American Couple Believing 'Evil Is A Make-Believe Concept' Bike Through ISIS Territory. End up Dead

Pogo is a liar. But we all know that: "...Despite what the news would have you believe, the world is a really wonderful, caring place, and stories of kidnapped travelers or mauled cyclists are the rare exception"....Questions and answers about our trip

Another dishonest HACK --- apparently they travel in pairs --- running away from her own post.

Let's run those words again, since she cut them out:

How anyone could even remotely think that ISIS would want to be friends is brain dead.

---- where the fuck does your link even mention "ISIS" at all, let alone "want to be friends"?

Exactly. They never even brought it up; you pulled it out of your ass. Here in fact is the only place "ISIS" is mentioned on the page at all, and it's from a commenter after their deaths:

>>
  1. Tajikistan is not ISIS held territory
  2. There is little in this blog that would allow someone to target them effectively (their posts were made AFTER they left a destination), and there is nothing I can see in their blog to show that they were out to prove anything (see quote below, along with link to their blog). Apparently they just wanted to travel the world on bicycles.
  3. They were just two of about a half a million international tourists who visit Tajikistan each year.
May their families and friends find strength and peace, I am truly sorry for their loss. <<​

That's it.

So you're a liar too. But don't let that stop you from dancing on their graves to make political points on a message board if that's all your pathetic excuse for a life can come up with.

See that? I whupped your ass and there's nothing you can do about it except click "funny". Pathetic.

This thread is basically a herd of dystopian jackalopes all butthurt that they can't pull everybody into your dank hole of horror-movie-land where they live so you have to make up bullshit characterizations for which there's no evidence (the same couple's same trip took them through east Africa, Morocco and Turkey) because you just can't stand the fact that somebody out there doesn't share in your wallowing. So then you waddle in here to mock victims, which tells us volumes about your character.

Dishonesty is de rigeur for Dystopians.
You already had your ass handed to you with the LIE the biker never claimed evil does not exist. You a masochist?

I didn't say that.

Go ahead --- try to quote me.

Do none of you motherfuckers know how to read or what?
Yep. You’re a masochist.

Sorry Nihilists. Once again you were duped by a fake headline. Proving once again why actually reading beyond that headline keeps you out of trouble in Duh Bubble. "Because it feels good" is not sufficient reason to just gulp this shit down without reading ingredient labels.

Pogo is a liar. But we all know that: "...Despite what the news would have you believe, the world is a really wonderful, caring place, and stories of kidnapped travelers or mauled cyclists are the rare exception"....Questions and answers about our trip

Another dishonest HACK --- apparently they travel in pairs --- running away from her own post.

How anyone could even remotely think that ISIS would want to be friends is brain dead.

---- where the fuck does your link even mention "ISIS" at all, let alone "want to be friends"?

Exactly. They never even brought it up; you pulled it out of your ass. Here in fact is the only place "ISIS" is mentioned on the page at all, and it's from a commenter after their deaths:

>>
  2. There is little in this blog that would allow someone to target them effectively (their posts were made AFTER they left a destination), and there is nothing I can see in their blog to show that they were out to prove anything (see quote below, along with link to their blog). Apparently they just wanted to travel the world on bicycles.
  3. They were just two of about a half a million international tourists who visit Tajikistan each year.
May their families and friends find strength and peace, I am truly sorry for their loss. <<​

That's it.

So you're a liar too. But don't let that stop you from dancing on their graves to make political points on a message board if that's all your pathetic excuse for a life can come up with.

See that? I whupped your ass and there's nothing you can do about it except click "funny". Pathetic.

This thread is basically a herd of dystopian jackalopes all butthurt that they can't pull everybody into your dank hole of horror-movie-land where they live so you have to make up bullshit characterizations for which there's no evidence (the same couple's same trip took them through east Africa, Morocco and Turkey) because you just can't stand the fact that somebody out there doesn't share in your wallowing. So then you waddle in here to mock victims, which tells us volumes about your character.

You already had your ass handed to you with the LIE the biker never claimed evil does not exist. You a masochist?

I didn't say that.

Yep. You’re a masochist.

Sorry Nihilists. Once again you were duped by a fake headline. Proving once again why actually reading beyond that headline keeps you out of trouble in Duh Bubble. "Because it feels good" is not sufficient reason to just gulp this shit down without reading ingredient labels.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane, but what I actually mean is quote me saying what you claimed --- not just quote me saying anything.

Nice try and very funny and shit but --- no cigar.

>>

That's it.

I didn't say that.

Yep. You’re a masochist.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane, but what I actually mean is quote me saying what you claimed --- not just quote me saying anything.

