America is a different place than it was 75 years ago - it was relatively safe

"So, what exactly has changed?"

The philosophy of racism by whites is coming home to roost like some of the founders predicted.
You have got to love a race of people who for decades have had their foot on the necks of minorities in this country, holding them back from just the basics of decent housing and jobs, would now complain about the very problems, they themselves created. These people will never ever ever understand the monster of exclusion, racism and bigotry, they created and how it continues to impact people, that is until they themselves find the tables turned, then its time to vote in a Trump, kill a white woman and riot.....(sigh), someday, someday, they'll get it.

75 years ago, we were free, safe, and (relative the the world) prosperous. Then the dark ages came with the "Civil Rights movement". Crime skyrocketed. The government started coercing people to discriminate (and calling it freedom) while being engaged in a slander campaign against white people. Our freedoms, safety, and middle-class started evaporating.
If you believe that 75 years ago, white people felt safe and nobody was being murdered, raped and robbed, than do tell us what planet you reside....cause I can assure you, white people, as were other races, we're doing the same shit, they do today.......create evil....its called WWI and WWII

75 years ago, we were free, safe, and (relative the the world) prosperous. Then the dark ages came with the "Civil Rights movement". Crime skyrocketed. The government started coercing people to discriminate (and calling it freedom) while being engaged in a slander campaign against white people. Our freedoms, safety, and middle-class started evaporating.

Absolute bullshit. The murder rate was higher. Law enforcement ignored violence against anyone who wasn't white.

Oh, and the middle class reached its peak in the 1950s and 1960s. That would be 20 years after your so-called "safe" years.

Must have sucked having that white male AA taken from you partially?

75 years ago, Blacks were making nice economic gains from the savages their ancestors were in Africa. 75 years ago, black communities were relatively safe. 75 years ago, blacks were far more free than they are today. Sure, no one was admitting them into Harvard with low SAT scores.... But, no one was doing that for whites, either.

You really are delusional. I mean, your "facts" are so off kilter it is almost funny.

Black communities were certainly not safe. They may have been safe from black on black crime. But they were not safe. Black men could be accused by rumor, dragged from their homes and lynched. Law enforcement not only refused to arrest those responsible, they were often instrumental in these atrocities.

And regardless of their SAT scores (only 300,000 took students took the SAT in 1943), most blacks would never have been admitted to Harvard.

75 years ago whites were getting jobs over more qualified Blacks. I know you miss those days. By now you would be CEO instead of head fry cook.

I don't believe that. Most whites will hire the person who'll make them the most money, regardless of race. Including 75 years ago. But, now, the government forces companies to hire blacks over more qualified whites.

If libtards lie about racism today, why should I believe what they say about racism 75 years ago?

That is absolute bullshit. Hiring blacks meant losing customers in many instances. And if they did hire blacks, they paid them far less. Making it more about low wages than about any altruistic ideals.

Seventy five years ago people in America walked the streets at night in major cities with few concerns...and left doors open all night.

Shoplifting was a minor problem and violence against Law Enforcement was nearly unheard of.

It was a friendlier time when you were more likely to be helped by your fellow American than hurt by them.

Today...we live in a totally different place. Danger is lurking everywhere. Theft and crime run rampant. Police are shot and killed for fun. The elderly are victimized as quickly as anyone else.....
Brazen Thief Steals Purse From Woman, 82, on Scooter at California Supermarket

Young people text and drive killing thousands each year......People cheat the system rampantly....

The ONE caveat, and an important one, is that Civil Rights are more equally spread among all Americans.
But at what cost? Did we trade a safe society for one that has everyone closer to equal?
Surely VERY few people actually would still support slavery and the majority are pleased with equality for all.
But again, at what price?

So, what exactly has changed?

75 years ago was 1942

Hundreds of thousands of Americans were killed in the war
Blacks were second class citizens
We were in a state of panic from a possible Nazi invasion
Basic necessities in life were severely rationed including food, gas, cars, rubber
We were under strict curfews

I'll take today

What you believe is of zero interest to me.

What you believe, you can't show is true. Show that employers discriminated against more qualified blacks 75 years ago.

LMAO!!! Kettle, meet Pot.

