Am I a Conservative or a Liberal?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gbernice, Jun 20, 2011.

1. gbernice

gbernice Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    End capital gains tax
    Make a flat rate income tax at 17%
    Get rid of tax loopholes.
    Eliminate the corporate tax.
    Get the government out of marriage. I actually support legalizing gay marriage but I don't want churches to be sued for not marrying gays or religious adoption agencies to be sued for not allowing gays to adopt children , we need a balance.
    Keep abortion legal
    Eliminate 50% of the federal government. We need a military, but we spend too much on it.
    Get rid of welfare, phase out medicare, and privatize social security
    end the federal reserve immediately. return to the gold standard.
    I support predator drone strikes against terrorists but I don't want our boys fighting for the freedoms of other peoples, thus i opposed the iraq war and i oppose the libyan war.
    I like Israel, I really do, but we need to put America first. Israel is baggage on us in the minds of arabs. I say cut off funding to them and all other foreign countries, but back them if they attack Iran. Also don't tell them what to do with their borders (like obama did), that aint our business.
    * Ahmadenijad must be taken out. He poses a major threat to U.S. security. You must grab radical islam by the roots if you want to destroy it, and the roots are in Iran.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,790
    The conservative/liberal dichotomy is puppet theater. The sooner we get over it the better.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Londoner

Londoner Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,711
    libertarian fiscally & socially. military centrist. I almost want to say cold war liberal because I think you would a been an JFK/LBJ anticommunist, i.e., hardline but pragmatic, i.e., not a paranoid lunatic like McCarthy or any of the post-isolantist far right crazies that lead us to the Bush Doctrine . . . which had us attacking, demolishing, and rebuilding whole "countries" in order to fight stateless terror cells.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  4. liebuster

liebuster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100
    You sound like a Libertarian..... mostly..... but I have some problems with your tax rate, the murdering of babies and your assumption that a turd world country dictator poses a threat to a country with 1000s of nuclear warheads.

5. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    You are neither and both but most importantly you are a person with your own thoughts and opinions.

I will dig up a link to my favorite political orientation test if you would like to take one.

Just remember it does not define you.

6. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
  7. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    This makes no sense – states write the marriage (contract) laws.

8. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,790
    there are other options.

9. Londoner

Londoner Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,711
    Not sure, but I think he meant the removal of Big Government from the "content" or value decisions of consenting adults. Meaning: as much as possible, we should let free adult individuals decide the content of their union, provided they do not harm other people. The LAST thing we want in charge of our religious or marital choices is Big Government. Government should only play a minimalist or formal role in marriage - handing out contracts but giving FREE consenting adults the maximum power to define their lives and love. Obviously there needs to be some rules, but people who believe in freedom generally want government to err on the side of giving free individuals more control over the content of their lives.

Of course, this freedom will never happen because Republicans want Big Brother's greasy moral hands all over the lives of free individuals. They want to put a Moral Bureaucrat in every bedroom. Republicans crave big government. They always have. When it comes to their military or religious or domestic-security agenda, The Right wants Washington to be more powerful than LBJ ever dreamed. They don't want Washington to control just the 50 states -- nope, they want Washington to control the globe with it's pre-emptive freedom bombs on "evil doers".

" Hi Iraq, I'm from the American Government and I'm here to help."

The only time they advocate small government is when GE is polluting the Hudson or the SEC is trying to regulate the derivatives market. How noble.

What a joke.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  10. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,963
    Your quiz was interesting but it needs an indifferent option.