Am I a Conservative or a Liberal?

1. End capital gains tax -
  2. Make a flat rate income tax at 17%
  3. Get rid of tax loopholes.
  4. Eliminate the corporate tax.
  5. Get the government out of marriage. I actually support legalizing gay marriage but I don't want churches to be sued for not marrying gays or religious adoption agencies to be sued for not allowing gays to adopt children , we need a balance.
  6. Keep abortion legal
  7. Eliminate 50% of the federal government. We need a military, but we spend too much on it.
  8. Get rid of welfare, phase out medicare, and privatize social security
  9. end the federal reserve immediately. return to the gold standard.
  10. I support predator drone strikes against terrorists but I don't want our boys fighting for the freedoms of other peoples, thus i opposed the iraq war and i oppose the libyan war.
  11. I like Israel, I really do, but we need to put America first. Israel is baggage on us in the minds of arabs. I say cut off funding to them and all other foreign countries, but back them if they attack Iran. Also don't tell them what to do with their borders (like obama did), that aint our business.
  12. * Ahmadenijad must be taken out. He poses a major threat to U.S. security. You must grab radical islam by the roots if you want to destroy it, and the roots are in Iran

1. conservative
  2. libertarian
  3. liberal/conservative/libertarian
  4. conservative
  5. libertarian
  6. libertarian/liberal
  7. conservative/libertarian
  8. libertarian
  9. libertarian
  10. libertarian/liberal
  11. liberal/libertarian
  12. conservative

To me it seems you decide where you stand on issues based of personal values and beliefs instead of a set of "party line positions"

This makes you an American, not a liberal or conservative but a red-blooded american.

Dont let the left/right, liberal/conservative, democrat/republican labels get in the way of you believing what you feel is right about each individual issue.

You sound closest to a libertarian if you want a lablel which is neither conservative nor liberal.

Last edited:
End capital gains tax
Make a flat rate income tax at 17%
Get rid of tax loopholes.
Eliminate the corporate tax.
Get the government out of marriage. I actually support legalizing gay marriage but I don't want churches to be sued for not marrying gays or religious adoption agencies to be sued for not allowing gays to adopt children , we need a balance.
Keep abortion legal
Eliminate 50% of the federal government. We need a military, but we spend too much on it.
Get rid of welfare, phase out medicare, and privatize social security
end the federal reserve immediately. return to the gold standard.
I support predator drone strikes against terrorists but I don't want our boys fighting for the freedoms of other peoples, thus i opposed the iraq war and i oppose the libyan war.
I like Israel, I really do, but we need to put America first. Israel is baggage on us in the minds of arabs. I say cut off funding to them and all other foreign countries, but back them if they attack Iran. Also don't tell them what to do with their borders (like obama did), that aint our business.
* Ahmadenijad must be taken out. He poses a major threat to U.S. security. You must grab radical islam by the roots if you want to destroy it, and the roots are in Iran.

You sound like a raging homosexual.

Republitards are very liberal in a lot of things and don't even know it, do you Republitards really think that unregulated free markets where big businesses can do what they like and having a misguided view of the Second Amendment in which everyone can have unrestricted ownership of firearms are both "conservative" views by nature? No, those views sound very damn liberal to me.

Republitards are very liberal in a lot of things and don't even know it, do you Republitards really think that unregulated free markets where big businesses can do what they like and having a misguided view of the Second Amendment in which everyone can have unrestricted ownership of firearms are both "conservative" views by nature? No, those views sound very damn liberal to me.

both sides are like that which is why i dont identify with either ;)

I think you are still confused. It is the libtards that are trying to get rid of the guns in violation of the second amendment.

I think you are still confused. It is the libtards that are trying to get rid of the guns in violation of the second amendment.

Our current military configuration is already in violation of the Constitution.

The army was meant to be temporary, decentralized, voluntary and drawn from militias (Which are under the authority of Congress during peacetime)..

Hence the second amendment. Which is now the most woefully misinterpreted one, thanks to conservatives. And thanks to conservatives that misinterpretation is responsible for the deaths of some 40K Americans each year.

