All the religions in the world are the feathers of the same bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

dattaswami

Rookie
Aug 4, 2009

All the religions in the world are the feathers of the same bird i.e., God with different colours. There is only one God and there is only one universe. Similarly the man is also only one. Man should aim that one God and he should belong to all the religions in the universe. He should pick up the diamonds from all the religions and use in his spiritual path. One can have love towards the nationality. Every nation has some physical boundaries. The people who are living in that nation have that nationality. Thus there is a meaning in the nationality because it has physical sense. But in the case of religion and spiritualism there is no physical sense.

Every religion belongs to every man. Therefore in religious and spiritual matters all the religions can be used. The human incarnation in every religion announces that He is the universal preacher. The message of Lord Krishna i.e., Bhagavat Gita is for the entire world. The message of Jesus i.e., Bible is for the entire world. The message of Mohammed is for the entire world. So there is no need of conversion of religions. Just like in science the invention of Einstein is useful for the whole world, every religious preaching is for everybody. Different scientists belonging to different countries have discovered different scientific inventions. The subject science contains all these inventions. If any invention is removed the science become discontinuous. Similarly the spiritualism consists of the preaching of the preachers belonging to various countries. The spiritualism must be built up by the preaching of Lord Krishna, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Mahavir etc. Spiritualism means truth like science. Different religions are following their preachers and they have taken the essence of their scriptures into the practice. Such traditional practices are like different experimental parts of Science. The scriptures of different religions are like the different theories in various chapters of science. In science the student does not distinguish the scientist based on his nationality. Similarly in spiritualism one should not have repulsion or attraction to any scripture or tradition in the World.

The spiritualism requires divine virtues, which are emphasized in various religions. The firm faith of Islam, the infinite love of Christianity, the tolerance towards other religions of Hinduism, the social service of Bhuddhism and the non violence of Jainism are important virtues of the spiritualism. These are the practical traditional aspects of various religions, which are more precious than those scriptures. Tradition is the most important essence of the scripture.

One must praise the firm faith of a Muslim on God associated with strict regularity and discipline. People are worshipping God either in the leisure time or on a holiday. But a Muslim worships God on every day whether it is a holiday or not. He worships God regularly at some intervals of time whether it is leisure or working time. The faith on God and the importance to God supercedes everything and every activity. This aspect is a page in the book of spiritualism.

Another page in the book of spiritualism is a tradition of Christianity, which is the infinite love. Bible says “revenge is mine”. The Christians love even their enemies proving that love is infinite. Love is God. God is infinite and so Love is infinite. Such infinite love can only attract the God. The proof of love is sacrifice in service. Christians sacrifice lot of their money for the spiritual works. Their love is so unlimited that they sacrifice money even to the spiritual centers of other religions. Even if some religion is opposing their religion they fund the other religion and this shows their love even to enemies. Their love in the family bonds is very weak. So the love is stored in their hearts without flowing. This concentrated love in the heart flows entirely towards God and so they sacrifice lot of their earnings for the work of God. They do not store the wealth for their children, and they ask their children to earn and live after certain age.

Hinduism should be another page. The house of every Hindu contains photos of different forms of God. At the same time they find only one God (Para Brahma) in all those forms of God. They treat the different forms of God as the different dresses of the same actor. This indicates that there is only one God for the entire world and Lord Krishna, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, and Mahavir are only the different dresses of the same God. This brings the brotherly hood of all the human beings in the entire world.

Another page must be Buddhism. Buddha kept silent on God because Veda says that God is beyond even imagination. His silence is misunderstood as atheism. He concentrated on the society, which is entire universe. All the human beings in this universe must be uplifted through right knowledge. Buddha means knowledge. Any incarnation of God does the same work.

Jainism is another page. They do not kill any living being. The highest justice (Dharma) is non-violence (Ahimsa). God has given life to any living being. What right you have to kill and eat it? You can kill even a human being if he disturbs the peace and justice of a human society. Lord killed evil people in that way. But to kill a living being which does not harm you in any way is the highest sin. God has given sufficient vegetarian food to all the living beings. Science proves today that non-vegetarian food is not good for health.

