Allert: Please Save Toby.

Damn - I should have left an e-mail address with that threat.

In this country, you never know....

Merlin1047 said:
Personally, I wonder how you managed to make the leap from rabbit hostage to homosexual issues. Wowee - even Evel Knievel couldn't jump THAT gap! :poke:

Simple.. It's a right vs. wrong issue. Homosexuality is supposedly morally and/or ethically wrong, but *this* isn't, and is perfectly acceptable? I fail to see how one wrong is perfectly acceptable, and the other is not.

Sometimes it just stuns me how some people think. (Obviously, I'm going to assume that you're going to turn that comment back around on me..) :)

Shattered said:
Simple.. It's a right vs. wrong issue. Homosexuality is supposedly morally and/or ethically wrong, but *this* isn't, and is perfectly acceptable? I fail to see how one wrong is perfectly acceptable, and the other is not.

Sometimes it just stuns me how some people think. (Obviously, I'm going to assume that you're going to turn that comment back around on me..) :)

Excuse me , Shattered. I know you didn't address that post to me, but I'd like to respond.

I would think it obvious to anyone with common sense that this "Toby" thing was a spoof. Did this person, in the back of his mind, wonder if anyone were fool enough to actually go for it, and send money? Maybe. If so, America seems to have borne him out. I don't say that he was strictly moral and ethical, if that's the case - but, of course, a free society offers a fail-safe solution to this kind of nonsense: Don't send money to someone like that. Think a minute. Hell, in a twisted way, maybe this person has performed a public service.

Shattered said:
It's not illegal to be gay, either, but you guys seem to have a *serious* problem with that..

Why is one wrong completely unacceptable, yet another wrong is perfectly tolerable?
I for one, don't care if someone is gay or not.... but here's the rub... it's their politics that is so vile.....

Gay activists have worked overtime to shove their agenda down our throats by outright lies and distortions. They have used intimidation, litigation and coercion to get their agenda and I'm afraid they aren't done yet. They also have gone so far as to push their agenda onto our kids through the schools, pushed their lifestyle in our faces and gotten courts to legitimize certain parts of their agenda. They have succeeded in getting courts to agree to allow them to marry, thereby getting tax breaks. They have succeeded in getting companies to grant insurance benefits to their partners which will result in increased premiums for the rest of us. They have succeeded in getting hate crime legislation passed in several states that makes crimes against them more important than crimes against straights. They have succeeded in getting voices of opposition silienced. Some of them want the age of consent lowered to 12 or younger, some of them want pedophilia declassified as a mental illness.... shall I go on?

Now.... if a group of fundamentalist Christians had succeeded in doing the same things.... there would be such an uproar that this country would be torn asunder.... the news media would be full of stories of a conspiracy that is trying to undermine our economy, our freedoms and overthrow our government.....

But not a peep from the Main Stream Media because they are just in love with these guys.....

But wait.... after they get the right to marry, they'll want hiring quotas (aka "affirmative action") for gays.... and they will claim that 10% of the population is gay/bisexual and will demand that all companies hire gay workers.... whether they are qualified or not...... perhaps some of us might lose our jobs so that companies can meet their hiring quotas (working for a defense contractor, I know that they are very much controlled in their hiring practices by the government. If they are seen as not "being on board" with diversity and other PC horse manure, the government can deny them contracts, which are their very bread and butter).

Eventually, who knows? Parents who dare teach their kids that homosexuality is a sin will be arrested for hate crimes, churches won't be allowed to preach their religious beliefs without being shut down..... that's where this can go....

So... yes, I have a big problem with gays, when they try to take away my freedoms and rights as given to me by the United States Constitution ....

KarlMarx said:
I for one, don't care if someone is gay or not.... but here's the rub... it's their politics that is so vile.....

Gay activists have worked overtime to shove their agenda down our throats by outright lies and distortions. They have used intimidation, litigation and coercion to get their agenda and I'm afraid they aren't done yet. They also have gone so far as to push their agenda onto our kids through the schools, pushed their lifestyle in our faces and gotten courts to legitimize certain parts of their agenda. They have succeeded in getting courts to agree to allow them to marry, thereby getting tax breaks. They have succeeded in getting companies to grant insurance benefits to their partners which will result in increased premiums for the rest of us. They have succeeded in getting hate crime legislation passed in several states that makes crimes against them more important than crimes against straights. They have succeeded in getting voices of opposition silienced. Some of them want the age of consent lowered to 12 or younger, some of them want pedophilia declassified as a mental illness.... shall I go on?

Now.... if a group of fundamentalist Christians had succeeded in doing the same things.... there would be such an uproar that this country would be torn asunder.... the news media would be full of stories of a conspiracy that is trying to undermine our economy, our freedoms and overthrow our government.....

