All the religions in the world are the feathers of the same bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pathetic sapenzo doesn't realize it, but like all the prayers, the statistical chances of this prayer yields identically the same results as praying to the nearest rock in your garden.

Comforting thought when considering the fact that the political charlatan Obama's efforts in this regard are identical as this sapenzo's.

I cant possibly imagine why saying prayers to gather statistics isnt effective... Who would have guessed it.

:lol:

Hey idiot,

Let me spell it out fer ya: "the statistical chances of this prayer (OR ANY PRAYER) REACHING DE LAWD, AND BEING ANSWERED BY SAME yields identically the same results as praying to the nearest rock in your garden."

I know, I know ..... you probably don't even have a garden. And ALL the rocks you might have are nesting between your ears.

Simply repeating yourself in a more offensive manner doesnt make the studies flaw any more apparent. Your study is based on the flaw that God is somehow stupid and is going to answer the prayers used in an attempt to statistically prove that prayer is somehow worthless. Yet, to recieve an answer to prayer requires humility, sincerity, real intent, actual desire. This cannot be manufactured, measure, or faked for the purpose of a study.

There is a saying, there are three type of liars: Liars, Damned liars, and statisticians. You presume since this flawed study has the conclusion you desire, that no one recieves answers to prayers. I can tell you without any doubt that this is false. I have recieved many answers to my prayers. I am far from unique. I have seen people with a set path in life one day pray about it, get an answer and do a 180 degree shift the next day. I've seen people healed by the power of God in ways that leave doctors speechless. I've been healed by the power of God. Ive seen answers to prayers turn miserable experiences into joyful learning experiences within a few second period.

So youre telling me, and everyone else that has experienced similiar things that we need to throw out our experiences because you havent had them and because there is a clearly flawed study saying we dont have them. You think this is rational? What kind of insane person would throw out his own experiences just because someone else something contrary?

If you want to know God, the only way to do that is through humble prayer to Him. You cant know a master you havent served. You can't know a being you never talk to. If you ever stopped saying that its impossible and actually accept that you dont know, you might learn something. And believe me, there is always something more to learn. That's one of the beauties of life. You just cant learn it if you arrogantly proclaim that it's impossible to learn and make no effort to.

[The] study is based on the flaw that God is somehow stupid and is going to answer the prayers used in an attempt to statistically prove that prayer is somehow worthless. Yet, to recieve an answer to prayer requires humility, sincerity, real intent, actual desire. This cannot be manufactured, measure, or faked for the purpose of a study.

If god was all loving and 'willing that none shall perish', then he would answer to prayers during studies to make his presence known, so that his miracles and love might be seen, and the sinners might come to learn of him, and know him, and accept his son so that their sins might be forgiven and they might be saved.

But god doesn't want hat. Jesus wants you to go to hell, so he hides himself and seeks to confuse people.
Mark 4:10-12

10When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that,
" 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'

(the reference here is to Isaiah six)
Go and tell this people:
" 'Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
be ever seeing, but never perceiving.' 10 Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull
and close their eyes. [a]
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed."

11 Then I said, "For how long, O Lord?"
And he answered:
"Until the cities lie ruined
and without inhabitant,
until the houses are left deserted
and the fields ruined and ravaged,
12 until the LORD has sent everyone far away
and the land is utterly forsaken.​

If god was all loving and 'willing that none shall perish', then he would answer to prayers during studies to make his presence known, so that his miracles and love might be seen, and the sinners might come to learn of him, and know him, and accept his son so that their sins might be forgiven and they might be saved.

And God will make His presence known to those who actually use the methods He has given us to know.

By why should He reveal Himself to those who seek to mock Him? Why condemn them like that? If you arent prepared to meet God, meeting God would be hell. Why would He do that when it would be more merciful to keep them ignorant until they are prepared?

God isnt going to be mocked. And He isnt going to give information to people who cant handle it.

Athiest can never disprove the existence of God

The atheists can never disprove the existence of unimaginable God due to several unimaginable events (miracles) exhibited by several Godly people and due to several practical experiences of the existence of unimaginable power of God during the lives of several people in this world.

The miracles are exhibited not only by Godly people and human incarnations but also by evil people having very bad character and conduct, cheating the public in many ways. The development of atheism is mainly due to the existence of such evil people only. But, the atheists are also not analyzing the miracle performed by an evil person. The concept of the miracle is completely different and has nothing to do with the character of the person performing that miracle. A petty fellow, who has worst character due to bad habits like drinking etc., is announcing a rule of Municipality in a town to the public. The message of the announcement has nothing to do with the character of the announcer. Since, the announcer is a bad fellow, you cannot ignore the message of the Municipality and behave as you like. The announcer will be separately punished for his bad character. You will be also punished if you ignore his announcement based on the point that the announcer is not a good fellow.