Similarly there are precious traditions of other religions which should be copied on different pages of the book of spiritualism. It should be just like a book of science. Spiritualism is the most important practical line to achieve the grace of the God. As the Science is the universal subject, spiritualism must also be the universal subject. The nations may have physical boundaries but the spiritualism is the single ocean in which all the religions mix like rivers. Every human being in this world must enter this ocean through a river and settle there as a sea fish. The man should not stop the journey while he is in the river. He should follow the journey of the river up to the end where he can find the sea with unlimited boundaries. The man is not moving along with his religion and is becoming stagnant as a river fish only.

All the Religions of the World can be replaced with just ONE sentence:" Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

The term "religion" stated above refers to humanity's behaviour towards one another sans the other BULLSHIT

The Heaven, Hell and all the Divinity Crap is just BULLSHIT.

BTW, this does not negate the possibility of a Creator.

However, if there is a Creator the possibility that it is Anthropomorphic in Nature (as is in the Organized Religions of the World) ...... is ZILCHO.

An expanded version of my thoughts on this matter can be found in my thread: "My Creator is the Sum Total of all the Laws of the Universe."

No. They arent. To make the claim demonstrates you dont understand the intricacies of world religions

No. They arent. To make the claim demonstrates you dont understand the intricacies of world religions

I ran into you before, on my thread: "My Creator: The Sum Total of All the laws of the Universe."

Assuming that you're not a lobotomized paramecium, what YOU don't understand is that you must first graduate from Jr. High School before you discuss Theological Philosophy.

Last edited:

I ran into you before, on my thread: "My Creator: The Sum Total of All the laws of the Universe."

Assuming that you're not a lobotmized paramecium, what YOU don't understand is that you must first graduate from Jr. High School before you discuss Theological Philosophy.

I sense a trend....:eusa_whistle:

All the religions in the world are the feathers of the same bird i.e., God with different colours. There is only one God and there is only one universe. Similarly the man is also only one. Man should aim that one God and he should belong to all the religions in the universe. He should pick up the diamonds from all the religions and use in his spiritual path. One can have love towards the nationality. Every nation has some physical boundaries. The people who are living in that nation have that nationality. Thus there is a meaning in the nationality because it has physical sense. But in the case of religion and spiritualism there is no physical sense.

Every religion belongs to every man. Therefore in religious and spiritual matters all the religions can be used. The human incarnation in every religion announces that He is the universal preacher. The message of Lord Krishna i.e., Bhagavat Gita is for the entire world. The message of Jesus i.e., Bible is for the entire world. The message of Mohammed is for the entire world. So there is no need of conversion of religions. Just like in science the invention of Einstein is useful for the whole world, every religious preaching is for everybody. Different scientists belonging to different countries have discovered different scientific inventions. The subject science contains all these inventions. If any invention is removed the science become discontinuous. Similarly the spiritualism consists of the preaching of the preachers belonging to various countries. The spiritualism must be built up by the preaching of Lord Krishna, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Mahavir etc. Spiritualism means truth like science. Different religions are following their preachers and they have taken the essence of their scriptures into the practice. Such traditional practices are like different experimental parts of Science. The scriptures of different religions are like the different theories in various chapters of science. In science the student does not distinguish the scientist based on his nationality. Similarly in spiritualism one should not have repulsion or attraction to any scripture or tradition in the World.

The spiritualism requires divine virtues, which are emphasized in various religions. The firm faith of Islam, the infinite love of Christianity, the tolerance towards other religions of Hinduism, the social service of Bhuddhism and the non violence of Jainism are important virtues of the spiritualism. These are the practical traditional aspects of various religions, which are more precious than those scriptures. Tradition is the most important essence of the scripture.

One must praise the firm faith of a Muslim on God associated with strict regularity and discipline. People are worshipping God either in the leisure time or on a holiday. But a Muslim worships God on every day whether it is a holiday or not. He worships God regularly at some intervals of time whether it is leisure or working time. The faith on God and the importance to God supercedes everything and every activity. This aspect is a page in the book of spiritualism.

