Almond milk

What is in Almond Milk?
From Silk's Almond Milk.
ALMONDMILK (FILTERED WATER, ALMONDS), CANE SUGAR, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF: VITAMIN & MINERAL BLEND (CALCIUM CARBONATE, VITAMIN E ACETATE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D2), SEA SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, LOCUST BEAN GUM, GELLAN GUM, ASCORBIC ACID (TO PROTECT FRESHNESS).
CONTAINS ALMOND.
Original Almondmilk | Silk®

9 Science-Based Health Benefits of Almond Milk
1. Low in Calories
2. Low in Sugar
3. High in Vitamin E
4. A Good Source of Calcium
5. Often Enriched with Vitamin D
6. Naturally Lactose-Free
7. Dairy-Free and Vegan
8. Low in Phosphorus, With a Moderate Amount of Potassium
9. Very Easy to Add to Your Diet
9 Science-Based Health Benefits of Almond Milk

See that? "Cane sugar", second ingredient after water. Ridiculous. The unsweetened version (I'm sure they have one, everybody else does even the generic store brand) won't have that. And it will take a lot longer to spoil without that cane sugar feeding the bacteria. There's just no reason to buy the sweetened crapola.

You can always add sugar if you really want it. "You can always add more but you can't add less".

Almonds aren't mammals, last I looked. So, it isn't technically milk. Nut juice is pretty funny, though. I believe I drank something like almond "milk" in Spain, it was called horchata and was quite tasty. I just laugh quietly when anyone refers to almond, soy, or any other pressed juice as "milk". I guess it makes them feel better because they are drinking something labeled healthy.
Coconut milk has been called that for a really long time, because it reminded people of milk.

It's hilarious that his simple joke thread has triggered popo so much.

I have never tried it. I mostly see blacks buying it so I assume it must be unhealthy.
Why do you disgusting knuckle dragging bigots have to rear your stupid ugly heads everywhere, even on a humor thread?

Perhaps unlike you, we have a sense of humor.

You should maybe bring it out someday instead of this shit.

Do you clutch your pearls with both hands or do you keep one free for the vagina?

I have never tried it. I mostly see blacks buying it so I assume it must be unhealthy.
Why do you disgusting knuckle dragging bigots have to rear your stupid ugly heads everywhere, even on a humor thread?

Perhaps unlike you, we have a sense of humor.

You should maybe bring it out someday instead of this shit.

Do you clutch your pearls with both hands or do you keep one free for the vagina?

Does this post come in English?

Almonds are really good for you, no joke. They are an alkaline food which you should add to your diet if you want to help avoid things like cancer.

Almond milk often has added sugar and since most of them come from California, it is generally environmentally iffy because of the large amount of water that goes into growing them in the desert. I buy organic cow's milk when I can from a regional producer. It is a bit of a pain because you have to return the glass bottles or get whacked with a $3 deposit, so I shortcut to supermarket milk more than I would like to just because I don't have a bottle with me to trade in.
The inconvenience is worth the better quality, though. I milk my own goats and make cheese and yogurt. It's tough to make butter and sour cream, though, because goat's milk is naturally homogenized and separating the milk fat it difficult without a centrifuge.

We have a community about 20 miles away that does a lot with goat milk, etc. I go there some times but it is a little weird They are an Amish offshoot community that embraces some technology. They are a bit bipolar to deal with. Sometimes they are very welcoming, and other times they are very standoffish toward outsiders.
Goat milk is very good for cheese and yogurt and whatnot.

Does it go bad as fast as cow's milk? I once had a bottle supposedly from a cow directly, and I did boil it, although apparently not long enough as it went bad in a couple of days.

Almonds are really good for you, no joke. They are an alkaline food which you should add to your diet if you want to help avoid things like cancer.

Almond milk often has added sugar and since most of them come from California, it is generally environmentally iffy because of the large amount of water that goes into growing them in the desert. I buy organic cow's milk when I can from a regional producer. It is a bit of a pain because you have to return the glass bottles or get whacked with a $3 deposit, so I shortcut to supermarket milk more than I would like to just because I don't have a bottle with me to trade in.
The inconvenience is worth the better quality, though. I milk my own goats and make cheese and yogurt. It's tough to make butter and sour cream, though, because goat's milk is naturally homogenized and separating the milk fat it difficult without a centrifuge.

We have a community about 20 miles away that does a lot with goat milk, etc. I go there some times but it is a little weird They are an Amish offshoot community that embraces some technology. They are a bit bipolar to deal with. Sometimes they are very welcoming, and other times they are very standoffish toward outsiders.

Does it go bad as fast as cow's milk? I once had a bottle supposedly from a cow directly, and I did boil it, although apparently not long enough as it went bad in a couple of days.

Fresh cows milk should last at least a week. unpasteurized goats milk can go about twice that. Goat milk flavor is a little more erratic depending on what she has been eating, whether any boy goats are nearby, and how quickly it is chilled after milking. It needs to go cold fast to stop the acids from going bonkers in it. It is also healthier in that it has less of the bad stuff and more of the good stuff than cows milk. Supposedly, and i have no idea if it is true or not, if the goats eat poison ivy, drinking its milk will make you not allergic to poison ivy any more.

bebe9542a3baedb32b6b390752fa06e6-vegan-meals-going-vegan.jpg

Any milk will sour but the store bought stuff has been so adulterated and poorly processed, it seems much more susceptible to spoilage. Of course, fresh, raw milk will also spoil if conditions are not kept meticulously clean. If you can, buy and consume food products from farmers you know are eating their own produce. They are not likely to poorly process the food they and their family eat.

Forum List

Back