Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

Trash about your wife? I think it's very nice she took on a charity case like you. I'm talking trash about you, deadbeat.

I find it funny you talk like you do when my Wife wouldnt give trash like you the time of day.
She's a staunch Conservative and would spit in your face at the first opportunity.
I'm just glad she is charitable.

She also knows how to shoot a gun....from the hip with a shotgun.
You should be thankful she's charitable since you're a target in her mind.
That's cute. She protects you too. You are quite the princess.

Come on over pip squeak. The Wife can blow you away or I can.
Although the Wife perforating you would have more comedy value.
And she'd laugh while your dumbass was bleeding out.

Come on franco!!!
Are you serious or a pussy?

So you're still a punk.
I stopped needing a job almost a decade ago.
Good luck spooge.
Yeah, lotta you deadbeats out there.

Oh man are you jealous.....
Nope, I couldn't waste my talents being supported by a sugar momma. That's just sad.

So tell me little pussy?
Where did you come up with your so called info?
My Wife will tell you you're full of shit.
So go ahead and talk trash about my Wife and see what happens.

Come on franco!!
Give me some real info.
I am not involved in your little pissing contest. Real info Hillary Obama and Democrats are honest the GOP is the swamp everything you know is wrong. Worst inequality and Worst upward mobility in our history and anywhere in the modern world by far. Thanks GOP and silly dupes like you.

Part of this is because employers have never had such an easy time finding incredibly qualified hard working employees. It's so easy to replace workers so companies get rid of their best employees before they are due for a raise. It's an employers market. This is leading to overqualified work until ready to drop workers filling low pay jobs.

Finding employees in the current market is very difficult. We are now at a point where there are more jobs than workers.

Not sure where you are getting your info.

Reagan had nothing to do with it

ah, Ray....>>>
Reagan fires 11,000 striking air traffic controllers Aug. 5, 1981

Unions lost support of the people when they seen their jobs move overseas partly due to union greed.

More globalization , in/out sourcing made them uncompetetive

~S~

The headline left out one important detail. The word "illegally" needed to be inserted between "11.000" and "striking". Reagan warned the that could not paralyze the air travel industry by an illegal strike. They didn't listen, so they were fired.

So what does employees pay have to do with what a CEO makes? It's totally irrelevant.
Payroll is limitless? Really?

Where did I even imply that?
Well if payroll is limited then it is relevant.

I don't see how. You people on the left seem to look at companies like some giant commune, where everybody pitches in and is equally rewarded. If you cut CEO pay in half, you will get less talent, and it doesn't change the value of the worker. So why would you pay a worker more than they are worth? You would opt to pay that worker fair wage for their talents, and give the rest of the money to your stockholders if anything.

So what is your work worth? Your value is what your employer can find other people to do the same quality of work. That's how much you are worth.

If you sweep floors for a living, anybody can do that. Your pay is based on how many other people can do that job, and since it requires no talent or skill, the pay will be lower. If you have a skilled job such as an electrician or plumber, many less people can do that job, and that means your employer can't replace you with a worker for less money. He or she has to pay you what others are willing to do that job for. Same with an engineer or architect. Even less people can do that job, so they make more money because it's much harder to replace them.

So do tell, why would an employer pay an employee more money than they could hire somebody else for? You don't do it for the people that work for you, so it's hypocritical to say others should.
I don't disagree, but I don't see any economic or social negative in taxing progressively to pay for what unions once bargained for. Profits are up, and wages are down.

Wages are NOT down. Why do you lie?

Anyone can start a company and be a ceo,

Sure they can, but how many actually do? The point being that union bosses are extremely well paid, and probably don't have a quarter of education and experience that a CEO does. But you people on the left never complain about pay with your own people.

Let me ask: Do you think it's proper that a star pitcher make 6 million a year, while the beer vendor makes ten bucks an hour, or the popcorn man, or the parking lot attendant? Do you think it's fair when the baseball team owner makes more than all of them combined?

I was a fan of the show Big Bang Theory. So I looked up some information about the cast. Turns out the star actors and actresses on that show earned a million dollars an episode. Plus they get other residuals such as rerun money on other networks. How much work goes into making a half-hour show when you exclude commercials? They work about ten minutes an episode each.

So how much is the lighting crew paid, the hair dressers, the makeup artists, the stage crew?

But you people on the left have no problem going to a basketball game or movie. Those are multi-millionaire you approve of.
And they get workers better pay and don’t ship jobs off to China. So awful.

Who gets better pay? The point is that everybody gets paid what they are worth, not based on what the main players make. You complain about Chinese made products, but I'm willing to bet you would never pay $3,000 for a flat screen television made in the US compared to a similar television made overseas for $1,200.

Producers only produce products Americans want, and we as the American consumers demand cheap products, regardless where they are made, or even the quality of the item.

When you and all those people at Walmart demand better made US products, that's when you'll see them on the shelves. Until that time, you can't complain about workers wages and then run out to Target and buy a 50 foot string of Christmas lights for eight bucks because it's made in India.
Products made on America will cost more

But not $3000 for a flatscreen tv

My figures may not be accurate, but it still points to the problem we have in this country. I bought an iPhone X last year. I paid about a thousand bucks for it.

How Much Would a 'Made in America' iPhone Cost? Too Much. | Mark J. Perry
I dont how much more the made in America iPhone would cost

But the difference would go to American workers and boost the American economy at the expense of china

But the AFL-CIO report neglected to include the average salary for all CEOs in the U.S. in 2016, which, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, was $194,350. These same union leaders who criticize the salaries of CEOs earned on average $252,370 in 2016 — nearly $60,000 more than their private-sector counterparts.