No big deal..right?

To be self aware of the changes going on around you and not liking it and willing to stick to your position I would call that person a Conservative. Because sometimes change in the form that we have now is not good.

Really? Then why does Apple keep coming out with a new phone every 6 months?

And........a change in form is EXACTLY what we need when we reach a stalemate. Same thing with taking care of the planet, because right now, a lot of really screwy weather patterns are forming, and yeah........I kinda think that mankind has something to do with it.

No wonder you only served 1 term, change scares you apparently.

The conservative/liberal dichotomy is puppet theater. The sooner we get over it the better.

Yes, but when? If the Republicans do gain complete control again, from the president on down, the Democrats will be just as polarizing. The attitudes are fixed, and I don't see anyone changing their minds until we get a true representation by someone truly Independent, and he/she would have to run on an Independent ticket after establishing the mechanisms and foundation for a new political party, mainly a source for funding of any new party. For several presidential cycles, I've been saying it's time to establish an Independent Party, and sometimes legitimate partnerships take place to get the ball rolling (Unity08 was one), but they fall flat when they run out of money.

You sound like a Libertarian..... mostly..... but I have some problems with your tax rate, the murdering of babies and your assumption that a turd world country dictator poses a threat to a country with 1000s of nuclear warheads.

There are still going to be many areas of disagreement, regardless how the political process goes forward.

5. Get the government out of marriage. I actually support legalizing gay marriage but I don't want churches to be sued for not marrying gays or religious adoption agencies to be sued for not allowing gays to adopt children , we need a balance.
  6. Keep abortion legal
  7. Eliminate 50% of the federal government. We need a military, but we spend too much on it.
  10. I support predator drone strikes against terrorists but I don't want our boys fighting for the freedoms of other peoples, thus i opposed the iraq war and i oppose the libyan war.
  11. I like Israel, I really do, but we need to put America first. Israel is baggage on us in the minds of arabs. I say cut off funding to them and all other foreign countries, but back them if they attack Iran. Also don't tell them what to do with their borders (like obama did), that aint our business.
  12. * Ahmadenijad must be taken out. He poses a major threat to U.S. security. You must grab radical islam by the roots if you want to destroy it, and the roots are in Iran

1. conservative
  2. libertarian
  4. conservative
  5. libertarian
  6. libertarian/liberal
  8. libertarian
  9. libertarian
  10. libertarian/liberal
  11. liberal/libertarian
  12. conservative

To me it seems you decide where you stand on issues based of personal values and beliefs instead of a set of "party line positions"

This makes you an American, not a liberal or conservative but a red-blooded american.

Dont let the left/right, liberal/conservative, democrat/republican labels get in the way of you believing what you feel is right about each individual issue.

You sound closest to a libertarian if you want a lablel which is neither conservative nor liberal.

Unfortunately the polarized positions of not just our elected officials, but the general public (at least those interested in politics) don't dare speak openly about how they might feel if it is contrary to the acceptable, politically correct position of their party preference. I'm glad to see some newer people here actually taking on that challenge. It's inconceivable that the right is always right and the left is always wrong, and vice versa.

6. Keep abortion legal

1. conservative
  2. libertarian
  4. conservative
  5. libertarian
  6. libertarian/liberal
  8. libertarian
  9. libertarian
  10. libertarian/liberal
  11. liberal/libertarian
  12. conservative

Unfortunately the polarized positions of not just our elected officials, but the general public (at least those interested in politics) don't dare speak openly about how they might feel if it is contrary to the acceptable, politically correct position of their party preference. I'm glad to see some newer people here actually taking on that challenge. It's inconceivable that the right is always right and the left is always wrong, and vice versa.

Yep. That's why after 20 years of being mostly republican, when I retired and actually was able to pay attention to the news completely, I decided to register as Independent. Why? Because the tax cuts (from the GOP) are what is tearing this country down. Make 'em pay their fair share (like Clinton did).