Similarly, you have to take the point conveyed by the miracle and ignore the character of the evil person performing that miracle. God will punish him separately for his evil nature. From the unimaginable event (miracle), you should conclude the existence of unimaginable God. This is the message of any miracle to create the fundamental belief in God. Some people having jealousy on great devotees of God or the human incarnation of God, reject the greatness of devotees or incarnation based on miracles by saying “even dirty people perform these miracles. What is the greatness by such miracles?”.

They pass such comments due to two reasons:

1) they are jealous of the greatness of devotees or incarnation and
2) they have not understood the message conveyed by a miracle.

If a good fellow is announcing a message and if you say that the same message was also announced by a bad fellow previously and hence the message should be neglected, is it correct? A miracle is necessary for majority of human beings to have real belief in the existence of God. Several people are standing on the ground and require this to climb the first step. After having the full belief in the existence of God, miracles are not necessary because the second step is to attain the grace of God through practical sacrifice. But, several theists also need the observation of miracles, because their belief is not perfect and hence to strengthen their belief, miracles are necessary. Even a person having full faith in the existence of God should not criticize the miracles, because you cannot ignore the first step after climbing the second step.

Athiest can never disprove the existence of God

On the flip side, religions can't prove the existence of God.

Hence the reason the debate has gone on for millenia. It's also the reason why so many wars have been fought over religions. No one can prove who's God is right.

Do you understand how the burden of PROOF works......We don't have to prove God doesn't exist you have the burden to prove it DOES!

You can't prove that Unicorns don't exist.....

You can't prove that Elves don't exist.....

You can't prove the aliens don't exist.....

You can't prove that goblins don't exist....

I could go on forever!

Do you understand how the burden of PROOF works......We don't have to prove God doesn't exist you have the burden to prove it DOES!

I could go on forever!

Yet there are people out there that believe they do. Go figure!

I could go on forever!

Yet there are people out there that believe they do. Go figure!

There are ALL SORTS of things people BELIEVE in but that doesn't make them true.

Oh and by the way athiests act MORALLY because it is the RIGHT thing to do. YOU act morally because of the THREAT of eternity in he!! so tell me which person has an inherent sense of morality?

Why so defensive? No one was attacking you.

Many "Christians" don't think that you can be MORAL unless you are Christian.

Oh and by the way athiests act MORALLY because it is the RIGHT thing to do. YOU act morally because of the THREAT of eternity in he!! so tell me which person has an inherent sense of morality?

No one accused you of that. So it seems that you just enjoy being a douchebag for no reason.

From the ages of 1 - 8, I had 3 different fathers. One was an atheist (my birth father), one was a Protestant (the second one, which is why I was baptized Lutheran), and the third one was Catholic.

After my mom died, from age 8 - 12, I lived with my grandparents who were believers in God, but, didn't go to church. I was told to live a decent life and do right by my fellow humans.

From 12 - 16, I lived in a couple different places, each foster family telling me that the religion that I'd just come from was wrong, and that I needed to believe as they did or I was going to hell.

At age 18, I turned my back on religion.

At age 30, I started to study Zen as well as other Eastern philosophies. That is where a friend of mine named Jim introduced me to Tao. After studying Tao, it kind of softened my view of others.

From 1997 until 1999, I was stationed on a ship, and my room mate was the ship's chaplain. Because some people knew my reputation from before about not liking Christians, they thought it would be interesting to place me in with the chaplain.

Arthur Pack was my best friend on that ship. The first night, I told him not to try to convert me, and I wouldn't talk bad about Christians. Many nights, we'd stay up late, comparing where Tao was similar to Evangelicals. Know what? There's a few things that are really similar.

When I retired in 2002, I met a woman named Lois who to this day is one of my best friends. She studied Judaism, and started to show me things about it.

Know what? Tao and Judaism are very similar to one another. The Christians messed things up because of the lies that the Catholic church put into the KJV Bible, starting with messing with the dates of Easter and Christmas to coincide with the Spring and Winter Solstice so that the pagans of Rome would follow it.

Most belief systems are the same, it's just a question of how those in power disseminate the information to their congregations, and how honest they are.

If they're not? They're cults.

And oh yeah........wanna tell a "true religion" from a false one? Simple........does it worship life and creation or death and destruction? God is the Creator, and the whole purpose of the 10 Commandments is there to keep us from murdering one another.

And THAT is the reason that I think IsLAME is a cult of death, and therefore not a religion, but rather a cult.

Good thing you don't label people and are keeping an open mind about things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back