I notice you ignored the factual post by theDoctorisin.

Let me help you.

"75 years ago, there were 7.8 murders per 100,000 people in the US. Last year, there were 4.9.

75 years ago, the unemployment rate was 14.9%. Now, it's 4.5%.

75 years ago, median income (in today's dollars) was $16,886.05. Today, it's $32,140."

Care to try again about how much better and safer things were?

What you believe, you can't show is true. Show that employers discriminated against more qualified blacks 75 years ago.

Let me help you.

"75 years ago, there were 7.8 murders per 100,000 people in the US. Last year, there were 4.9.

75 years ago, median income (in today's dollars) was $16,886.05. Today, it's $32,140."

Sh1thead, I responded to it and demolished it. Post #37.

Sometimes I long for the past.....a long gone past....

Right or wrong....it's just the vintage thing in me!:dunno:
. I loved going out to trick or treat for Halloween when we were kids, and being able to go without our parents, and being able to go just about anywhere we wanted to go without worrying about anything. We came back with bags of candy that lasted almost till the end of November.
I believe that with modern technology, bad news spreads much more quickly than it did many years ago. If a child got molested 75ish years ago, it would perhaps be local news and people would be hush-hush to outsiders to avoid tarnishing there communities. Today when bad stuff happen it goes viral....something that was impossible before the net.

Let me help you.

The only thing you demolished is what was left of your credibility.

75 years ago was 1942

Basic necessities in life were severely rationed including food, gas, cars, rubber

I'll take today

It's unfortunate that the OP's semi-arbitrary number landed on 1942, where the Great Depression meets WWII. But, that's okay, and it's the principle, not the specific year that counts. We're second class citizens today compared to blacks in 1942. Other than the war, blacks were so free that they would hardly have known the federal government existed. They had much more freedom than whites have today. It's too bad that the modern Africoon American longs to be a slave, not a free man.

Let me help you.

Riiight. You posted a conflicting number on the murder rate and cited Wikipedia. That is not even close to destroying anything.

Unemployment was 14.9% and now it is 4.5%. Did you destroy that one too?

Median income was $16,886.05 and today it is $32,140. (both in today's dollars) Did you destroy that one too?

Let me help you.

Riiight. You posted a conflicting number on the murder rate and cited Wikipedia. That is not even close to destroying anything.

Median income was $16,886.05 and today it is $32,140. (both in today's dollars) Did you destroy that one too?

It's like you didn't even read what I wrote. Go find a brain.

75 years ago was 1942

I'll take today

It's unfortunate that the OP's semi-arbitrary number landed on 1942, where the Great Depression meets WWII. But, that's okay, and it's the principle, not the specific year that counts. We're second class citizens today compared to blacks in 1942. Other than the war, blacks were so free that they would hardly have known the federal government existed. They had much more freedom than whites have today. It's too bad that the modern Africoon American longs to be a slave, not a free man.

WHAT???? Have you lost your mind? Much of the country was still segregated. Blacks could be arrested for sitting at the lunch counter. Free?? Tell that to the blacks that tried to register to vote.

75 years ago was 1942

I'll take today

That is a ridiculous reply
Didn't take long to show your racism did it?

Sometimes I long for the past.....a long gone past....

Right or wrong....it's just the vintage thing in me!:dunno:
. I loved going out to trick or treat for Halloween when we were kids, and being able to go without our parents, and being able to go just about anywhere we wanted to go without worrying about anything. We came back with bags of candy that lasted almost till the end of November.

I agree.

A slower pace of life.... a gentler time.
More Blacks being lynched and back alley abortions.

I am talking about generalization, without getting involved in any specific regrettable acts that happened in the past.

Let me help you.

It's like you didn't even read what I wrote. Go find a brain.

I read what you wrote and found it laughably inaccurate.

75 years ago was 1942

I'll take today

WHAT???? Have you lost your mind? Much of the country was still segregated. Blacks could be arrested for sitting at the lunch counter. Free?? Tell that to the blacks that tried to register to vote.
Not nearly as segregated as today. The law mandates race quotas and people segregate themselves everywhere and emphasize their segregation. Some refusing to even learn English.

Forum List

Back