America, The Stupid

On USMB the other day a fake commencement address by a right wing talking head is praised as the best ever. Since I know many teachers, and the work they do, and the difficulties they face in a society in which only money and sports are worshipped, I took umbrage with such nonsense.

I knew this entire thread was going to be based on something really stupid when I saw the title and author, and this paragraph confirmed it. Tell me something, if this society only worships money and sports, how do you explain Kim Kardashian?

My solution to the buffoon's 'libelous'* speech - I am not sure what word to use when someone who earns their living talking shit all day criticizes people who actually contribute to society - was the old fashioned one, a good punch in the mouth followed by a toss off the stage. How else could you rationally debate a total jackass.

If I ever figure it out I will let you know by using the technique on you. Until them I will mock you whenever you catch my attention.

I was raised in a world in which the teacher was in charge in the classroom and the student listened. Today in America every moron, with equally moronic parents, is not only right, but the teachers wrong. And then when asked why our students do so poorly, the teachers are blamed. Imagine if little Joanie studied instead of texting and kicking a ball all evening?

You were raised in communist Russia? That explains a lot, because the simple truth is that, in the US, parents have always had a say in their children's education. Y9ou cannot point to a time in our history where that was not true, and a I challenge you to prove me wrong.

America is becoming stupid because the ideas of fools are taken serious, consider Fox as an example, its listeners know nothing about the world, or consider Rush Limbaugh's nonsense, then there is Coulter, Savage, Beck, Hannity, et al, can anyone think of dumber media personalities? Lots out there. Big money fools support the stupid because the stupid say and write and print what the big money fools want them to say. Consider the revisionist stupidity from Jonah Goldberg? Seriously, are these fools the best the conservatives can bring to the table today?

They certainly are not, but they are more than smart enough to deal with you and the people like you.

Liberals today need to call a spade a spade, stupidity is sponsored by the wealthy stupid, and the greedy stupid, and the ideological stupid, stupidity has gone on too long. Every fool gets a Koch, Simmons, Perry, Murdoch et al soapbox when the fool argues against the American values that made this country great, so it time we too call stupid stupid. Unapologetic, I have to say anyone who praises Neal Boortz's fake commencement address is kinda stupid, nah, let's be honest, really stupid.

I see the entire problem here, you think a guy that wants to let all drug offenders out of prison, supports abortion, and same sex marriage is a conservative right wing Republican. (I actually had to look all that up because I had never heard of the guy.) Believe it or not, that says more about you than it does him.

"Quite possibly, this belief in our own opinion, regardless of the facts, may be what separates us from the nations of the world, what makes us unique in God’s eyes. The average German or Czech, though possibly no less ignorant than his American counterpart, will probably consider the possibility that someone who has spent his life studying something may have an opinion worth considering. Not the American. Although perfectly willing to recognize expertise in basketball, for example, or refrigerator repair, when it comes to the realm of ideas, all folks (and their opinions) are suddenly equal. Thus evolution is a damned lie, global warming a liberal hoax, and Republicans care about people like you." Mark Slouka

Quotes only prove you can find quotes.

* When a right wing talking head condemns a whole group as incompetent, he not makes himself the fool, but his criticism paints a false portrait of a noble profession. Stupid speech is stupid speech and should be labeled stupid.

But a left wing talking head doing the same thing is the height of reason.

:cuckoo:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
America is becoming stupid because the ideas of fools are taken serious, consider Fox as an example, its listeners know nothing about the world, or consider Rush Limbaugh's nonsense, then there is Coulter, Savage, Beck, Hannity, et al, can anyone think of dumber media personalities? Lots out there. Big money fools support the stupid because the stupid say and write and print what the big money fools want them to say. Consider the revisionist stupidity from Jonah Goldberg? Seriously, are these fools the best the conservatives can bring to the table today?
Yes.

That stupidity and ignorance is consistent with conservative dogma; to introduce facts and the truth into the issue only undermines that dogma.

Liberals today need to call a spade a spade, stupidity is sponsored by the wealthy stupid, and the greedy stupid, and the ideological stupid, stupidity has gone on too long. Every fool gets a Koch, Simmons, Perry, Murdoch et al soapbox when the fool argues against the American values that made this country great, so it time we too call stupid stupid. Unapologetic, I have to say anyone who praises Neal Boortz's fake commencement address is kinda stupid, nah, let's be honest, really stupid.
Liberals, however, need to take care to fight back with documented evidence and facts. This is very difficult to do, of course, as the facts often follow the lies conservatives spew, particularly with regard to the conservative tactic of aggressively repeating lies over and over again in the hope they be perceived as the truth.

