Almond milk

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
almond milk.jpeg

I have never tried it. I mostly see blacks buying it so I assume it must be unhealthy.

Almonds aren't mammals, last I looked. So, it isn't technically milk. Nut juice is pretty funny, though. I believe I drank something like almond "milk" in Spain, it was called horchata and was quite tasty. I just laugh quietly when anyone refers to almond, soy, or any other pressed juice as "milk". I guess it makes them feel better because they are drinking something labeled healthy.

I have never tried it. I mostly see blacks buying it so I assume it must be unhealthy.

Almonds are really good for you, no joke. They are an alkaline food which you should add to your diet if you want to help avoid things like cancer.

Almonds are really good for you, no joke. They are an alkaline food which you should add to your diet if you want to help avoid things like cancer.
You can consume almonds without perpetuating the fiction that they make "milk". If it doesn't come from a teat, it isn't true milk.

Almond milk often has added sugar and since most of them come from California, it is generally environmentally iffy because of the large amount of water that goes into growing them in the desert. I buy organic cow's milk when I can from a regional producer. It is a bit of a pain because you have to return the glass bottles or get whacked with a $3 deposit, so I shortcut to supermarket milk more than I would like to just because I don't have a bottle with me to trade in.

Almond milk often has added sugar and since most of them come from California, it is generally environmentally iffy because of the large amount of water that goes into growing them in the desert. I buy organic cow's milk when I can from a regional producer. It is a bit of a pain because you have to return the glass bottles or get whacked with a $3 deposit, so I shortcut to supermarket milk more than I would like to just because I don't have a bottle with me to trade in.
The inconvenience is worth the better quality, though. I milk my own goats and make cheese and yogurt. It's tough to make butter and sour cream, though, because goat's milk is naturally homogenized and separating the milk fat it difficult without a centrifuge.

The inconvenience is worth the better quality, though. I milk my own goats and make cheese and yogurt. It's tough to make butter and sour cream, though, because goat's milk is naturally homogenized and separating the milk fat it difficult without a centrifuge.

We have a community about 20 miles away that does a lot with goat milk, etc. I go there some times but it is a little weird They are an Amish offshoot community that embraces some technology. They are a bit bipolar to deal with. Sometimes they are very welcoming, and other times they are very standoffish toward outsiders.

We have a community about 20 miles away that does a lot with goat milk, etc. I go there some times but it is a little weird They are an Amish offshoot community that embraces some technology. They are a bit bipolar to deal with. Sometimes they are very welcoming, and other times they are very standoffish toward outsiders.
I'm not aware of any Amish communities here but we do have Old Believer Russian Orthodox. They are a lot like Amish, clannish and following old traditions. I think they may be more apt to use technology than the Amish.

Almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk, ALL commonly have sugar smuggled into them in the vast conspiracy to make us all diabetic. You have to specifically search out the "unsweetened" version, and it should be automatic these daze (given above conspiracy) to be checking for that anyway, on everything.

I started doing that as soon as they appeared. Aside from the personal poisoning, unsweetened nut juice lasts longer in the reefer since bacteria thrives on sugars. There's just no reason in the world for sugar to be in there at all.

You can consume almonds without perpetuating the fiction that they make "milk". If it doesn't come from a teat, it isn't true milk.

It's a milk substitute. Used where the primitive use cow's milk --- a bowl of cereal or a baking project, even an evening snack of "milk" and cookies.

Cow's milk is, after all, made for calves.

Almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk, ALL commonly have sugar smuggled into them in the vast conspiracy to make us all diabetic. You have to specifically search out the "unsweetened" version, and it should be automatic these daze (given above conspiracy) to be checking for that anyway, on everything.

I started doing that as soon as they appeared. Aside from the personal poisoning, unsweetened nut juice lasts longer in the reefer since bacteria thrives on sugars. There's just no reason in the world for sugar to be in there at all.
You still have to be cautious with the varieties with no sugar. They often contain chemical sweeteners which are worse than natural sugar.

You know why the Amish don't use telephones?

Because it cuts out the visual cues of face-to-face communication. Which when you think about it is rather wise.

You still have to be cautious with the varieties with no sugar. They often contain chemical sweeteners which are worse than natural sugar.

Not the ones I buy. I'm aware of those sweetners, have never seen them in "milk" products. I've seen them in stuff like processed desserts and snacks. Usually you get a great big warning when it says "SUGAR FREE". That';s the red flag to find out what they used instead.

It's a milk substitute. Used where the primitive use cow's milk --- a bowl of cereal or a baking project, even an evening snack of "milk" and cookies.

OK, milk substitute. It is not, actually. It's nut juice which contains little to none of the nutrients that milk has. And you are correct, cow's milk is meant for calves. You realize that most adult animals cannot consume the milk produced by them for their young?

OK, milk substitute. It is not, actually. It's nut juice which contains little to none of the nutrients that milk has. And you are correct, cow's milk is meant for calves. You realize that most adult animals cannot consume the milk produced by them for their young?

The point is, "Milk" in this branding sense is used to mean "that liquid commonly used for.... (cereal, baking, etc) in Western culture". It isn't intended to mean it comes from something's mother.

Just as a cashew is not a nut. Nor is a peanut.

What is in Almond Milk?
From Silk's Almond Milk.
ALMONDMILK (FILTERED WATER, ALMONDS), CANE SUGAR, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF: VITAMIN & MINERAL BLEND (CALCIUM CARBONATE, VITAMIN E ACETATE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D2), SEA SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, LOCUST BEAN GUM, GELLAN GUM, ASCORBIC ACID (TO PROTECT FRESHNESS).
CONTAINS ALMOND.
Original Almondmilk | Silk®

9 Science-Based Health Benefits of Almond Milk
1. Low in Calories
2. Low in Sugar
3. High in Vitamin E
4. A Good Source of Calcium
5. Often Enriched with Vitamin D
6. Naturally Lactose-Free
7. Dairy-Free and Vegan
8. Low in Phosphorus, With a Moderate Amount of Potassium
9. Very Easy to Add to Your Diet