Am i the only one who thinks it's GOOD the government shuts down?

How about we just focus on the moron in the oval office now and not the two morons that were there before him.
Real butt hurt knowing Obama set many new actions a President can make. Your selective outrage is most entertaining.

selective outrage? I think that the last 3 presidents (including this one) and you are all morons. Where is anything selective?

Why are you fixated on Obama? Did you have the hots for him? Do you dream about him drilling you at night?

You are as pathetic as the Dems that could not let Bush II go. You and people like you that cannot move past things are the problem with this country.
Don’t get your panties in a wad just because I bring up the last President who shut the government down.

Again, who cares and what difference does it make who did it "last"? We need to worry about what is happening now, not what happened 5 years ago.
I prefer to learn from history and obviously you love to remain ignorant.

You are not learning from history you using it as an excuse to stick your head in the sand to what is happening today

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Real butt hurt knowing Obama set many new actions a President can make. Your selective outrage is most entertaining.

selective outrage? I think that the last 3 presidents (including this one) and you are all morons. Where is anything selective?

Why are you fixated on Obama? Did you have the hots for him? Do you dream about him drilling you at night?

You are as pathetic as the Dems that could not let Bush II go. You and people like you that cannot move past things are the problem with this country.
Don’t get your panties in a wad just because I bring up the last President who shut the government down.

Again, who cares and what difference does it make who did it "last"? We need to worry about what is happening now, not what happened 5 years ago.

You are not learning from history you using it as an excuse to stick your head in the sand to what is happening today

OP and what occurred 5 years ago dovetail each other.

What Obama did five years ago has nothing to do with what is happening today unless your point is that Trump is no different from Obama.

What Obama did five years ago has nothing to do with what is happening today unless your point is that Trump is no different from Obama.

then he should let it shut down. not much going to happen though. money still comes in to pay bills. a big misnomer.

The Obama shutdown represented what happens when two different parties fight over running the governnent.

The Trump shutdown represents what happens when you put the GOP in charge.

then he should let it shut down. not much going to happen though. money still comes in to pay bills. a big misnomer.

Part of any government shutdown represents paying thousands of federal workers to sit at home and do nothing.

Part of any government shutdown represents paying thousands of federal workers to sit at home and do nothing.
why do they need to sit at home if they are paid?

They sit at home because the government is closed except for "essential services". But then after it is all over nobody in congress is willing to punish people due to their own incompetence (it would be bad for reelection) so they authorize back pay for the time missed.

I will add before anyone makes a fool of themselves that just because something may not be an "essential service" that it is not needed. To to this I will harken back to my days in the Marines. During my 20 years I went through 15 or more hurricanes/typhoons. During each of these they shut down the base and restrict everyone to their quarters except for "essential personnel". The fact that some Marines were not needed to do their job during the typhoon does not mean that we did not need them at all, it meant that for a short time their work could be put on hold. The same holds true for the government.

Not really. Of course it had an impact on me, but I didn't notice it. Seems to be about the same as what you said, the govt shut down, you didn't really notice it, but it would have had an impact on your life whether you noticed it or not.
If you didn't notice it had no impact.

I have relative I have never met. If they all died 10 minutes from now it would have no impact on me whatsoever

That's rubbish. Of course it had an impact. It had an impact on my mother, it had an impact on me because I would have gone to stay with him had he been alive, I might have got to know him, he might have changed my view on things. You seriously can't have such a shallow mind, can you?

Maybe might have would have could have yada yada

The fact is none of that happened you yourself said you didn't know the man. and you can't say for certain any of those maybe might haves would have come to be.

The problem here is that there's a difference between what happened and what could have happened. You're saying that something didn't have an impact. You're saying that if something doesn't happen, it doesn't have an impact.

So, if a child doesn't have an education, it doesn't have an impact on their life because it's something that COULD HAVE HAPPENED.

Bullshit. You're just arguing for the hell of it

No you just are always convinced you are right.

If we take your example of a dead relative that you never met, might never meet as having some impact on your life then the death of each of the 7 billion people on the planet can be said to have an impact on your life and we know that is just not true.

Your education example fails because there is the assumption that a person cannot educate himself

Well, in this case I'd be right. You're so wrong it's painful.

Ask Congress

The workers would rather be on the job

Sure they would. We would all love to be working for money instead of getting paid for sitting home. :beer:

Ask Congress

Sure they would. We would all love to be working for money instead of getting paid for sitting home. :beer:
I was a Govt worker
I would rather be on the job

Ask Congress

I was a Govt worker

I am a Govt worker and I would rather be on the job.

