oil and gas companies, spent $146.3 million on lobbying last year

Stop regulating their industries and then they will have no reason to spend money lobbying politicians.

That's less than unions spent on Dem candidates in the election last year.

Stop regulating their industries and then they will have no reason to spend money lobbying politicians.

That's a GREAT fucking idea. Even with regulations in place, just look at what BP did to the Gulf last year....:cuckoo:

What they did to the gulf coast? They had an accident. One accident over thousands of rigs used 365 days a year for decades.

Tylenol killed people a while back.

Ecoli seeped into the food chain killing people

Shit happens.

Doesnt make it an ongoing problem.

Anyone know how much money was spent by unions and others that got exemptions from Obamacare?

That's a GREAT fucking idea. Even with regulations in place, just look at what BP did to the Gulf last year....:cuckoo:

What they did to the gulf coast? They had an accident. One accident over thousands of rigs used 365 days a year for decades.

Shit happens.

My point being, if there were less, or NO regulations in place, can you imagine how much worse things would be. For examples, look no further than India or China.

This is one of the most naive things I have ever in my life read, and perhaps one of the dumbest, on so many levels. Sorry, but, you deserve that. You are saying, that they shouldn't have to spend money in order to bend regulations, which have been set their by precedent based upon repeated corporate behavior that jeopardize the well-being of the planet, eco-systems, the environment, and people, yet, "because I'm a republican, the only thing that matters are humans, and the world and everything else is ours to be had." Get real dude. Get real about people, about people in power, and what they would do if left unregulated. The damage to our earth would be so much greater than it already is. The audacity for you to say this after the disaster in the gulf is overwhelming.

Shit happens.

My point being, if there were less, or NO regulations in place, can you imagine how much worse things would be. For examples, look no further than India or China.

The bulk of the lobbying has to do with anticipated legislation and regulations...with the only existing regulation that I am aware of that is an issue is the ban on off shore drilling.
I am sure much is spent on lobbying for the lift of thast ban. It is costing thousands of jobs and those rigs sitting there doing nothing is costing the oil companies millions of dollars.

This is one of the most naive things I have ever in my life read, and perhaps one of the dumbest, on so many levels. Sorry, but, you deserve that. You are saying, that they shouldn't have to spend money in order to bend regulations, which have been set their by precedent based upon repeated corporate behavior that jeopardize the well-being of the planet, eco-systems, the environment, and people, yet, "because I'm a republican, the only thing that matters are humans, and the world and everything else is ours to be had." Get real dude. Get real about people, about people in power, and what they would do if left unregulated. The damage to our earth would be so much greater than it already is. The audacity for you to say this after the disaster in the gulf is overwhelming.

The major impetus of oil industry lobbying is centered around the nearly $90 billion in taxes that Obama wants to levy on that industry. $147 million is cheap compared to the effects of Obama's proposed budget.

The major impetus of oil industry lobbying is centered around the nearly $90 billion in taxes that Obama wants to levy on that industry. $147 million is cheap compared to the effects of Obama's proposed budget.

Why are we tax payers propping up the oil companies again?

Those godamn oil companies and evil fucking lobbyists, trying to repeal limits on greenhouse gases? Are you kidding me? we should be trying to find ways to lessen our emissions on the atmosphere and trying to find ways to convert to more reponsible sources of energy... but no, the oil companies make too much money to possibly let them happen, so let them fuck over all of humanity by continuing to do what they do. AWESOME!! We really do want to destroy ourselves. Since when did we become a suicidal race?

"Propping up"? In what fashion?

Shit happens.

Hey dumbasses, the cart didn't come before the horse. The reason we have laws is because the private sector did things that were counterproductive to the good of the country and it's citizen's and they caused problems.

Just keep it going, we get it, you want to put the country in the hands of private industry.

Doesn't make it an ongoing problem.[/QUOTE]

Shit happens, and leave it in the hands of private industry and it will happen much more.

Right, all the things done over the years because of the way industry treated people would have just taken care of themselves if not forced to be changed by the govt.

No propping them up. Defedning the premise that big business is bad...thus why this thread was started.
Big buisness is the core of American Capitalism. Monopolies are non existant, but Oligopolies are required for pure competition to thrive....and Big Businesses are the anchor players in Oligopolies.
Unfortunately, many dont realize this and so they jump on the bandwagon of criticizing every move they make.
Again...thus why THIS thread was started.

Forum List

Back