Amazon Prime: The Night Eats The World

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
This is a zombie movie. I don't really care for the genre, but my son loves zombie movies, and I like watching movies with my son.

As the opening credits rolled for this movie, I assumed from all the French names for the producers, writers, director, etc. it was going to be subtitled. But as it turned out, the entire dialog is in English.

Which is weird, because the French HATE the English language. They have done all they can to purge their language of English idioms.

There is a very small cast, not counting the horde of zombies who actually play a very small role in this zombie movie. Even the zombie mob is small, so we're talking low budget.

An American arrives at a party in a Parisian apartment building, demanding his ex-girlfriend give him his stuff. She lets him in and he makes his way to a room where is stuff is. For some unexplained reason, he gets a nosebleed and passes out.

Upon awakening, someone is pounding on the bedroom door and he opens it to find his girlfriend and all the partygoers are zombies. So he slams the door shut.

At this point I said, "If anyone has a righteous reason to murderize their ex-girlfriend, this is it!"

I've watched too much Mystery Science Theater 3000, I guess.

The American discovers the entire area is zombified. At no point during this movie does the dipshit call the police or turn on a radio to see if there are any announcements from the government. WTF?!?!

He does listen to his voicemail and hears his best friend being eaten.

Again, WTF?!? You don't call the cops?

I'm not going to ruin the rest of the movie in case you are foolish enough to want to watch it. I will just say that the French suck at zombie movies.

After we watched the move, Amazon displayed a list of the movies Amazon thinks we might enjoy, based on our having been stupid enough to watch The Night Eats The World. I had no idea there were this many stupid zombie movies, among which are Cockneys vs. Zombies and perhaps my personal favorite I just might have to watch for the sheer campiness, Attack of the Lederhosen Zombies.

Zombies and dinosaurs. If someone made a zombie dinosaur movie it would make a fortune.
There's an even worse movie on there. Conceptually I've always thought it could make for a good premise. This example however was one of the stupidest movies ever. It's about a "zombie outbreak" at a zoo that effects the animals. Great idea for a movie generally speaking. But this movie was a dumpster fire.

In Texas, its not the Zombie Apocalypse, its the Zombie Olympics.
So many categories: shooting for distance, best snap shot, most zombies with a single shot, etc. etc.

Zombies and dinosaurs. If someone made a zombie dinosaur movie it would make a fortune.
That will be the seventh installment of the Jurassic Park franchise.

"I'm simply saying zombies, uh... find a way."

This is a zombie movie. I don't really care for the genre, but my son loves zombie movies, and I like watching movies with my son.

As the opening credits rolled for this movie, I assumed from all the French names for the producers, writers, director, etc. it was going to be subtitled. But as it turned out, the entire dialog is in English.

Which is weird, because the French HATE the English language. They have done all they can to purge their language of English idioms.

There is a very small cast, not counting the horde of zombies who actually play a very small role in this zombie movie. Even the zombie mob is small, so we're talking low budget.

An American arrives at a party in a Parisian apartment building, demanding his ex-girlfriend give him his stuff. She lets him in and he makes his way to a room where is stuff is. For some unexplained reason, he gets a nosebleed and passes out.

Upon awakening, someone is pounding on the bedroom door and he opens it to find his girlfriend and all the partygoers are zombies. So he slams the door shut.

At this point I said, "If anyone has a righteous reason to murderize their ex-girlfriend, this is it!"

I've watched too much Mystery Science Theater 3000, I guess.

The American discovers the entire area is zombified. At no point during this movie does the dipshit call the police or turn on a radio to see if there are any announcements from the government. WTF?!?!

He does listen to his voicemail and hears his best friend being eaten.

Again, WTF?!? You don't call the cops?

I'm not going to ruin the rest of the movie in case you are foolish enough to want to watch it. I will just say that the French suck at zombie movies.

After we watched the move, Amazon displayed a list of the movies Amazon thinks we might enjoy, based on our having been stupid enough to watch The Night Eats The World. I had no idea there were this many stupid zombie movies, among which are Cockneys vs. Zombies and perhaps my personal favorite I just might have to watch for the sheer campiness, Attack of the Lederhosen Zombies.

— It's not dubbed. They are speaking English even though it's a French film. There is French and English version. I tried to watch it but zombie's just aren't my thing. I made it through End of us which is almost a zombie series.

In Texas, its not the Zombie Apocalypse, its the Zombie Olympics.
So many categories: shooting for distance, best snap shot, most zombies with a single shot, etc. etc.

76325_180742481939115_5868129_n.jpg

Forum List

Back