A guy who doesn't even know how to use the quote button has no business calling anyone stupid.

On USMB the other day a fake commencement address by a right wing talking head is praised as the best ever. Since I know many teachers, and the work they do, and the difficulties they face in a society in which only money and sports are worshipped, I took umbrage with such nonsense.

My solution to the buffoon's 'libelous'* speech - I am not sure what word to use when someone who earns their living talking shit all day criticizes people who actually contribute to society - was the old fashioned one, a good punch in the mouth followed by a toss off the stage. How else could you rationally debate a total jackass.

I was raised in a world in which the teacher was in charge in the classroom and the student listened. Today in America every moron, with equally moronic parents, is not only right, but the teachers wrong. And then when asked why our students do so poorly, the teachers are blamed. Imagine if little Joanie studied instead of texting and kicking a ball all evening?

"Quite possibly, this belief in our own opinion, regardless of the facts, may be what separates us from the nations of the world, what makes us unique in God’s eyes. The average German or Czech, though possibly no less ignorant than his American counterpart, will probably consider the possibility that someone who has spent his life studying something may have an opinion worth considering. Not the American. Although perfectly willing to recognize expertise in basketball, for example, or refrigerator repair, when it comes to the realm of ideas, all folks (and their opinions) are suddenly equal. Thus evolution is a damned lie, global warming a liberal hoax, and Republicans care about people like you." Mark Slouka

* When a right wing talking head condemns a whole group as incompetent, he not makes himself the fool, but his criticism paints a false portrait of a noble profession. Stupid speech is stupid speech and should be labeled stupid.

Liberals have been running our education system at all levels for decades. If you are wondering why there are so many stupid people you may want to take it up with them.

Its funny how you immediately jump to on air conservative personalities as the blame, yet you can't say what makes them stupid. All those conservatives ever do is point out what liberals are doing. And to answer you question, yes I can think of dumber media personalities - Ed, Maddow, Mathews, Michael Moore, and of course the ultimate media personality Barack Hussein Obama.

• Thanks
Who is it that controls Public Education?

DEMOCRATS and TEACHERS UNIONS.

So the OP is shooting himself in the foot, aside from half his diatribe being lies.

Your ignorance concerning the matter is glaring like the sun..

'Glaring' means giving off a dazzling light.

Giving off light usually refers to 'enlightenment,' 'revelation,' or learning.

Aiming to insult the poster, you have, instead, revealed a startling lack of ability in this area.

Unfortunately, you have no future in writing opinions…the good news? You are qualified to write what is the most lucrative of compositions: ransom notes.

• Thanks

So the OP is shooting himself in the foot, aside from half his diatribe being lies.

Aiming to insult the poster, you have, instead, revealed a startling lack of ability in this area.

Unfortunately, you have no future in writing opinions…the good news? You are qualified to write what is the most lucrative of compositions: ransom notes.

Not if the light is reflected.

America is becoming stupid because the ideas of fools are taken serious, consider Fox as an example, its listeners know nothing about the world, or consider Rush Limbaugh's nonsense, then there is Coulter, Savage, Beck, Hannity, et al, can anyone think of dumber media personalities? .

1) if they are dumb then our Founders were dumb since they all believe in freedom from big liberal government

2) our kids are the dumbest in the civilized world because they go to liberal government schools where the status quo is expected and encouraged. The solution is to make them competitive and capitalist like our universities which are the best in the world.

America is becoming stupid because the ideas of fools are taken serious, consider Fox as an example, its listeners know nothing about the world, or consider Rush Limbaugh's nonsense, then there is Coulter, Savage, Beck, Hannity, et al, can anyone think of dumber media personalities? .

1) if they are dumb then our Founders were dumb since they all believe in freedom from big liberal government

2) our kids are the dumbest in the civilized world because they go to liberal government schools where the status quo is expected and encouraged. The solution is to make them competitive and capitalist like our universities which are the best in the world.

The founders took a small government with no power and dumped it in the trash and created a larger government with numerous powers such as the power to make war, the power to tax the power to control commerce and on and on.
As to our capitalitic universities how many universites are state schools and how many national government schools? And of the private capitalistic universties how many accept taxpayer monies? Maybe Oral Roberts does not?

Context my dear.

Glaring as describing something that is beyond being simply obvious.

You are a dunce...sit in the corner.