Another page in the book of spiritualism is a tradition of Christianity, which is the infinite love. Bible says “revenge is mine”. The Christians love even their enemies proving that love is infinite. Love is God. God is infinite and so Love is infinite. Such infinite love can only attract the God. The proof of love is sacrifice in service. Christians sacrifice lot of their money for the spiritual works. Their love is so unlimited that they sacrifice money even to the spiritual centers of other religions. Even if some religion is opposing their religion they fund the other religion and this shows their love even to enemies. Their love in the family bonds is very weak. So the love is stored in their hearts without flowing. This concentrated love in the heart flows entirely towards God and so they sacrifice lot of their earnings for the work of God. They do not store the wealth for their children, and they ask their children to earn and live after certain age.

Hinduism should be another page. The house of every Hindu contains photos of different forms of God. At the same time they find only one God (Para Brahma) in all those forms of God. They treat the different forms of God as the different dresses of the same actor. This indicates that there is only one God for the entire world and Lord Krishna, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, and Mahavir are only the different dresses of the same God. This brings the brotherly hood of all the human beings in the entire world.

Another page must be Buddhism. Buddha kept silent on God because Veda says that God is beyond even imagination. His silence is misunderstood as atheism. He concentrated on the society, which is entire universe. All the human beings in this universe must be uplifted through right knowledge. Buddha means knowledge. Any incarnation of God does the same work.

Jainism is another page. They do not kill any living being. The highest justice (Dharma) is non-violence (Ahimsa). God has given life to any living being. What right you have to kill and eat it? You can kill even a human being if he disturbs the peace and justice of a human society. Lord killed evil people in that way. But to kill a living being which does not harm you in any way is the highest sin. God has given sufficient vegetarian food to all the living beings. Science proves today that non-vegetarian food is not good for health.

Similarly there are precious traditions of other religions which should be copied on different pages of the book of spiritualism. It should be just like a book of science. Spiritualism is the most important practical line to achieve the grace of the God. As the Science is the universal subject, spiritualism must also be the universal subject. The nations may have physical boundaries but the spiritualism is the single ocean in which all the religions mix like rivers. Every human being in this world must enter this ocean through a river and settle there as a sea fish. The man should not stop the journey while he is in the river. He should follow the journey of the river up to the end where he can find the sea with unlimited boundaries. The man is not moving along with his religion and is becoming stagnant as a river fish only.

No OBJECTIVE substance whatsoever........all that is being propagated is based upon the subjective opinion of one that does not reason in logic and empirical truth, but rather projects emotionalism as paramount to intellectual honesty arrived to conclusion by observation of the objective, reproducible evidence.

Last edited:

Assuming that you're not a lobotmized paramecium, what YOU don't understand is that you must first graduate from Jr. High School before you discuss Theological Philosophy.

Yes. You did. And sadly you resorted to personal attacks there too. Which, of course, is the extent of your arguments wherever you go. Which is quite sad.

And while I dont know how things are done wherever you live, in the United States of America all people are guarenteed the right to discuss whatever they hell they want regardless of formal education. In fact, the people who seem to think their formal education is somehow indicative of their intelligence, are sadly usually the ones who refuse to actually think.

Now unless you are actually going to stick to the topic, which is whether all religions are the same, I suggest you stop trolling before you end up getting yourself kicked off the board. There are after all rules. I don't know why it's so difficult to be respectful with people you disagree with but I really have no desire to see you do something stupid. I rather relish having more people involved in discussions. Of course, that requires you actually discuss a topic.

Oh, and for the record, i stopped being hurt by the insults of others in grade school. So if you think ridiculing me is somehow going to persuade me or anyone else to believe your points, you are barking up the wrong tree.

When you make judgments about the understanding ability of other people, don't whine when they do the same with you in a more creative, poignant, and accurate way.

If you can't handle my concepts, and/or my conclusions, then keep away from me.

I sense a trend....:eusa_whistle:

Bo DUH ... cya,

Yep.

There seem to be a lot of you around.

I hope it's not a begining of an epidemic.:eek::eek::eek:

Just saying 'no' is not an argument nor does it qualify as 'discussion' of the topic. Why don't you give us some good arguments why they're not 'different feathers of the same bird' as the OP argues? Discuss the topic, not the poster's capability to 'understand the intricacies of world religions' because by doing so, you might be offending the individual (a good Christian would never wanna do that anyway, would he/she?) and setting yourself up for subsequent personal attacks in response.

And please, don't tell others that they're going to end up being banned from the board - you're not an administrator.