If you didn't notice it had no impact.

I have relative I have never met. If they all died 10 minutes from now it would have no impact on me whatsoever

That's rubbish. Of course it had an impact. It had an impact on my mother, it had an impact on me because I would have gone to stay with him had he been alive, I might have got to know him, he might have changed my view on things. You seriously can't have such a shallow mind, can you?

Maybe might have would have could have yada yada

The fact is none of that happened you yourself said you didn't know the man. and you can't say for certain any of those maybe might haves would have come to be.

The problem here is that there's a difference between what happened and what could have happened. You're saying that something didn't have an impact. You're saying that if something doesn't happen, it doesn't have an impact.

So, if a child doesn't have an education, it doesn't have an impact on their life because it's something that COULD HAVE HAPPENED.

Bullshit. You're just arguing for the hell of it

No you just are always convinced you are right.

If we take your example of a dead relative that you never met, might never meet as having some impact on your life then the death of each of the 7 billion people on the planet can be said to have an impact on your life and we know that is just not true.

Your education example fails because there is the assumption that a person cannot educate himself

Well, in this case I'd be right. You're so wrong it's painful.

That's funny.

It's also very sad that you have to "win" on the internet to feel good about yourself.

Tell me of the millions of people that died yesterday which 100000 impacted your life the most

Ask Congress

I was a Govt worker

I am a Govt worker and I would rather be on the job.
not sure why you wouldn't be.

The Government ain't gonna shut down. The Swamp Creatures will come to an 'agreement.' It always does. Both Parties love spending other peoples' money. They love the power. It is what it is.
they have a Job to do.

Yup, Swamp Creatures love the power too much to shut Government down. They absolutely love the power of spending other folks' money. And they're doing such a wonderful job. We're only $21 Trillion in Debt. We should definitely give them even more of our hard-earned money. :ack-1:

Unfortunately for you, parks are not considered "essential government services"
So you pay overtime to park employees to shutdown public streets and sidewalks so the public can't use them because government funding has ended.

Only in leftardia does that make sense.

It was the Republicans who orchestrated the shutdown, dope.
That is a lie. Republicans can't orchestrate changing a toilet paper roll.

Liar.

During Barack Obama's presidency, the United States federal government shutdown of 2013ran from October 1 to 16, 2013. The primary issue of dispute between the Republican-controlled House of Representatives and the Democratic Senate was the Republicans' desire to delay or defund the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act(Obamacare), signed into law in 2010.[2] A bill to end the shutdown and fund federal agencies through January 15, 2014, passed the Senate and the House and was signed into law on October 17, 2013.[3] Standard & Poor's, the financial ratings agency, stated on October 16 that the shutdown had "to date has taken $24 billion out of the economy," and "shaved at least 0.6 percent off annualized fourth-quarter 2013 GDP growth.
Obama came up with billions to give Iran without Congress. It was his choice to shutdown the government.

What?

The Government ain't gonna shut down. The Swamp Creatures will come to an 'agreement.' It always does. Both Parties love spending other peoples' money. They love the power. It is what it is.
they have a Job to do.

Yup, Swamp Creatures love the power too much to shut Government down. They absolutely love the power of spending other folks' money. And they're doing such a wonderful job. We're only $21 Trillion in Debt. We should definitely give them even more of our hard-earned money. :ack-1:

Government is of the people, by the people and for the people

It is our money and our debt

So you pay overtime to park employees to shutdown public streets and sidewalks so the public can't use them because government funding has ended.

Only in leftardia does that make sense.

It was the Republicans who orchestrated the shutdown, dope.
That is a lie. Republicans can't orchestrate changing a toilet paper roll.

Liar.

During Barack Obama's presidency, the United States federal government shutdown of 2013ran from October 1 to 16, 2013. The primary issue of dispute between the Republican-controlled House of Representatives and the Democratic Senate was the Republicans' desire to delay or defund the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act(Obamacare), signed into law in 2010.[2] A bill to end the shutdown and fund federal agencies through January 15, 2014, passed the Senate and the House and was signed into law on October 17, 2013.[3] Standard & Poor's, the financial ratings agency, stated on October 16 that the shutdown had "to date has taken $24 billion out of the economy," and "shaved at least 0.6 percent off annualized fourth-quarter 2013 GDP growth.
Obama came up with billions to give Iran without Congress. It was his choice to shutdown the government.

What?
What’s hard for you to grasp? Obama came up with billions to give to terrorists without Congress.

Forum List

Back