

Note: Daveboy's small mind response simply add evidence to my point; the RW places blames but has not clue as to cause and effect.
You sure do lie a lot.

Cause: Liberal domination of education.

Effect: Johnny can't read, but that's okay, because he FEELS good about himself.

The failure of public education, which has trickled up to higher education, is the greatest tragedy of the USA, by far.
It has not failed for those who want passive and self-denying employees. This is all by design. Their claims about caring for future hide the ulterior motive of Easy Money.

The failure of public education, which has trickled up to higher education, is the greatest tragedy of the USA, by far.

Absolutely.

It's one of the greatest American ripoffs too. How much of our tax dollars do we sink into education and our kids can't read,write and do basic math? Just attempt to read any teens facebook page and you'll see what I mean. To cover up the crap education our kids are getting they dumb down the curriculum so kids pass easier. No Child left behind has only made the problem worse as educators will do just about anything to pass children who shouldn't be passed. We need to stop teaching a smorgasbord and concentrate the curriculum on the more important basics. Parents also need to crack down on thier kids. Some of the crap that goes on in the class room is insane. Parents, it's not the teachers job to do your job for you.
Think of one of the few productive teachers, the basketball coach. Does he merely demonstrate a layup, immediately assign it as homework, and then blame the parents for not making sure their kids do it? Teachers should imitate real coaches and drill their students until they get it right. Homework is an evasion of their responsibility.

seems one does 'projects' in college now......projects? what the hell happened to classic education?

i think the headline was a bit much however but then again frank is a republican and its go to horror or go home with them...and i will be glad when this bunch of losers goes home....

only 8 votes or so separate the mormon and the fucking loon

What Mormon are they separating you from?

It was boring. Classic means old. Double-entry accounting is 700 years old. Why isn't that required.

How about A Fall of Moondust by Arthur C. Clarke? He talks about Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

Subversive by Reynolds Mack
"Subversive" by Reynolds Mack Free Download. The book is added by K. Havard (Texas) Read online books at OnRead.com.

psik

Wow! Did you read that? You must be smart! You didn't read that when you were a school boy blowing off your classes, did you? Only a real child genius would do something like that and repeatedly 'boast' about it on the internet.

:eusa_clap:

Last edited:

What would you have done in 4th grade if teachers had given you 1 or 2 books a month to read and said you didn't have to read them only if you wanted to.

What I found weird in grade school was that I could learn more important and interesting things in 3 days reading a sci-fi book than in 3 months of regular school but I wasn't tested on what I read on my own. My perspective of reality became completely different from what the nuns were peddling.

psik

Gosh, what a brilliant and unorthodox thinker you must have been even at that early age! What a child prodigy! We should all stop and admire the lazy little kid with attention deficit disorder and no discipline that you were.

Absolutely.

It's one of the greatest American ripoffs too. How much of our tax dollars do we sink into education and our kids can't read,write and do basic math? Just attempt to read any teens facebook page and you'll see what I mean. To cover up the crap education our kids are getting they dumb down the curriculum so kids pass easier. No Child left behind has only made the problem worse as educators will do just about anything to pass children who shouldn't be passed. We need to stop teaching a smorgasbord and concentrate the curriculum on the more important basics. Parents also need to crack down on thier kids. Some of the crap that goes on in the class room is insane. Parents, it's not the teachers job to do your job for you.
Think of one of the few productive teachers, the basketball coach. Does he merely demonstrate a layup, immediately assign it as homework, and then blame the parents for not making sure their kids do it? Teachers should imitate real coaches and drill their students until they get it right. Homework is an evasion of their responsibility.

If kids don't do anything for their game but attend practice then they will NOT get much better. The kids who excel are the ones who go home and work out more on their own; who lift, who run, who shoot free-throws a thousand times a day on their own, who watch film of the greats - not for entertainment but for technique, who take care of their bodies and don't let loser friends drag them down. In competition, natural talent and hard work WIN. Just making it through practice alone won't cut it and that's not the coach's fault.

If kids don't do anything for their game but attend practice then they will NOT get much better. The kids who excel are the ones who go home and work out more on their own; who lift, who run, who shoot free-throws a thousand times a day on their own, who watch film of the greats - not for entertainment but for technique, who take care of their bodies and don't let loser friends drag them down. In competition, natural talent and hard work WIN. Just making it through practice alone won't cut it and that's not the coach's fault.

So our goal in life should be to become obsessive workoholics in order to make the rich richer? All work and no play makes Johnny a brown-nosing wimp. But I'm sure his Mommy is proud of his success.

Forum List

Back