America, The Stupid

the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

actually many millions over the centuries have looked at the second amendment and guess what, the people still have the right to bear arms.

This is because the Amendment which was designed like the other Amendments to protect us from deadly liberals said, "the right of the PEOPLE to bear arms", not the right of the militia to be armed.

See why we say slow?????????????????/

With CPAC coming soon, and Sarah an invitee, I thought this quote funny. Of course someone will write her cpac talk, but it's still fun to listen. I wonder if my comments below still hold? :lol:

Comments: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/207488-cpac.html

"Sarah Palin's extended genius at playing this game makes her a democratic phenomenon of a particular postmodern sort: the mangled English, the flat contradictions, the complaints of 'gotcha' questions from the 'lamestream' media, the post of aggrieved outsider-all lend her campaigns the status of performance art. "Washington was stunned by the emergence of this feisty outsider from the North," one columnist noted. "For decades, political leaders had seduced voters with their fancy talk and pretty words. But Palin refused to be a slave to oratory or grandiloquence or basic syntax. She liberated the English language from the rigid orthodoxy of meaning, because in America even words should have freedom: the freedom to appear wherever they'd like, almost as if emerging by chance or random draw." A sample: "My concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur," Palin once said, "and the relevance to me with that issue as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent." As the columnist concluded: "Words truer been have spoken never." (Scott Feschuk, "Sarah Palin's no slave to syntax,"" Maclean's (16 October 2009).) Footnote: Mark Kingwell's 'Unruly Voices' p129

With CPAC coming soon, and Sarah an invitee, I thought this quote funny. Of course someone will write her cpac talk, but it's still fun to listen. I wonder if my comments below still hold? :lol:

Comments: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/207488-cpac.html

"Sarah Palin's extended genius at playing this game makes her a democratic phenomenon of a particular postmodern sort: the mangled English, the flat contradictions, the complaints of 'gotcha' questions from the 'lamestream' media, the post of aggrieved outsider-all lend her campaigns the status of performance art.

"Washington was stunned by the emergence of this feisty outsider from the North," one columnist noted. "For decades, political leaders had seduced voters with their fancy talk and pretty words. But Palin refused to be a slave to oratory or grandiloquence or basic syntax.

She liberated the English language from the rigid orthodoxy of meaning, because in America even words should have freedom: the freedom to appear wherever they'd like, almost as if emerging by chance or random draw."

A sample: "My concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur," Palin once said, "and the relevance to me with that issue as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent."

As the columnist concluded: "Words truer been have spoken never." (Scott Feschuk, "Sarah Palin's no slave to syntax,"" Maclean's (16 October 2009).) Footnote: Mark Kingwell's 'Unruly Voices' p129

Sarah and the English language
:whip:

America is becoming stupid because the ideas of fools are taken serious,

Taken seriously,

The word Serious is an adjective.

When modifying the verb "are taken," seriously is an adverb.

America is becoming stupid because the ideas of liberals are taken seriously.

America was very intelligent because it took the ideas of our very conservative, libertarian founders very seriously.

Liberals are, in effect, treasonous which explains why they spied for Stalin and gave him the A-bomb, and why Obama voted to the left of Bernie Sanders.

Last edited:
American students are not the dumbest in the world. This not true regardless of how often it is repeated.
The top American students do better than top students in the rest of the world (58 countries), and 25% of the TOP scoring students on the PISA are American students.
The problem with comparing US schools test results to those of other countries is that the US averages two totally different sets of results. There is an enormous gap (the highest of all countries) between US top performers and our bottom performers. As one might expect, when we see a mean, the result is just "average."
As Baiamonte said, it would be "stupid" to attribute all of the blame for the test results of impoverished students attending ghetto schools with limited books, technology and other resources (even soap and toilet paper in Detroit) solely on teachers or their unions when the problem is so complex. These lowest scoring students face inherent social problems and obstacles to success including gang and crime ridden neighborhoods, lack of English proficiency, lack of parental supervision and involvement, minimal community value of education, homes and neighborhoods without educational resources, frequent family moves, teen pregnancy, ubiquitous drug use, truancy, and a lack of high achieving role models Which ALL counter the best efforts of school staff.

Last edited:
ALL counter the best efforts of school staff.

another liberal making excuses for our liberal status quo schools turning out about he dumbest kids in the civilized world.

Good schools merely counter all the things you say counter the best efforts of school staff.

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow??

Edward, I'm sorry to say that I can't agree with your premise. American kids are not the "dumbest kids in the civilized world.

What creates that false impressionis the fact that we allow each and every student to test while other natons only test their top 40%.

When the House went tea party republican, stupidity attained a new level of stupid.

why??? The Tea Party is for limited government just as our Founders were? Does the liberal really think our Founders were stupid???

Our Founding Fathers created an oligarchy. They certainly did believe in limited government.
"Of course, at the time this new nation was established, there was still a whole lot of "taxation without representation" going on. In fact, since voting was restricted to men of a certain age who also happened to be landowners and/or whose total wealth equaled a specific amount, the voting pool was really pretty small. Younger men couldn't vote; men of whatever age who didn't meet the landowner and/or wealth requirements couldn't vote; men of color, many of whom were slaves, couldn't vote; and, of course, women (no matter their age, wealth, ethnicity, or whatever) couldn't vote - even though all of these groups were required to pay taxes and even though members of all of these groups had fought for, suffered for, and died for the independence of their new nation."
The Oligarchy of the United States of America

Edward, I'm sorry to say that I can't agree with your premise. American kids are not the "dumbest kids in the civilized world.

What creates that false impressionis the fact that we allow each and every student to test while other natons only test their top 40%.

too stupid and 100% liberal!!! As if the Ph.d scientists who do the international testing and comparisons don't know to take all known variables into account to get accurate comparisons!!!!!

America is becoming stupid because the ideas of fools are taken serious,

Taken seriously,

America was very intelligent because it took the ideas of our very conservative, libertarian founders very seriously.

Liberals are, in effect, treasonous which explains why they spied for Stalin and gave him the A-bomb, and why Obama voted to the left of Bernie Sanders.

I'm seriously not a big fan of the dangling modifier.

Midcan5 you're right about one thing and that the general population of this country is growing really stupid.

<<<sigh>>>>

:eusa_eh:

Midcan5 you're right about one thing which is the general population of this country is growing really stupid.

:doubt:

Last edited:
Taken seriously,

I'm seriously not a big fan of the dangling modifier.

too stupid and 100% liberal!!! As if the Ph.d scientists who do the international testing and comparisons don't know to take all known variables into account to get accurate comparisons!!!!!

Feel free to explain how that fact is "taken into account" and then prove it.

Forum List

Back