America is number 1...in Anxiety Disorders

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
The U.S. ranks 13th in arts funding Ranking America

"According to the Canada Council for the Arts, in 2003 the American government distributed the equivalent of 44¢ (Canadian) per capita in public arts grants, which made the United States rank thirteenth out of thirteen countries in that category. Sweden ranked first, distributing $28.38 (Canadian) per capita in arts grants."

chart-of-arts-fundingxlsx.jpg

Sucks to be an artist in the USA.

The U.S. ranks 33rd in acceptance of evolution Ranking America

"According to a 2006 study first published in the magazine, Science, the United States ranks thirty-third out of thirty four nations (32 in Europe plus Japan and the United States) in acceptance of evolution. Iceland ranks first. Only Turkey ranked lower than the United States in the acceptance of evolution."

evolution-730854.jpg

Sucks to be a scientist in the USA.

The U.S. ranks 1st in anxiety disorders Ranking America

"According to a presentation to the IFPE Congress in Vienna, Austria on April 18, 2009, on the results of World Health Organization’s World Mental Health Survey, 19% of Americans experience a clinical anxiety disorder in a given twelve-month period, which makes the United States rank first in that category."

Sucks to be well-adjusted in the USA. Though it seems we are no. 1 at something finally yay!

Hundreds more global rankings here,
How does the United States rank Ranking America

number 17 , that's great but needs to be 100 !! Seems to me that an artist in the USA oughta get a job and fund his own artistic expression like 'pisschrist' Delta !! Other then that thought lets work together to further reduce [forced] taxpayer paid funding of the 'arts' !!

number 17 , that's great but needs to be 100 !! Seems to me that an artist in the USA oughta get a job and fund his own artistic expression like 'pisschrist' Delta !! Other then that thought lets work together to further reduce [forced] taxpayer paid funding of the 'arts' !!
…. the ones displaying a cross placed in urine?

No shit! Are you surprised? I sure am not.

"According to the Canada Council for the Arts, in 2003 the American government distributed the equivalent of 44¢ (Canadian) per capita in public arts grants, which made the United States rank thirteenth out of thirteen countries in that category. Sweden ranked first, distributing $28.38 (Canadian) per capita in arts grants."

"According to a 2006 study first published in the magazine, Science, the United States ranks thirty-third out of thirty four nations (32 in Europe plus Japan and the United States) in acceptance of evolution. Iceland ranks first. Only Turkey ranked lower than the United States in the acceptance of evolution."

evolution-730854.jpg

"According to a presentation to the IFPE Congress in Vienna, Austria on April 18, 2009, on the results of World Health Organization’s World Mental Health Survey, 19% of Americans experience a clinical anxiety disorder in a given twelve-month period, which makes the United States rank first in that category."

Sucks to be well-adjusted in the USA. Though it seems we are no. 1 at something finally yay!

Obama does number 2 on America

That's why our modern music has become polluted with the likes of Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black.

You can thank welfare for this. Welfare allows the survival of morons and incompetents, who then breed at higher rates of more intelligent and responsible humans. Remove welfare and allow natural selection to run its course.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've had quite a bit of anxiety since Obama took office.

Maplethorpe did Piss Christ. ...Yes, I'd know that sort of thing. :)

That's why our modern music has become polluted with the likes of Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black.

You can thank welfare for this. Welfare allows the survival of morons and incompetents, who then breed at higher rates of more intelligent and responsible humans. Remove welfare and allow natural selection to run its course.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've had quite a bit of anxiety since Obama took office.

Quit watching tv news. Watch it clear right up. Want news, read a newspaper.

No shit! Are you surprised? I sure am not.

With the huge numbers of Republicans suffering from Obama Derangement Syndrome, there is no surprise in the numbers of people with anxiety disorders.

The art graph is totally bogus because it is "cash per capita".

I mean we can all enjoy that favorite Swedish artist of ours ... But get a grip.
The graph could just as well say that there are more people and less artists in the US ... And wouldn't even address the amount each artist on the dole is given.

Screw it ... The French didn't even make it on the chart.

Although, without bashing any religion we can look at it from a different angle just for conversation's sake. Is any physical thing/entity created by the Creator? There is the answer. Nothing is impure what was created. Then it is not sacrilege. However, it is sacrilege in the eyes of Christians, therefore I am not in support to trample on other man's religion, I even despise those who do that.

evolution-730854.jpg

Why is it folks just keep bitching that there not enough unconstitutional spending by the feds when there should't be any.

Although, without bashing any religion we can look at it from a different angle just for conversation's sake. Is any physical thing/entity created by the Creator? There is the answer. Nothing is impure what was created. Then it is not sacrilege. However, it is sacrilege in the eyes of Christians, therefore I am not in support to trample on other man's religion, I even despise those who do that.

Thought the piece was lame. Wanna offend Christians immersing a cross in something, blood and saying it's HIV infected comes to mind for how often they're going on about blood. :)

Pisschrist was federally funded.

The art graph is totally bogus because it is "cash per capita".

I mean we can all enjoy that favorite Swedish artist of ours ... But get a grip.
The graph could just as well say that there are more people and less artists in the US ... And wouldn't even address the amount each artist on the dole is given.

Screw it ... The French didn't even make it on the chart.

Yep.
Artists, before government endowments, supported themselves by selling their art (and many of them lived in poverty) and/or securing the support of a person like Maecenas.
(I made the assumption based on Stat's posts that you were female.)

Pisschrist was federally funded.
That was my understanding also.

Forum List

Back