How Bahai of you :) I agree with you and I wish more people saw religions as 'different feathers of the same bird' as you say because I'm pretty sure that would prevent many current problems this world of ours has.

I would imagine that most people that would argue otherwise would do so because they believe their religion is above the others and can't be equated or even compared to others... and that is sad because that sort of mindset is where humanity's problems come from - the mindset of one's superiority.

Thank you for the post.

Last edited:

Do you really want to discuss this OP's subject or do you just want to settle old scores?

First of all we should analyse the soul. The soul is made of pure awareness. The vibrations of pure awareness are called as feelings or qualities. Therefore all the characteristic qualities are associated with the soul and are made of pure awareness.

What is pure awareness? It is only a special form of inert energy. When we eat the food, it is oxidised by the oxygen received through the respiratory system. When the food is assimilated in the digestive system, it is oxidised by the Oxygen from the respiratory system, which is carried by the blood in dissolved state through Haemoglobin. The oxidation of food is exothermic reaction and liberates inert heat energy. This inert heat energy is converted into a special form of energy called awareness by the nervous system.

The electricity is produced by the generator and enters the tube light. The electrical energy is converted into light, which is another new form of energy. The heat energy produced by the interaction of digestive and respiratory system is called life energy (Pranamaya kosa). When this heat energy is converted into awareness by nervous system the awareness or mind is produced (Manomaya kosa). This awareness which is in the purest state is called as the soul (or Atman). This awareness is propagated in the form of pulses and these pulses as a bundle is called as Jeeva. The bundle of pulses of awareness is called as simply Jeeva from the point of pulses, is called as Atman from the point of awareness and is also called as Jeevatman from the point of both the pulses and awareness.

The constant propagation of pulses is called as mind (manas). The impressions of strong pulses are called as Chittam. The production of strong of pulses by the interaction of several weak pulses is called as intelligence or determination or Buddhi. The strong pulse that keeps the identity of the body is called as Ahamkara or ego. When you say the word Jeeva, it refers only to Manas, Chittam, Buddhi and Ahamkara (Antahkaranams). Therefore the soul and Jeeva together called as Jeevatma is only a special form of energy i.e., generated by the interaction of digestive, respiratory and nervous systems. Thus Jeeva representing the bundle of characteristics and Atman representing the special form of energy or Soul can be only the items of creation and not the creator. You are worried about the generation of Soul but there need not be any worry because Soul is an item of creation. In this creation there is conversion of matter into energy.

There is conversion of one type of matter into another type of matter through a chemical reaction as done by chemists. There is also conversion of one form of energy into another form of energy as done by physicists. There is conversion of matter into energy as done by technologists and engineers. Now if the Soul is generated, what is there to worry? This topic comes under the realm of creation and is within the boundaries of the creation. Gita says that the Soul is Paraprakruti. Prakruti means creation. Para means the finest part of creation. Therefore the transformation of Soul or division of Soul or generation of Soul is only topic of science and is not a topic of spirituality. Spirituality deals with creator who is beyond the creation. Veda says ‘Annat Purushah’, which means that the Soul is produced from the food. It is conversion of matter into Soul, which is energy.

Understanding existence is beyond our paygrade.

Believing that your religion gives you perspective into existence is rather like thinking that by climbing the highest mountains in one region one can see the whole world.

I ascribe to a set of moral and ethical principles.

They are the result of my experiences, and the values I was given as a child. I don't even know if they're good moral and values, to be perfectly honest with you.

I only know that they are the best morals and ethical codes I have, as yet, been able to understand.

But I do not impose those values upon God and say that my understanding of the good and the bad, and God's understanding of them are one and the same.

What the deeply religious usually need and typically lack, thanks to their blinding religious dogma, is a little humility.

The greek philosohers understood that well enough.

They called our petty conciets hubris.

Last edited:

Believing that your religion gives you perspective into existence is rather like thinking that by climbing the highest mountains in one region one can see the whole world.

They are the result of my experiences, and the values I was given as a child. I don't even know if they're good moral and values, to be perfectly honest with you.

I only know that they are the best morals and ethical codes I have, as yet, been able to understand.

But I do not impose those values upon God and say that my understanding of the good and the bad, and God's understanding of them are one and the same.