But not a peep from the Main Stream Media because they are just in love with these guys.....

But wait.... after they get the right to marry, they'll want hiring quotas (aka "affirmative action") for gays.... and they will claim that 10% of the population is gay/bisexual and will demand that all companies hire gay workers.... whether they are qualified or not......

Eventually, who knows? Parents who dare teach their kids that homosexuality is a sin will be arrested for hate crimes, churches won't be allowed to preach their religious beliefs without being shut down..... that's where this can go....

So... yes, I have a big problem with gays, when they try to take my freedoms and rights as given to me by the United States Constitution away....

So, do you have a problem with people using others emotions, and/or threatening another life (beit human or animal) just for profit, and no other reason? Or, is it ok, just because it doesn't directly (or even indirectly) affect you?

I like the part about needing the 50 grand and then he will be able to take care of Toby. He had to throw that in. Taking care of a bunny doesn't cost much at all. He is a highly unethical guy and it sounds like extortion. Prick.

If anybody is stupid enough to send him money, that is their frigg'n problem. Have you ever looked at the crap people list on ebay? One guy will sell you a million bucks for 1.5 million.

Stupidity is stupidity. Or as Forrest Gump says, "stupid is as stupid does".

He is only playing on peoples' emotions if they are stupid enough to buy into it. You must be one of them.

By the way, sorry to see that you have a "hole" in your heart! :teeth:

Shattered said:
So, do you have a problem with people using others emotions, and/or threatening another life (beit human or animal) just for profit, and no other reason? Or, is it ok, just because it doesn't directly (or even indirectly) affect you?

Isn't the answer to that question obvious?

Hey.... here's something to consider.... if Toby were a human fetus and this joker was its mother .... then people would be marching in the streets, picketing and litigating for her right to kill Toby.....

So.... just because it's a furry bunny it's a crime but if it were a human it's a constitutional right?

P.S. I wonder if Elmer Fudd ever petitioned the Supreme Court for the right to fricasee that wasscawee wabbit and have it recognized as a constitutional right?

freeandfun1 said:
If anybody is stupid enough to send him money, that is their frigg'n problem. Have you ever looked at the crap people list on ebay? One guy will sell you a million bucks for 1.5 million.

Stupidity is stupidity. Or as Forrest Gump says, "stupid is as stupid does".

He is only playing on peoples' emotions if they are stupid enough to buy into it. You must be one of them.

By the way, sorry to see that you have a "hole" in your heart! :teeth:

I'm not stupid enough to buy in to it, but there are plenty of people in the world that *are*. The fact that you can find that amusing is just stunning, being such a "good" Christian and all. They teach you that in boot camp?

(And the play on words in my avatar is intentional - it references a friend who was killed. Is that amusing, too? I'm more than capable of spelling, TYVM.)

KarlMarx said:
Isn't the answer to that question obvious?

Hey.... here's something to consider.... if Toby were a human fetus and this joker was its mother .... then people would be marching in the streets, picketing and litigating for her right to kill Toby.....

So.... just because it's a furry bunny it's a crime but if it were a human it's a constitutional right?

P.S. I wonder if Elmer Fudd ever petitioned the Supreme Court for the right to fricasee that wasscawee wabbit and have it recognized as a constitutional right?

Absolutely not. The people picketing for her "right" to kill would be just as wrong, IMO.

musicman said:
Sorry. Pretty dumb on my part.

Not really.. It's one of the one's that isn't used very much.. like GMAFB, GMTA, ICAM..etc. (Give me a fucking break, Great minds think alike, I couldn't agree more..)

Shattered said:
Absolutely not. The people picketing for her "right" to kill would be just as wrong, IMO.
Yes, I thought you'd agree. Thought I'd draw the parallel to abortion just the same.

P.S. It's so obvious.... Elmer Fudd is behind this whole thing!!!!!! That's it! He was broke and couldn't find work ever since Looney Toons went off the air and this is his last desparate attempt to make some money before Mrs. Pennywinkle, his land lady at the rooming house throws him out in the street for not paying his rent!!!!!

Shattered said:
Not really.. It's one of the one's that isn't used very much.. like GMAFB, GMTA, ICAM..etc. (Give me a fucking break, Great minds think alike, I couldn't agree more..)

LOL! You're definitely expanding my repertoire here!

KarlMarx said:
Yes, I thought you'd agree. Thought I'd draw the parallel to abortion just the same.

P.S. It's so obvious.... Elmer Fudd is behind this whole thing!!!!!! That's it! He was broke and couldn't find work ever since Looney Toons went off the air and this is his last desparate attempt to make some money before Mrs. Pennywinkle, his land lady at the rooming house throws him out in the street for not paying his rent!!!!!
you guys need to slow down for me-------i'm still waitin for dudley to get the chick off the RR track !

Forum List

Back