All the religions in the world are the feathers of the same bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
And believe me Radio I have no problem what-so-ever with people of FAITH but I do have a problem with people who use RELIGION as a weapon against others.

No one was doing that to you, and you decided to use your atheism as a weapon in this thread.

So once again we circle back around to you just being a douchebag.

The real problem in this thread is that people are posting in a dattaswampy thread.

We really should not be encouraging that spambot.

And believe me Radio I have no problem what-so-ever with people of FAITH but I do have a problem with people who use RELIGION as a weapon against others.

No one was doing that to you, and you decided to use your atheism as a weapon in this thread.

Sounds like YOU are the defensive one and you are also the one who started with the name calling you ignorant little DOUCHEBAG!

Well Echo since I have PERSONALLY heard that argument from MORE than one self proclaimed "Christian" then I think I have enough personal exp to draw the conclusion that MANY (certainly not ALL) Christians act that way.

And I have many, many atheist friends who would never be acting like you are right now.

Yes, there are some loony so called Christians out there, but they don't speak for the majority of us. There are also some loony atheists out there too, but I don't think most are like the nutters. Most of my atheist friends live by the "live and let live" coda.

You should try it and free your mind!

No matter what you believe or don't believe, you subscribe to a certain degree of faith.

Ironically, regardless of belief, that degree of faith causes certain people to become totally fucking crazy.

Do you understand how the burden of PROOF works......We don't have to prove God doesn't exist you have the burden to prove it DOES!

You can't prove that Unicorns don't exist.....

You can't prove that Elves don't exist.....

You can't prove the aliens don't exist.....

You can't prove that goblins don't exist....

I could go on forever!

And we must conclude that it is possible, even if unlikely. that those things do exist.

Well Echo since I have PERSONALLY heard that argument from MORE than one self proclaimed "Christian" then I think I have enough personal exp to draw the conclusion that MANY (certainly not ALL) Christians act that way.

And I have many, many atheist friends who would never be acting like you are right now.

Yes, there are some loony so called Christians out there, but they don't speak for the majority of us. There are also some loony atheists out there too, but I don't think most are like the nutters. Most of my atheist friends live by the "live and let live" coda.

You should try it and free your mind!

I DO live by "live and let live" I'm not the one who is CONSTANTLY trying to put religious monuments in PUBLIC places. I have a great deal of respect for people of FAITH but not much for people who put RELIGION ahead of Faith. If your faith helps you get by day to day and it gives you a stronger sense of community then hey I'm happy for you.

I have dealt and do deal, on a regular basis, with people who are always going on about The Lord. I have to bite my tongue, because you know what - I find it offensive. They never once assume that I am NOT a Christian, or that their neverending nattering on about how prayer changes things sounds both foolish and childish to me - as though whatever it is they are praying for would NEVER have an outcome one way or another. If they get what they want, then they're grateful to The Lord; if they don't get what they want, then they go on a tear about how The Lord "sometimes says "no" to us." What a load of codswallop! Then I think of all the times I hear things like "we'll pray for you." Pray for me? Don't bother! Call and talk to me for a while! Bake some brownies. Do something useful! They might as well wash my car for me - at least then there'd be something positive to show for it. Honestly!

Cold Fusion is absolutely correct on this one - the burden of proof is on the ones to believe to prove that god (a god, any god) exists, not for those who know better to try and prove themselves wrong. If I don't believe that bunny rabbits sneeze rainbows, I'm certainly not going out into the woods to chase them down to see whether or not it might happen. That would only be a foolish waste of time.

I DO live by "live and let live" I'm not the one who is CONSTANTLY trying to put religious monuments in PUBLIC places. I have a great deal of respect for people of FAITH but not much for people who put RELIGION ahead of Faith. If your faith helps you get by day to day and it gives you a stronger sense of community then hey I'm happy for you.

And what's wrong with people demonstrating their religious faith in Public. We have a guarenteed right to free exercise. Neither me nor my faith is damaged by someone else putting up a monument. I am not losing any freedom. Let them do as they please.

I have dealt and do deal, on a regular basis, with people who are always going on about The Lord. I have to bite my tongue, because you know what - I find it offensive. They never once assume that I am NOT a Christian, or that their neverending nattering on about how prayer changes things sounds both foolish and childish to me - as though whatever it is they are praying for would NEVER have an outcome one way or another. If they get what they want, then they're grateful to The Lord; if they don't get what they want, then they go on a tear about how The Lord "sometimes says "no" to us." What a load of codswallop! Then I think of all the times I hear things like "we'll pray for you." Pray for me? Don't bother! Call and talk to me for a while! Bake some brownies. Do something useful! They might as well wash my car for me - at least then there'd be something positive to show for it. Honestly!

Cold Fusion is absolutely correct on this one - the burden of proof is on the ones to believe to prove that god (a god, any god) exists, not for those who know better to try and prove themselves wrong. If I don't believe that bunny rabbits sneeze rainbows, I'm certainly not going out into the woods to chase them down to see whether or not it might happen. That would only be a foolish waste of time.

But prayers are answered. You may not agree, but it doesnt change that they are.

And i agree, they should do something useful for you. Praying someone doesnt really matter if that person rejects the gift.

Finally, Ive provided a way for all men to know whether there is a God or not many times. The method has never failed. Yet, those who demand proof never bother to try it to learn for themselves. If you dont want to know, fine. If youre happy with your life, I can understand that. but please dont pretend as though the burden is on someone else to prove whether there is a God or not when you are unwilling to do any sort of work for the knowledge.

There is only one way to learn whether there is a God or not, and that is directly from God.

Sounds like YOU are the defensive one and you are also the one who started with the name calling you ignorant little DOUCHEBAG!

So the best you can come up with is "I know you are but what am I?".

And I'm an asshole, not a douchebag. I'm much better at this game than douchebags such as yourself.

Praying is a great way of feeling great about doing nothing. I could just as easily talk to my cat about your problems and THERE WOULD STILL BE AN OUTCOME. How YOU choose to interpret the outcome is YOUR interpretation. If you want to put a god-spin on it, that's fine if it's what makes you happy, but I guarantee you, it would make zero difference at all.

Believe it or not, I used to work for a church. We had this batty old lady who used to call and ask us to pray for rain. Every day, she'd ask us to pray for rain. Even on days when it was pouring rain, she'd make the same call. So, was she just a daft old lady, or was god answering her prayers? Or was he saying no on the days it wasn't raining? Spin it any way you like. It's just noise.

As for proving or disproving, it's the same thing as praying. You can put a god-spin on whatever you want, but in the end it will get you nowhere. It was god's will. It was not god's will. Whatever. A person chooses to believe what they WANT to believe. I refuse to allow my life to be structured by and dictated by a made-up being with a set of rules written down by nobody even knows who and then translated and re-translated through centuries of males with wars and agendas all their own to maintain all the way up to the present. Thanks, but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back