What the deeply religious usually need and typically lack, thanks to their blinding religious dogma, is a little humility.

The Lord is universal but the human beings in the universe differ in their attitudes. The same single Lord adopts a different procedure in a different region and such different procedure appears as a different religion. A few criticize the Lord of other religion. You are criticizing your own Lord of your own religion. The external behavior of the Lord differs due to different internal and external behaviors of the human beings in this universe.

The external form, dress, language, food habits and culture of human beings differ from one region to the other. Accordingly the external form, dress, food habits, language and culture of the Lord also differ to suit that particular region. The internal Lord and the internal essence of the same Lord is one and the same in His different human incarnations which have come in different regions or religions.

The Lord is universal but the human beings in the universe differ in their attitudes. The same single Lord adopts a different procedure in a different region and such different procedure appears as a different religion. A few criticize the Lord of other religion. You are criticizing your own Lord of your own religion. The external behavior of the Lord differs due to different internal and external behaviors of the human beings in this universe.

The external form, dress, language, food habits and culture of human beings differ from one region to the other. Accordingly the external form, dress, food habits, language and culture of the Lord also differ to suit that particular region. The internal Lord and the internal essence of the same Lord is one and the same in His different human incarnations which have come in different regions or religions.

Dattaswami,

You seem to know quite a bit about your "Lord".

Visit him often do ya ?

Do you have daily chats with the old chap ?

Does he get irritable after a lousy bowel movement ?

Huh ? :confused::confused::confused:

Understanding existence is beyond our
Huh ? :confused::confused::confused:

I have to answer the question “Who are You?” for different people in different ways:

1. Yes, I am the very Lord Datta

2. Lord Datta is in My heart as I am His strongest devotee

3. I have been sent by Lord Datta as His messenger

However I prefer to stand by the third answer because that will not contradict the first two categories and is sharply accepted by the third category. The people standing on 100, 50 and 25 can commonly accept the least number 25. Lord Krishna gave the first answer because He was preaching the Bhagavad Gita only to Arjuna who believed in Him as the Lord. But I am giving My discourses to all the three categories of the people. A Messenger is just a microphone who is near to the speaker (person who speaks).

The nearness is only for the convenience of the speaker and should not be misunderstood as dearness. The speaker is invisible and the visible microphone appears as if it is speaking. Similarly, you think that I am generating this divine knowledge since the speaker in Me is invisible. Similarly, whatever miracle is experienced by the devotee through Me is from that invisible speaker alone. The movement of the visible fan is due to the power of invisible electric current in it. In this angle of Messenger, the final essence is that this divine knowledge is coming from the Lord Himself.

You can study it with utmost care and you can neglect Me since I am only a post man. The microphone covers only a small circle of people around it. But the amplifiers cover large circles and propagate in a big way. Similarly, I have propagated this spiritual knowledge through My speeches in small circles only. I am donating only My words and intelligence in the Mission of the Lord. But, My devotees are far superior to Me since have sacrificed not only the work but also the fruit of their work (money) in propagating this divine knowledge to the entire world.

They call Me as the Greatest. But they are greater than this Greatest. The Lord may be far or near the microphone or might have entered the microphone and spread all over the microphone to become one with it. In any case the microphone and the speaker are different. Electric current and the wire are different. The microphone may be very close to the speaker due to such a requirement. The amplifiers may be far from the speaker due to such a requirement. The nearest microphone does not mean that it is the dearest. Actually the amplifiers situated far from the speaker are doing greater service and become dearest to the speaker.

Thus My devotees are dearer to the Lord than Myself. The closeness of Myself is just for the convenience of the Speaker (the Lord).
I often say to My devotees that I am greater than them by the role that I have taken in this world-drama. But as an actor of that role, I have the least value. In a film an actor may act as the Lord and another actor may act as the devotee. The actor acting as devotee may be paid ten times more than the actor acting as Lord. The value of the actor in the role of the devotee may be far more.

Or is it maybe because religion is a completely man-made enterprise and that is why it differs from region to region, from culture to culture, etc.? They all seek answers to basically the same questions... in their own different ways. I don't think that God or Lord or whatever you call it has anything to do with the way the questions are asked...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back