Spin boy, SPIN!

I didn't say that.

Yep. You’re a masochist.

Spin boy, SPIN!

OK I gave you a Funny. Happy now?

I didn't say that.

Yep. You’re a masochist.

Spin boy, SPIN!

OK I gave you a Funny. Happy now?
Troll Boy, you’re too easy. You bore me.

>>

That's it.

I think it's safe to say that there's certain places in Tajikistan you dont want to ride your bike, and theres certain places in the US you probably dont want to ride your bike either.

Just curious...since progressivism “died” in 1920, was it buried or cremated? Who attended his (her?) funeral? And why is Hitlery Clinton claiming to be it? :laugh:

You'd have to ask her. I don't speak for other people and I don't hold Hillary Clinton as a political scientist. If you do, that could be part of your problem.

As far as the era ---- you already got that and it's not going away even when you go :lalala:

Doesn't work that way.

Take yourself for example. Please. The actual Nazi Party no longer exists, yet here you are using its propaganda methods.

American Couple Believing 'Evil Is A Make-Believe Concept' Bike Through ISIS Territory. ISIS Stabs Them To Death.

American Couple Believing 'Evil Is A Make-Believe Concept' Bike Through ISIS Territory. ISIS Stabs Them To Death.

Once again the Left outdo The Onion.

I understand where these crazy kids were coming from. I was there once, once upon a time a few decades ago, young, naïve, wanting to change the world by proving to those who claimed to know better, that all peoples and cultures and ideologies could be reasoned with and coexist in peace. At 14 I lived for a year in Jamaica with the Methodist Church. At 15 and 16 I spent several months each, also through the Church, living in Bolivia and then Nigeria. While we obviously survived, the experiences good and bad only served to make me want to do more missionary work in dangerous Third World regions. Then, I joined the military and experienced the world outside our borders from the perspective of a different kind of tourist.

In my opinion their deaths are a great tragedy, and yet there truly is no one to blame but themselves for their violent deaths. If I have repeatedly learned one life lesson it is to never put your imminent fate in the hands of others without much forethought. Human nature, unfortunately, is such that you just cannot depend on the whims of others for mercy.

R.I.P.

I understand where these crazy kids were coming from. I was there once, once upon a time a few decades ago, young, naïve, wanting to change the world by proving to those who claimed to know better, that all peoples and cultures and ideologies could be reasoned with and coexist in peace. At 14 I lived for a year in Jamaica with the Methodist Church. At 15 and 16 I spent several months each, also through the Church, living in Bolivia and then Nigeria. While we obviously survived, the experiences good and bad only served to make me want to do more missionary work in dangerous Third World regions. Then, I joined the military and experienced the world outside our borders from the perspective of a different kind of tourist.

In my opinion their deaths are a great tragedy, and yet there truly is no one to blame but themselves for their violent deaths. If I have repeatedly learned one life lesson it is to never put your imminent fate in the hands of others without much forethought. Human nature, unfortunately, is such that you just cannot depend on the whims of others for mercy.

R.I.P.

Really.

So you're unable to blame the actual murderers? What, just forget about them?

DAY-yum.

R.I.P.

Really.

DAY-yum.
They were like Jews volunteering to jog through Auschwitz.

R.I.P.

Really.

DAY-yum.

uh HUH.

Background on Tajikistan then, everything you know. Aaaand GO.

Last edited:

R.I.P.

Really.

DAY-yum.

uh HUH.

Background on Tajikstan then, everything you know. Aaaand GO.
Don't go biking there. :)

Whelp --- those who actually have a background don't agree at all. See the penultimate paragraph.

>> Discussions about the attack on news and social media websites quickly turned into impassioned debates about whether the American couple was naive for traveling in Tajikistan. A typical comment on a Washington Post article read: "Their deaths are senseless and tragic, but could have been avoided if they had used more judgment in planning their travel itinerary. Prayers for the families."

Experts on the region, however, reject the idea that the Americans were naive. "Central Asia generally is fairly safe," said Paul Stronski, a senior fellow in the Russia and Eurasia program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. "This is a region where the countries are very strong security and police states, so we have not seen the same sorts of large-scale terrorist attacks" as in other regions of the world. Tajikistan is one of five neighboring former Soviet republics - the others are Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan.

.... In Tajikistan, they met up with other cyclists eager to take on the Pamir Highway, which traverses a stunning mountain range known as "the roof of the world"; a 2017 article in the British newspaper the Telegraph called it "an adventurous traveler's dream." The U.S. travel advisory for Tajikistan on July 29, according to a State Department official, was at Level 1, the lowest, which means Americans traveling in the country should "exercise normal precautions." (On Aug. 3, the advisory was raised to Level 2: "Exercise increased caution.")

