Amazon shuts down man's smart home because a Amazon driver made a false claim.

Yes, i would imagine that is likely to happen.
And when that doesn't happen..it is safe to say this story is bullshit.....

Here is the guy making the complaint.......

72084921-12189915-image-a-6_1686666657599.jpeg

"Jackson, who is black, said most of the neighborhood and its delivery drivers are also African American and it would be 'highly unlikely that we would make such remarks.' When he reviewed the doorbell footage, he found the device gave an automatic reply of: 'Excuse me, can I help you?' He said he was still locked out of his devices for days, despite turning over the footage"

However, he never alleges that he was locked out of his home.....it would be better for his lawsuit if he was tho....Amazon's racist attack against this man shouldn't go unpunished.

I do not know if I beleive this or not, but if I were a Republican it seems to me like a corporation should be able to do whatever it wanted, the free market will sort it out.
Not if you own the products.

I paid for all my smart equipment. It's no one's business what I do in the privacy of my home.... isn't that the lefts mantra?

Why do you think its so crazy for a security system to lock doors? :cuckoo:
Right?

My entire house is smart and runs on voice and biometrics including my entry doors.
My locks can be operated from anywhere in the world via facial recognition or pass codes on the related app. HVAC is smart. Even my appliances notify me of things.

And when that doesn't happen..it is safe to say this story is bullshit.....

Here is the guy making the complaint.......

View attachment 794765

"Jackson, who is black, said most of the neighborhood and its delivery drivers are also African American and it would be 'highly unlikely that we would make such remarks.' When he reviewed the doorbell footage, he found the device gave an automatic reply of: 'Excuse me, can I help you?' He said he was still locked out of his devices for days, despite turning over the footage"

However, he never alleges that he was locked out of his home.....it would be better for his lawsuit if he was tho....Amazon's racist attack against this man shouldn't go unpunished.
Its "bullshit"? Then why are you quoting the guy in this story? What evidence do you have that these journalists made this story up? That is a WILD claim.

Its "bullshit"? Then why are you quoting the guy in this story? What evidence do you have that these journalists made this story up? That is a WILD claim.
The bullshit part is him being locked out of his home.......

Which is further reinforced by the fact he isn't even talking about a lawsuit...which I would definitely file if I were LOCKED OUT OF MY HOME and had to break in.....

So yes, bullshit....

Forum List

Back