America & Nazi Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
The camps as bad as they were, certainly were not in league or anything like the camps of the Nazis.

Is that the standard of acceptability? 'Our concentration camps not as bad as the Nazi concentration camps'? The United States of America is a hell of a lot better than that.

And the camps, as bad as they were, were "a hell of a lot better than that" and you know it, Unkotare. Lot of flame but no heat.

That bullshit rationalization is utterly UNAMERICAN, and contrary to the whole point of brave, loyal citizens willing to give their lives for their country. There is no excuse or 'historical context' that can wash away FDR's shame, or yours.

Why would I have shame? I'm suggesting that unless you lived in that period you might not really understand many of the American people of that time. Try "Daugters of the Golden West, and the 442nd" to get a glimpse of the protests of Californians, the state and the counties when the army even considered starting that regiment. For a time I was stationed at Fort Ord and well remember what was going on during that period. As for unAmerican can you believe Black American soldiers were not allowed in Southern restuaurants, but white German POW's were allowed? I don't know about FDR, but I have no shame. I wonder if today we are still practicing that same type of racism and bigotry but no longer toward Japanese, just others?

You damn well should feel shame, because you are still trying to excuse the inexcusable. You mention the 442nd, but do you really know about it? You would try to rationalize the best and bravest of America and their families being thrown into concentration camps at a time when the country needed them the most? Fuck you then. And if your real point is to make some statement about "just others," then make it and stop heaping more and more shame upon yourself.

I feel no shame. I'm using history as it happened; as for knowing the 442nd, I think I do, having been in the infantry at the time. Most of knew of that regiment, and the battalion, even those of us in the Pacific.
The parents were already in the camps when the 442nd was formed, and I suggest again you look at the type of Californians that protested the formation of the 442nd and their arguments. Try "Native Sons and Daughters of the Golden West 442nd". I wonder what you might find politically and historically.
It happened and I can understand why it happened but that does not mean I approved. I wonder if those same things are going on against Americans today?

I suggest again you look at the type of Californians that protested the formation of the 442nd and their arguments. Try "Native Sons and Daughters of the Golden West 442nd".

I'm well informed on the subject, thanks. No need to repeat that again.

I prefer that people make up their own minds based on the historical evidence rather than being told what to think. So what did you think of the California government's and their Sons and daughters of the golden west;s take on the history of the 442nd? Ever wonder why the military was not integrated until a Democratic president pushed it? Ever wonder why the Japanese and Japanese Americans in Hawaii were not put in camps?

I prefer that people make up their own minds based on the historical evidence rather than being told what to think.

I prefer that people answer questions when asked, especially after not once but twice 'hinting' that they want to say something.

Unkotare, because somebody does not agree with your opinion, does not mean they have not answered your questions.

You were properly and correctly answered, Unkotare, and your immoral stubbornness in refusing to admit it remains your problem.

You own it, not us.

Fucktoid, your stupid factoids reveal you are a mentoid.

FDR opposed Japanese imperialism with economic sanctions, and the Japanese struck back.

Only France and England (not the USA, like you suggested) declared war on Germany then, and neither could contribute a military effort to directly bring relief to the Poles.

The USA supported Britain, USSR, and China in opposing the fascists and the Japanese.

I agree that you, Odd ball, "are one seriously sad excuse of an historian."

Better check your facts. During the first phase of World War II (1939-1941) the USSR was allied with Nazi-Germany. it joined in occupying Poland ans slaughtering Poles.

Neither did the USSR oppose Japan, since it concluded a non-aggression pact with them after their skirmishes in Mongolia ans scrupulously stuck to that until mid-1945.

You are right. I did not specify the dates, which I should. Beginning 22 June 1941, the USSR was on the sides of the Allies. USSR invaded Japanese territories in August 1945, at the war's end.

There was no "official" term limit for president before FDR. We didn't need it. You could say that FDR seized power to run for his 3rd and 4th terms in a similar way that Hitler initially gained power in Germany, with political intimidation, media talkeover and the threat of violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back