America Alone.

smithfix

smithfix
Oct 26, 2009
TEXAS!
Has anyone read Mark Steyns' "America Alone?"
If you think Illegal Immigration is a problem you should look at this study of Demographics.
Easy read and well worth the time.

Has anyone read Mark Steyns' "America Alone?"
If you think Illegal Immigration is a problem you should look at this study of Demographics.
Easy read and well worth the time.

And, similarly, from a Steyn speech:

"The biggest difference between Canada and the U.S. is not that you crazy, violent, psycho Yanks have guns and we caring, progressive Canucks have socialized health care, but that America has a healthy fertility rate and we don’t. Americans have 2.1 children per couple, which is enough to maintain a stable population, whereas according to the latest official figures, Canadian couples have only 1.5. This puts us on the brink of steep demographic decline. Consider the math: 10 million parents have 7.5 million children, 5.6 million grandchildren, and 4.2 million great-grandchildren. You can imagine what shape those lavish Canadian social programs will be in under that scenario, and that’s before your average teenage burger-flipper gets tired of supporting entire gated communities and decides he’d rather head south than pay 70 percent tax rates.

So, to produce the children we couldn’t be bothered having ourselves, we use the developing world as our maternity ward. Between 2001 and 2006, Canada’s population increased by 1.6 million. 400,000 came from natural population growth kids, while 1.2 million came from immigration. Thus native Canadians—already only amounting to 25 percent of the country’s population growth—will become an ever smaller minority in the Canada of the future. It’s like a company in which you hold an ever diminishing percentage of the stock. It might still be a great, successful company in the years ahead, but if it is, it won’t have much—if anything—to do with you.

In that most basic sense, American progressives who look to Canada are wrong. Not only is Canada’s path not a model for America, it’s not a viable model for Canada. As Canadians are about to discover, the future belongs to those who show up for it."

https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2008&month=01

'Americans have 2.1 children per couple,'

But are these the immigrants, recently and past, who are having the children???? I think so. In the year 2025, hispanics will be the majority. And since Canada is now welcoming illegals, you too will be a memory.

*Attention Humorless Drones: The following comment is for comedic purposes only*

I can understand a low birthrate in Canada, who the hell would want to breed with a Canadian?

But I thought we were saving the planet by not breeding? WTF? Don't mix messages - we need to know.... To breed or not to breed, that is the question. Whether tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous rugrats or, take arms against that sea of children and, by saying 'hell no', remain childless'

*Attention Humorless Drones: The following comment is for comedic purposes only*

I can understand a low birthrate in Canada, who the hell would want to breed with a Canadian?

But I thought we were saving the planet by not breeding? WTF? Don't mix messages - we need to know.... To breed or not to breed, that is the question. Whether tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous rugrats or, take arms against that sea of children and, by saying 'hell no', remain childless'

Depends, If you think I should pay for your brats, get sterilized. If you will support them yourself BREED for the love of Pete!

Forum List

Back