The founders took a small government with no power and dumped it in the trash and created a larger government with numerous powers such as the power to make war,

but we had a war before the Constitution

the power to tax

left right center agree that the government can tax??????

the power to control commerce

there was no power to control commerce only to encourage free trade

As to our capitalitic universities how many universites are state schools

The Ivy League sets the standard for the entire world and is moslty private. Our colleges and Universities are far more private than our public schools which are the worst in the world

and how many national government schools? And of the private capitalistic universties how many accept taxpayer monies? Maybe Oral Roberts does not?

accepting some money does not make them public schools like our real liberal public schools which are consistently the worst in the world.

The founders took a small government with no power and dumped it in the trash and created a larger government with numerous powers such as the power to make war,

but we had a war before the Constitution

the power to tax

left right center agree that the government can tax??????

there was no power to control commerce only to encourage free trade

As to our capitalitic universities how many universites are state schools

The Ivy League sets the standard for the entire world and is moslty private. Our colleges and Universities are far more private than our public schools which are the worst in the world

and how many national government schools? And of the private capitalistic universties how many accept taxpayer monies? Maybe Oral Roberts does not?

accepting some money does not make them public schools like our real liberal public schools which are consistently the worst in the world.

Yeah we had a war before the Constittution, and your point?
Are tariffs free trade, how about embargos?
Universtities, public or private can cherry pick students, but not public schools.
I doubt if you could even make a case that our public schools are the worst in the world.
If schools accept government money, might that money have some strings?
And do you think private and public universities might have faculty organizations similar to teacher unions?

what an pompous ass rant... talks about some talking head condemns a whole group as incompetent, then call people who watch Fox news, as not knowing anything about the world.

typical liberal believes themselves BETTER and superior above others who they see as Beneath them..
barf worthy is all this was and blaa blaa blaa would of been more interesting.

Last edited:
We encourage intelligence, then give 6 year olds cell phones with texting ability. So now they can't interact in reality, text the person seated two seats away and carry on an enthusiastic "conversate" without having to look the other person in the eye. Then they go to class and text throughout the lecture, even though the professor has forbidden cell phones, and bitch when their grade is lowered.

I doubt if you could even make a case that our public schools are the worst in the world.

This is true, most surveys show they are about 23rd in the civilized world. Libturds are destroying our children and fight for the status quo!!

Republicans want vouchers and so do ghetto parents whose kids suffer most from liberal union education.

liberal unions prevented war production in WW2
liberal government unions are willing to bankrupt the country so they can make double pay
liberal unions are willing to destroy our kids

Last edited:

This is true, most surveys show they are about 23rd in the civilized world. Libturds are destroying our children and fight for the status quo!!

Republicans want vouchers and so do ghetto parents whose kids suffer most from liberal union education.

liberal government unions are willing to bankrupt the country so they can make double pay

I wonder if those top notch American universities you admire so much have unions? In fact, isn't the Harvard faculty noted for their liberalism, even Nixon calling Harvard, the Kemlin on the Charles. Do you suppose the American Association of University Professors with almost 50,000 members is sort of like a union, perhaps even a teacher's union? I wonder how many groups have organized to protect their position in society? In fact, is the there any working group, perhaps any group of Americans that has not organized to protect their status, income and all the other perks that go with working? Unions are part of America, sort of like apple pie.

I wonder if those top notch American universities you admire so much have unions?

They have unions but they are not run and controlled by unions. Is that really over your head!

Are you dumb enough to support unions?? Why not put all Americans in a union then and demand $100/ hour minimum. why do only some get to steal with violence and not everyone??

In fact, isn't the Harvard faculty noted for their liberalism, even Nixon calling Harvard, the Kemlin on the Charles. Do you suppose the American Association of University Professors with almost 50,000 members is sort of like a union, perhaps even a teacher's union? I wonder how many groups have organized to protect their position in society? In fact, is the there any working group, perhaps any group of Americans that has not organized to protect their status, income and all the other perks that go with working? Unions are part of America, sort of like apple pie.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if those top notch American universities you admire so much have unions?

They have unions but they are not run and controlled by unions. Is that really over your head!

Are you dumb enough to support unions?? Why not put all Americans in a union then and demand $100/ hour minimum. why do only some get to steal with violence and not everyone??

/QUOTE]

Of course I support most unions and most professional organizations, even the AMA, ABA, and AFT, and sometimes the VFW, DAR, and others. This is a nation of organizations, people organize to have a stronger voice it goes with democracy.
For a union to demand a raise doesn't mean they'll get it, nor does it mean they are stealing, but if they are in a union they have a better chance of getting something.
History is pretty clear that labor violence began with company union-busting tactics.

How many times must it be said--we encourage 'everyone' to continue their education while other countries cull out the special ed and slow learners.

Yeah, those guys on the back of the town garbage truck are rolling in dough...

Forum List

Back