It was only in the third paragraph of my link.
Anyone can start a company and be a ceo,

Sure they can, but how many actually do? The point being that union bosses are extremely well paid, and probably don't have a quarter of education and experience that a CEO does. But you people on the left never complain about pay with your own people.

Let me ask: Do you think it's proper that a star pitcher make 6 million a year, while the beer vendor makes ten bucks an hour, or the popcorn man, or the parking lot attendant? Do you think it's fair when the baseball team owner makes more than all of them combined?

I was a fan of the show Big Bang Theory. So I looked up some information about the cast. Turns out the star actors and actresses on that show earned a million dollars an episode. Plus they get other residuals such as rerun money on other networks. How much work goes into making a half-hour show when you exclude commercials? They work about ten minutes an episode each.

So how much is the lighting crew paid, the hair dressers, the makeup artists, the stage crew?

But you people on the left have no problem going to a basketball game or movie. Those are multi-millionaire you approve of.
And they get workers better pay and don’t ship jobs off to China. So awful.
I have seen libs argue that trade with china is good because it lifted millions of chinese out of poverty

They are completely out of touch with reality
China sends us their resources for almost nothing, what’s the problem?
I would not call the $500 billion that china profits from trade with America nothing

And it means fewer jobs for American workers

I have seen libs argue that trade with china is good because it lifted millions of chinese out of poverty

They are completely out of touch with reality

They are also the people here (and other places) who bitch about Trump's tariffs, even though they actually bring more work back to America, and perhaps contribute to increasing wages. But the left cries about how much more those tariffs are costing US consumers.
If the trump tariffs are only hurting Americans why do the chinese dictators want them removed?

Because of decreased sales.

The reason American producers have a hard time competing with China is because of price. The lower price always gets the customers. The tariffs increase the price of Chinese goods, making it less competitive for American made products.
I know price is important

Thats why we need tariffs

At some point consumers will switch to American made products
Tariffs have never worked...
Every country has tariffs because they do work

ah, Ray....>>>

Unions lost support of the people when they seen their jobs move overseas partly due to union greed.

~S~

The headline left out one important detail. The word "illegally" needed to be inserted between "11.000" and "striking". Reagan warned the that could not paralyze the air travel industry by an illegal strike. They didn't listen, so they were fired.

actually>

In 1955, Congress made such strikes punishable by fines or a one-year jail term — a law the Supreme Court upheld in 1971.

<<<,snip>>>>
In carrying out his threat, Reagan also imposed a lifetime ban on rehiring the strikers. In October 1981, the Federal Labor Relations Authority decertified PATCO.

short version, Reagan was , and very publicly, a union buster Admiral

~S~

I would not call the $500 billion that china profits from trade with America nothing

And it means fewer jobs for American workers

ahem>>>

hqdefault.jpg

walmart-low-wages.jpg

~S~

So what does employees pay have to do with what a CEO makes? It's totally irrelevant.
Not really
It relates to the distribution of company profit.
The workers used to get a larger slice of the pie. The amount of profit that goes to workers has decreased, while the amount going to executive compensation has increased

After enough time, corporations realized it was not a successful plan. Paying workers more money does not equal greater profit. Paying a CEO more money does.
Not according to the studies I have seen. Your claim is baseless.
No more baseless than your assumptions that employees will be paid more if a ceo takes a pay cut

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It’s more than just the CEOs but the entire executive sector
The profit is there, workers used to get a larger percentage of the profit in wages and benefits. They no longer do

And if you could force ceos to take lower pay how do you know that money would be used to give employees a raise?

ah, Ray....>>>

~S~

actually>

In 1955, Congress made such strikes punishable by fines or a one-year jail term — a law the Supreme Court upheld in 1971.

<<<,snip>>>>
In carrying out his threat, Reagan also imposed a lifetime ban on rehiring the strikers. In October 1981, the Federal Labor Relations Authority decertified PATCO.

short version, Reagan was , and very publicly, a union buster Admiral

~S~
Reagan was the president of the Screen Actors Guild, a union.

Reagan was a big government guy who managed to convince republicans he was a small government guy

Not really
It relates to the distribution of company profit.
The workers used to get a larger slice of the pie. The amount of profit that goes to workers has decreased, while the amount going to executive compensation has increased

After enough time, corporations realized it was not a successful plan. Paying workers more money does not equal greater profit. Paying a CEO more money does.

Yep...as long as they're good at what they do.
If not they can be fired just like the rest of us if we/they dont live up to expectations.

Correct, and CEO's get fired all the time. I don't know if Crane's still has their magazine out, but in it, there are pages of CEO's who are going to other companies. Those pages are included in every issue. So it's happening all the time.
Yea...they get fired with a Golden Parachute then pop up somewhere else
It's who you know, not performance....
SO what?

You think it's ever been any different?

If you do you're more naive than a 2 year old

Keep telling yourself that if it makes ya feel better.
I've got nothing I need to feel better about. I find it funny you are a mooch though. haha

LOL....you know nothing about my Wife.
If you continue to make assumptions I just might report you.
My Wife gave me Blessings to take a three month adventure through Nevada,Cali and Nevada. I'd guess you cant afford that or your women wont let you do it.
Go ahead and weep ya piss ant. My Wife understands my wanderlust and trusts me to adhere to our wedding vows.
Maybe your boyfriends adherence to clean American values is lacking.
I'm glad you enjoy having a sugar momma.

LOL....keep proving you're weak brain.
I have a job, moocher.
and I'm sure you whine about your salary constantly

It all comes down to if you don't want low wage job don't apply. Most of those jobs don't need to be done anyway. If they are that important the pay will rise

Forum List

Back