Amateur Hour

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
is this man (who is pretending to a leader of our country) intentionally out to HURT us?

SNIP:

The Obama administration presented the release of Bowe Bergdahl as an indisputably glorious moment for the country. Amidst the celebration on Saturday, Obama didn’t bother to mention that Bergdahl was a deserter. Obama considered the swap of five of the most dangerous terrorists of the Taliban for Bergdahl worthy of a Rose Garden ceremony. Even for the release of a decorated soldier, that would have been a dubious idea, given the shocking, precedent-breaking character of such a trade. But for Bergdahl, whose story of desertion and possible treachery and collaboration grows more troubling with each new report, a Rose Garden ceremony seems almost like a parody of liberalism.

Obama administration officials, straining to defend the trade, noted that the Israelis have occasionally released Palestinian prisoners for hostages. But one can’t imagine the Israelis ever executing such a trade for a deserter whose actions caused the deaths of soldiers (the number keeps climbing in press reports) who conducted a long and risky search for him.

According to Susan Rice, who professes perplexity at why Republicans still have questions about the administration’s handling of Benghazi, Bergdahl served with “honor and distinction.” Rice said that “Sergeant Bergdahl wasn’t simply a hostage; he was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield.” No mention of his deliberately leaving the battlefield. Obama, too, described Bergdahl as captured on the battlefield. But by Tuesday the Pentagon’s press secretary was using more cautious language, comparing at one point the recovery of Bergdahl to the recovery of someone who jumps from a ship.

Perhaps the Obama administration will claim ignorance again, saying that it only recently learned of Bergdahl’s deserter status from “news reports.” Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, over the weekend, adopted a jubilant tone as if he wasn’t exactly clear on the circumstances of Bergdahl’s departure from his camp and numerous other officials played dumb about his undoubted desertion.

The risks Obama took for the deal — breaking the law by not notifying Congress, among others — wouldn’t be justified under any circumstances, much less these. Obama tried to give the deal a patina of respectability by casting it as part of America’s tradition of not leaving any soldier behind. But the release of terrorists has never been seen as a legitimate means of fulfilling that duty.

An administration caught out in recent weeks for its indifference to the health of soldiers was eager to argue that dire health concerns about Bergdahl justified its release of terrorists for him. Obama evidently hoped that the Rose Garden ceremony would arrest his flagging poll numbers after the VA scandal. But it has only raised new questions about the depth of the administration’s amateurishness, recklessness, and dishonesty.

For the sake of one soldier, who may turn out to be as anti-American as his captors, Obama has now endangered the lives of countless new ones. He breezily says, “This is what happens at the end of wars,” as if the released terrorists will stop fighting theirs. They clearly won’t. They were treated as conquering heroes upon their arrival in Qatar and will undoubtedly return to the fight.

ALL of it here
Amateur Hour | The American Spectator

This is what happens at the end of wars.

The war isn't over. Not even close. He has released the high command, the very cabinet of Mullah Omar, during a time of war.

So bergdahl, the deserter, is currently receiving better medical care than combat veterans get from the VA.

Perfect.

Well, for sure he's getting what all soldiers receive when they are taken to Landstuhl.
He's got something that the U.S. military wants. What that is, we don't know yet, and probably never will.

So bergdahl, the deserter, is currently receiving better medical care than combat veterans get from the VA.

Perfect.

Well, for sure he's getting what all soldiers receive when they are taken to Landstuhl

Better health care than current veterans receive. Like I said.

He's got something that the U.S. military wants. What that is, we don't know yet, and probably never will.

Unfounded speculation.

I'm sure al qaida took him right in and confided their innermost secrets...to an american infidel...and then they forgot and released him back to the u.s.

Yeah..that's plausible...

Hey a cut and paste

SO F..king WHAT?
At least it is not some idiot's OPINION based on some stupid anecdotal story!
At least there is a LINK that I can substantiate IF I don't agree!
Dumb f..ks like you put crap up with out and validation! Just your warped ignorant opinion!

Well good ol' Bush negotiated and hired Sunni terrorist in Iraq, but we never hear outrage over that deal...

Moderation Message:

If you don't want to discuss the OP,
shop elsewhere. All replies in this thread
need to have some relevance to the topic.

You may state opinions on the source, not on the
posters as one-liners if that is your level of contribution.

Violations will be issued for folks intent on just heckling.

flacaltenn

maobama is not only an amateur, he's an arrogant, incompetent, amateur. He has kept himself detached and willfully uninformed, every decision is weighed on the scale of politics. Just two and a half years left. We will survive him, but it will take decades to undo the damage he inflicted.

Last edited:
Well good ol' Bush negotiated and hired Sunni terrorist in Iraq, but we never hear outrage over that deal...

So you are defending Obama by bringing up Bush?

I'm not defending anyone...I do think that they did what was necessary to help soldiers. War is not the same thing as setting at a computer and punching keys, it's a scary deadly deal. I wish all the POW's during Nam returned, same as with WWII and the soldiers left behind in Soviet Union.
I betcha these fellows that were released have tracking devices implanted on the bodies.

So you are defending Obama by bringing up Bush?

No, it's called deflection. The left refuses to acknowledge the criminal behavior of their dear leader, to do that they would have to admit they screwed up, that will never happen.

criminality does not fit what happened...if you hate the US soldiers so bad that do our dirty work, then I suggest you stop sitting on the fence and do what is right..

criminality does not fit what happened...if you hate the US soldiers so bad that do our dirty work, then I suggest you stop sitting on the fence and do what is right..

I did my 20+ years how about you? There is no question that your dear leader violated the very law he signed, on top of that he endangered national security and the men still in Afghanistan by releasing the taliban dream team. If you think those 5 are sitting on their hands while living in luxury condos with their families, your delusional.

Forum List

Back