Additionally, there are some Democrats that I positively can't stand. Harry Reid is one of 'em, and Pelosi is another.

Reason I don't like politicians nowadays? Because most of 'em lie about something or other, and then tell me that they "misspoke".

Bullshit.

The conservative/liberal dichotomy is puppet theater. The sooner we get over it the better.

Yes, but when?

It won't happen until we get a critical mass of voters past the 'lesser of two evils' mentality.

For several presidential cycles, I've been saying it's time to establish an Independent Party, and sometimes legitimate partnerships take place to get the ball rolling

As unlikely as it may seem to some, I see a lot of potential for progressives and libertarians to work together. Ron Paul and Ralph Nadar set a good example in '08, promoting alternatives to the Republocrats, but they got started too late. The key is to realize that progressives and libertarians don't need to agree on everything to effect the most important changes they seek. We can agree to set aside the issues of economic regulation and social safety nets, and instead focus on eliminating corporate welfare, imperialistic foreign policy and police state domestic policy, and making a real dent in the stagnant two-party system.

Last edited:
The difference between a man and a liberal

A man wants to take care of himself and his family
A liberal wants the governments help
A man knows the American Dream takes hard work and is not handed to him
A liberal expects the American Dream to be handed to him (paid for by someone else)
A man owns a gun to defend his home, family and property
A liberal wants to take the gun away
A man does not want a handout
A liberal always has his hand out
A man wants to make his own decision
A man wants to selects his own healthcare policy that is right for him and his family
A man expects the government to be fiscally responsible with his tax dollars
A liberal calls for more and more spending
A man can decide if he wants to wear a helmet on his bike or not
A liberal wants the governments to make policy for him
If a man owns his own restaurant and he wants to make his own smoking policy
A liberal wants the government to make policy for him
A man works hard for his paycheck
A liberal wants to redistribute his wealth
A man values his freedom and independence
The liberals are trying to take that a way from us

Remember BIG government or Freedom - You can't have both

Yes, but when?

It won't happen until we get a critical mass of voters past the 'lesser of two evils' mentality.

For several presidential cycles, I've been saying it's time to establish an Independent Party, and sometimes legitimate partnerships take place to get the ball rolling

As unlikely as it may seem to some, I see a lot of potential for progressives and libertarians to work together. Ron Paul and Ralph Nadar set a good example in '08, promoting alternatives to the Republocrats, but they got started too late. The key is to realize that progressives and libertarians don't need to agree on everything to effect the most important changes they seek. We can agree to set aside the issues of economic regulation and social safety nets, and instead focus on eliminating corporate welfare, imperialistic foreign policy and police state domestic policy, and making a real dent in the stagnant two-party system.

But the problem remains the same: 535 people constantly bickering over the fine points and smaller wedge issues rather than taking on the long-term problems with a vengeance. Before you know it, they've run out of time and devote all their time running for reelection (to do the same thing all over again). First WASHINGTON has to start acting grown up and setting the stage for attitude changes on Main Street.

First WASHINGTON has to start acting grown up and setting the stage for attitude changes on Main Street.

I don't see anything changing if we wait on 'Washington'. They're all quite content with current arrangement. Despite their petty squabbles, the Dems and Republicans are both quite happy with the current arrangement of 'power sharing'.

6. Keep abortion legal

1. conservative
  2. libertarian
  4. conservative
  5. libertarian
  6. libertarian/liberal
  8. libertarian
  9. libertarian
  10. libertarian/liberal
  11. liberal/libertarian
  12. conservative

Im glad to see it too as this is how I try to be.

Our current military configuration is already in violation of the Constitution.

The army was meant to be temporary, decentralized, voluntary and drawn from militias (Which are under the authority of Congress during peacetime)..

Hence the second amendment. Which is now the most woefully misinterpreted one, thanks to conservatives. And thanks to conservatives that misinterpretation is responsible for the deaths of some 40K Americans each year.

No big deal..right?

Guess we need to get rid of Cars as well due to the 33,780 deaths they caused last year right?

Forum List

Back