Amazon (blah) Hits It Out Of The Park With Their "Old Friends" Commercial

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

As much as I dislike Amazon I'll give them their props on this commercial. :)

As soon as I saw it I went back in time to the place in town we used to sleigh-ride as kids. It was on the grounds of a old Antebellum plantation called Rose Hill that dates back to the 1830s. The owners were very gracious and allowed several generations of kids to play there.

Like many such places surrounded by a town it fell upon hard times as the owners died and their kids wanted a cut and they had to sell-off land to pay them off.

Sigh, I noticed last week that the hill we used to sleigh-ride on is being cleared for houses......Sad.

R.d84992b0ea6168c5370d2bac3332ab40

But do you have an old time ankle slicer sled
Yep, it was from my grandparents place....They had a apple crate screwed to it to tote eggs from the chicken house when there was snow on the ground.

Of course nothing "sliced and diced" like the old DeSoto hood we used on Rose Hill.....I bet it would hold a half-dozen kids and half would be thrown out halfway down the hill.

I remember one kid had a down jacket and it got sliced and there were feathers everywhere. His mom was pissed!

I grew up in a great neighborhood.
As it happened there were 7 familes in the hood that had kids... all boys. 16 boys all within a 6 year age range. A lot of fun. And to boot - we lived next to a large woods and a park.
And that park had a killer hill.
We primarily used tractor intertubes. So much better and fun then sleds.

Forum List

Back