... He and other experts think that the attack was most likely carried out by grass-roots Islamic State sympathizers, and they say that by pointing a finger at the Islamic Renaissance Party, the Tajik government is trying to play down the Islamic State threat and is seizing an opportunity to crack down on opposition groups. None of the experts said they thought the couple should not have been in Tajikistan or that the attack means Americans should now avoid the country.

"I would have no problem telling close friends to go to Central Asia," Stronski said.

... Dermot MacWard, the owner of Britain-based Redspokes Adventure Tours, which has been running bicycle tours along the Pamir Highway since 2008, said the company decided not to suspend its Tajik rides after he consulted with his partners there and with the British Consulate in the country's capital, Dushanbe.

"As there has been an increase in security checks along the road from Dushanbe to Khorog and the Pamir region is generally considered safe we were reassured that it was safe to continue with the tour," he wrote in an email. "In our group of 18, two people decided to withdraw following 29 July, the other 16 remained keen to continue with the trip." << --- Chicago Tribune

Whelp --- those who actually have a background don't agree at all. See the penultimate paragraph.

>> Discussions about the attack on news and social media websites quickly turned into impassioned debates about whether the American couple was naive for traveling in Tajikistan. A typical comment on a Washington Post article read: "Their deaths are senseless and tragic, but could have been avoided if they had used more judgment in planning their travel itinerary. Prayers for the families."

Experts on the region, however, reject the idea that the Americans were naive. "Central Asia generally is fairly safe," said Paul Stronski, a senior fellow in the Russia and Eurasia program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. "This is a region where the countries are very strong security and police states, so we have not seen the same sorts of large-scale terrorist attacks" as in other regions of the world. Tajikistan is one of five neighboring former Soviet republics - the others are Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan.

.... In Tajikistan, they met up with other cyclists eager to take on the Pamir Highway, which traverses a stunning mountain range known as "the roof of the world"; a 2017 article in the British newspaper the Telegraph called it "an adventurous traveler's dream." The U.S. travel advisory for Tajikistan on July 29, according to a State Department official, was at Level 1, the lowest, which means Americans traveling in the country should "exercise normal precautions." (On Aug. 3, the advisory was raised to Level 2: "Exercise increased caution.")

... He and other experts think that the attack was most likely carried out by grass-roots Islamic State sympathizers, and they say that by pointing a finger at the Islamic Renaissance Party, the Tajik government is trying to play down the Islamic State threat and is seizing an opportunity to crack down on opposition groups. None of the experts said they thought the couple should not have been in Tajikistan or that the attack means Americans should now avoid the country.

"I would have no problem telling close friends to go to Central Asia," Stronski said.

... Dermot MacWard, the owner of Britain-based Redspokes Adventure Tours, which has been running bicycle tours along the Pamir Highway since 2008, said the company decided not to suspend its Tajik rides after he consulted with his partners there and with the British Consulate in the country's capital, Dushanbe.

"As there has been an increase in security checks along the road from Dushanbe to Khorog and the Pamir region is generally considered safe we were reassured that it was safe to continue with the tour," he wrote in an email. "In our group of 18, two people decided to withdraw following 29 July, the other 16 remained keen to continue with the trip." << --- Chicago Tribune
By all means, pedal through.

But you're gonna need a bigger bike.

R.I.P.

Really.

DAY-yum.

Murderers are murderers. Be they killing in the name of whatever God or ideology--or emotion, they speak with the razor sharp, often double edged swords of blood justification and fanaticism. The preparedness of the receiving flesh makes as little difference as the intent wearing it. Of course, no one will or should forgive their killers but the killer's culture will help them live easily enough with the act. The slain couple on the other hand, ought to have read a better guidebook before paddling so far from known shores.

Under the Radar: Tajikistan on track to be the next Afghanistan | GRI

R.I.P.

Really.

DAY-yum.

Murderers are murderers. Be they killing in the name of whatever God or ideology--or emotion, they speak with the razor sharp, often double edged swords of blood justification and fanaticism. The preparedness of the receiving flesh makes as little difference as the intent wearing it. Of course, no one will or should forgive their killers but the killer's culture will help them live easily enough with the act. The slain couple on the other hand, ought to have read a better guidebook before paddling so far from known shores.

Under the Radar: Tajikistan on track to be the next Afghanistan | GRI

Uh HUH.

Try reading post 417.

Forum List

Back