Alright Democrats, explain to me how in principle this is different than Iraq

It's insane that the conservatives can't get their act together. Which is it? Should Obammy stay out so we spend money on ourselves...or go in and take the lead the way the U.S. "should always do" ?

You people can't even agree amongst yourselves about how Obammy's doing it wrong.

You know, one could say that is because unlike liberals/Democrats, conservatives think for themselves and don't just agree on everything accepting the parties "Talking Points" as being gospel and just following along with whatever the party tells them to do.

Immie

LOL I'm all for the Calls of Impeachment by the Dem's over Obama Illegal action's seems to me given how the left felt about Bush that they as well would support the same Calls of Impeachment.

Or does the Hypocrisy of the left allow for that?

Just saying

There are some slight differences..

The left called for impeachment proceedings because Bush lied about his reason for attacking Iraq (Smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud) and engaged in torture

Bush lied? Got an example?

Libyans asked the UN to intervene.

The UN voted to intervene.

We signed a UN charter.

The detractors of this UN action dont have a law to stand on

LOL I'm all for the Calls of Impeachment by the Dem's over Obama Illegal action's seems to me given how the left felt about Bush that they as well would support the same Calls of Impeachment.

Or does the Hypocrisy of the left allow for that?

Just saying

There are some slight differences..

The left called for impeachment proceedings because Bush lied about his reason for attacking Iraq (Smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud) and engaged in torture

Torture is still taking place, google extraordinary rendition. We just have our suspects tortured in other countries, it's better for p-r.

So you think the only reason why we're getting involved militarily in Libya is to save poor civilians? Then how do you explain us doing nothing or even being allied with other countries who do the exact same thing or worse to their civilians?

And that means you have not read my posts.

This is a UN action and not an OBAMA lead attack.

You being completely partisan want to pretend this is not a UN action.

Bush went in against the UNs vote.

Remember the "coalition of the willing" ?

It was a bullshit concoction to cover his ass for having the UN turn down his calls to bomb Iraq.

The world obdy refused to accept his doctered intell.

Obama did not call for this action the Libyan people asked for help.

The UN voted to help them.

Lie all you want and dont expect thinking people to swallow your lies.

And that means you have not read my posts.

This is a UN action and not an OBAMA lead attack.

You being completely partisan want to pretend this is not a UN action.

Bush went in against the UNs vote.

Remember the "coalition of the willing" ?

It was a bullshit concoction to cover his ass for having the UN turn down his calls to bomb Iraq.

The world obdy refused to accept his doctered intell.

Obama did not call for this action the Libyan people asked for help.

The UN voted to help them.

Lie all you want and dont expect thinking people to swallow your lies.

Partisan? Towards what party? I hate both and don't vote for either.

What about the other civilians in other countries who "cry for help"? Why are we choosing to help Libyans (as you see it) and ignoring the other civilians? Surely a great man and president like Obama would reach out to help any civilians who are being unjustly murdered, right?

The differance is they have not asked the UN to step in.

Truth you seem really nice, but I don't think you'd disagree with Obama if he told you the sky was red.
photos-of-Sea-Stacks-Knife-a-Blood-Red-Sky-Olympic-Nation-pictures.jpg

It's insane that the conservatives can't get their act together. Which is it? Should Obammy stay out so we spend money on ourselves...or go in and take the lead the way the U.S. "should always do" ?

You people can't even agree amongst yourselves about how Obammy's doing it wrong.

You know, one could say that is because unlike liberals/Democrats, conservatives think for themselves and don't just agree on everything accepting the parties "Talking Points" as being gospel and just following along with whatever the party tells them to do.

Immie

That almost sounds reasonable...until you realize that your "side" will be coming at him no matter what the situation is. At least come to some consensus before you attack the man.

Then you remember that conservatives are usually the KINGS of taking one sound byte and pounding it home to middle America. That's been their strength over the last 2 years.

The people of Lybia cried fout for our help in ridding themselves of a brutal dictator.

They did? When? Who was this spokesperon?

I thought I had heard somewhere that they refused to meet with Hillary... That could be something else though.

LIBYA IS NOT OBAMA'S ILLEGAL WAR.

This is not Obama's war, He did not declare war on Libya therefore did not need approval of Congress.
The actions against Libya is backed by 128 nations. Who backed Bush's invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan? Cheney and Rumsfeld. And they gave false infomation to Congress to get their approval. And used Colin Powell and later quit.
This is not Obama's war, not illegal and not unilaterally. Like Wyatt Earp's invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.
There will be absolutely no US involvement beyond air strikes. Others will take it from there.

Perhaps you could point out where in the Constitution it says we can go to war without Congress's approval if the action is backed by other nations?

Immie

That almost sounds reasonable...until you realize that your "side" will be coming at him no matter what the situation is. At least come to some consensus before you attack the man.

Then you remember that conservatives are usually the KINGS of taking one sound byte and pounding it home to middle America. That's been their strength over the last 2 years.

I don't have a side. And I am not attacking him.

I actually support him in this instance although I am concerned that this will lead to ground troops and another long term occupation. I'm praying it does not. I really do not want to be in another Iraq type situation where American soldiers are dying for something that will not change if we are there 1,000 years.

Also, I don't think they (conservatives) should come to a consensus. Why should they all agree to do something that is immature and idiotic? Those that feel he is over stepping his authority should have every right to say so, those that don't feel that way should not be forced to say so because the man in the Oval Office carries a (D) after his name rather than an (R).

Immie

Last edited:
In principle there is virtually no difference, except that what arguable cause there was for invading Iraq is all but non-existent in the case of Lybia.

That would be because we aren't some monolithic group.

I don't think we should be going in. But since we are, it would be nice to see the President actually act like the President. He could atleast address the American people, tell us why he decided to support this action, who the rebels we are supportng, and other important stuff to make his argument. He could go to Congress like He's required to and get the people to support him. Something people who love liberty like our Leaders to do. I mean we are likely going to have to pay some or all of this despite what promises we might have from the Arab League. It would be nice to see some leadership for the money we are paying.

Congress approved the UN charter.

They voted long ago for us to join just such actions.

Keep lying to yourself about this if you are so dishonest.

Dont expect thinking people to accept your lies.

Ok then stop pretending it's about protecting civilians when they cry out for help.

If civilians are being ruthlessly murdered by a dictator, you're ok with it as long as there's no UN charter. If the UN tells us to do something, you want us to. Has nothing to do with dead civilians, so please stop pulling the morality card.

There are lots of legitimate reasons to be unhappy with the President's actions.

We aren't going to bury our head in the sand because you don't like it.

I don't think the Constitution provides Congress with the authority to delagate their power to declare war to the UN.

Ok then stop pretending it's about protecting civilians when they cry out for help.

If civilians are being ruthlessly murdered by a dictator, you're ok with it as long as there's no UN charter. If the UN tells us to do something, you want us to. Has nothing to do with dead civilians, so please stop pulling the morality card.

Please understand that its not an argressive move on a countries sovernty when they people ask the world for help and the world votes to help.

going in unasked is

Forum List

Back