America is not broke

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Contrary to what those in power would like you to believe so that you'll give up your pension, cut your wages, and settle for the life your great-grandparents had, America is not broke. Not by a long shot. The country is awash in wealth and cash. It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks and the portfolios of the uber-rich.

Today just 400 Americans have more wealth than half of all Americans combined.

Let me say that again. 400 obscenely rich people, most of whom benefited in some way from the multi-trillion dollar taxpayer "bailout" of 2008, now have more loot, stock and property than the assets of 155 million Americans combined. If you can't bring yourself to call that a financial coup d'état, then you are simply not being honest about what you know in your heart to be true.

Michael Moore: America Is Not Broke

Chris is clearly one of those people who thinks he has money in his checking account if he has blank checks.

Riiiigggghhhhhtttttttt.

He's just Big Boned.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Contrary to what those in power would like you to believe so that you'll give up your pension, cut your wages, and settle for the life your great-grandparents had, America is not broke. Not by a long shot. The country is awash in wealth and cash. It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks and the portfolios of the uber-rich.

Let me say that again. 400 obscenely rich people, most of whom benefited in some way from the multi-trillion dollar taxpayer "bailout" of 2008, now have more loot, stock and property than the assets of 155 million Americans combined. If you can't bring yourself to call that a financial coup d'état, then you are simply not being honest about what you know in your heart to be true.

Communist. I don't want to be a Communist Country. MM and all who want it should move to a communist country.. get thee the fuck out.

So the fact that all of us would have to be close to $400,000 to pay off our national debt means we have plenty of money?

Being in debt is not a good sign of fiscal health.

I just love the irony of Moore and the rest of the far left, screaming and yelling about the deficit under Booooosh.... Now suddenly it's perfectly okay! :rofl:

Last month's deficit alone was approximately the same amount as the entire 2007 Bush one.
That Obama is such an OVER ACHIEVER!

Transferred? Oh, you mean that they have products people want to buy. So since these people chose to spend their cash to purchase these "thieves" products, why are the "thieves" supposed to give the money back?

What, are you in second grade? Have your mom and da explain how the world works to you. Soon.

Oh you know, liberals love to spend Other People's Money.

My giuess is Oprah is in that group of 400.
What do you suggest she should do?

Last I checked 536 people have control of over 2 trillion dollars of real money and an extra trillion cause they want it for the year. Also they did nothing to earn it but they get to spend it. Now thats real greed. Now thats the REAL problem. How many trillion were those 400 worth?

Last edited:
If I had a dollar for every time that capitalism was blamed for the problems caused by our government, I'd be a fat film-maker with a baseball cap.

Just wondering, does Moore give away all of his money except $30,000 a year? I figure no.
You've done a good job on your avatar. You have Charlie looking IN to the page instead of off the page. In page composition we call this "eye directing CVI."

My giuess is Oprah is in that group of 400.
What do you suggest she should do?

Zuckerman, Gates, Soros, Cuban.....the list goes on and on.

Michael Moore is using the shit out of the left. Thank God for him they are too stupid to see it.

Forum List

Back