America, The Stupid

There was a picture in the paper of a Tea Party rally the other day and 75% at least were over 60.

With what has been said about Medicare and SS, you'd have to be deaf, ignorant or both to still think they are on the right track to stop all spending.

Your guesses are inaccurate. TEA Party demographics are close to those of the nation as a whole.

Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

uesnctifn0gwizq_z7zmzq.gif

They weren't in the overhead picture of the crowd pictured in a local paper..

Ever try to have a discussion with a Tea Party member?

I'm a member. Let's try to have a discussion. I'm sure liberalism is stupid and it's easily proven. Please start by trying to say something intelligent in support of liberalism. Thanks

Ever try to have a discussion with a Tea Party member?

I'm a member. Let's try to have a discussion. I'm sure liberalism is stupid and it's easily proven. Please start by trying to say something intelligent in support of liberalism. Thanks

It is nice to see this thread still creating some dialogue. I do not personally know a single person who claims tea party membership? I guess most people are either working or too busy to be involved with a group formed after the 2008 election loss. If you notice the tea party caucus does not have a presence at the RNC. All the real nuts have been excluded, that has to tell you something.

"If history teaches us anything about politics it is this: Given enough time, liberals always win. The US was forged in liberalism, and has become more liberal with each generation. The leftward movement has seldom been smooth or consistent, but it has been unstoppable." Keith A. Pickering

If you doubt the above consider: DADT, ACA, and the unconstitutionality of DOMA.

The US was forged in liberalism,.

if so then liberals who stood for very very limited government. Who knew some liberals stood for that.

I guess our liberals spied for Stalin and gave him the bomb because Uncle Joe was liberal too??

Last edited:
Who ever said america was a "smart" country? I don't believe it ever was. No dumber, no smarter than any other country. As far as education, teachers are the scapegoat. You get out of it what you put in. Its the parents that need to look themselves right in the mirror.

Who ever said america was a "smart" country? I don't believe it ever was. No dumber, no smarter than any other country.

too stupid!!! we used to have the highest percent of college grads!!!!

As far as education, teachers are the scapegoat. You get out of it what you put in. Its the parents that need to look themselves right in the mirror.

too stupid but perfectly liberal!! Is that your actionable policy??? Parents must look themselves right in the eye!!

An actionable policy is to make liberal thug unions illegal again!! and let parents shop with vouchers for schools!! Then you'd have some incentive to get our kids off the bottom of the educational heap!!!

'The South has decided to be defeated and dumb'

Nowhere is the power of propaganda more pronounced than in the South, but what is the source or the reason for the prop? The other day Rand Paul is talking about losing our freedom because WMDs, aka assault weapons, would be regulated. Listening to this man I could not help but think how stupid he was - or how stupid his constituents were for voting in so stupid a person. Is it any wonder the statistics in the article below about the South are what they are? How do we educate people whose level of knowledge is guided by a fundamentalism so rigid they would find the 15th century home?

"But the current South is willing to cut off its own nose to show contempt for the government. Governor Rick Scott of Florida turned down more than $2 billion in federal funds for a high-speed rail system in Florida that would have created jobs and millions of dollars in revenues, just to show he was independent of the hated federal government. In this mood, his forebears would have turned down TVA. People across the South are going even farther than Scott, begging to secede again from the Union. Packer notes that the tea is cooling in parties across the rest of the nation, but seems to be fermenting to a more toxic brew in the South. No one needs better health care more than the South, but it fights it off so long as Obama is offering it, its governors turning down funds for Medicaid. This is a region that rejects sex education, though its rate of teenage pregnancies is double and in places triple that of New England. It fights federal help with education, preferring to inoculate its children against science by denying evolution.

No part of the country will suffer the effects of global warming earlier or with more devastation than the South, yet its politicians resist measures to curb carbon emissions and deny the very existence of climate change—sending it to the dungeon with evolution and biblical errancy. One doesn’t need much imagination to see the South with lowered or swollen waters in its rivers and ports, raging kudzu, swarming mosquitos [sic], and record-breaking high temperatures, still telling itself that global-warming talk is just a liberal conspiracy. But it just digs deeper in denial. The South has decided to be defeated and dumb."

Dumb America by Garry Wills | NYRblog | The New York Review of Books

'The South has decided to be defeated and dumb'

Nowhere is the power of propaganda more pronounced than in the South, but what is the source or the reason for the prop? The other day Rand Paul is talking about losing our freedom because WMDs, aka assault weapons, would be regulated. Listening to this man I could not help but think how stupid he was - or how stupid his constituents were for voting in so stupid a person.
He's not nearly as stupid as some hyperemotional dumbass who claims that semi-automatic rifles are weapons of mass destruction.

midcan5: Listening to this man I could not help but think how stupid he was - or how stupid his constituents were for voting in so stupid a person.

exactly what's stupid about wanting guns to protect ourselves from liberal government?? Did you think our Founders gave us the Second Amendment so we could hunt deer?? Do all liberals hate the basic principles of America???

It's not just me or Garry Wills who wrote the OP quoted above.

"Haley Barbour: GOP's 'Stupid' And 'Offensive' Comments Damage Entire Party's Brand'
"When you consider what two Senate candidates ... the comments that they made were stupid comments, offensive comments, and in today's world, when a candidate says something, the negative effect of that can spill over to lots of other candidates," Barbour said on CBS' "This Morning."

midcan5: Listening to this man I could not help but think how stupid he was - or how stupid his constituents were for voting in so stupid a person.

exactly what's stupid about wanting guns to protect ourselves from liberal government?? Did you think our Founders gave us the Second Amendment so we could hunt deer?? Do all liberals hate the basic principles of America???

Edward, I hope you are ten or twelve as if you think guns would ever protect you from our military might you are off your rocker. And personally we do not have a 'liberal' government, whatever that might be in your mind, if we had one we would all live in an even nicer America. Given our political system, we will never have any government that is one party or ideology. And the 2nd was to protect the state and has nothing to do with hunters or insurrection.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state." “The Most Mysterious Right,” National Review article

I cant imagine calling Coulter or Limbaugh stupid. wrong maybe but not stupid. I cant think of any liberal talking heads that would look forward to debating either of them. usually libs just make a quick dump of prepared insults and then head to the hill before they get slashed to threads.

Beck on the other hand.....

I would relish a debate with Coulter. I can attest that she is, indeed, stupid (and wrong).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg7IhR0ccgo]Ann Coulter Gets Owned - YouTube[/ame]

I would relish a debate with Coulter. I can attest that she is, indeed, stupid (and wrong).

actually she's a conservative in the tradition of Aristotle Locke Jefferson Friedman Nosick so how could an illiterate liberal debate her?? Liberalism has no intellectual basis, it's purely reactive ignorance.

Its easy enough to prove too! Just ask a liberal to say something substantive in defense of liberalism!!

Edward, I hope you are ten or twelve as if you think guns would ever protect you from our military might you are off your rocker.

too stupid!! have you ever heard of guerilla war?? The American Revolution, Vietnam, Afghanistan Iraq??

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow, so very very slow??

if we had one[a liberal America] we would all live in an even nicer America.

Let's see, FDR gave us pure liberalism- ten years of Depression and 5 years of world war. LBJ gave us his near genocode against blacks, and now BO is giving us 4-8 years of depression. Liberals really were held back here though so they spied for Stalin while he was slowly starving 50 millin to death in a great liberal effort to be nice to them!!

See how stupid liberalism is??

Forum List

Back