Algerian hostage update

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
At least 20 foreign hostages and some Americans escaped Thursday from an Al Qaeda-linked group who are now pinned down in an Algerian natural gas complex in the Sahara desert, according to Algerian and U.S. officials.

"Security forces have surrounded the area and cornered the terrorists, who are in one wing of the complex's living quarters," Kabila said.

The militant group said Thursday that an strafing run executed by Algerian helicopters killed 35 hostages and 15 of their members, the Associated Press reports. But the claim could not be independently verified.

Hostages and some Americans escape from terrorist group pinned down at Algerian gas complex, officials say | Fox News

When they say "Algerian helicopters", do they mean to say Russian deathtraps?

Anyway, glad to hear of their escape, but it really does beg the question: Doesn't a rather valuable asset of this nature - which I'm guessing is under the stewardship of a Western energy giant - require the presence of heavily armed professionals to confront attacking forces in the first place? The reason I ask is because at first glance, this installation doesn't look like one of your run-of-the-mill complexes. Rather it looks like it's had quite a lot of investment in it.

Anyway, glad to hear of their escape, but it really does beg the question: Doesn't a rather valuable asset of this nature - which I'm guessing is under the stewardship of a Western energy giant - require the presence of heavily armed professionals to confront attacking forces in the first place? The reason I ask is because at first glance, this installation doesn't look like one of your run-of-the-mill complexes. Rather it looks like it's had quite a lot of investment in it.

It's possible the Algerians refused to allow "private security forces", it's possible there were "private security forces" at the facility some of whom could have been in league with the terrorists. :dunno:
Hopefully that information will eventually come out.

I am not sure that we as taxpayers should be paying for the security problems of a multi-national company?

In order for obama to pay attention to this, the hostage takers would have to issue a formal refusal to pay for sandra fluke's birth control.

When you live in places like Scratchmyassville USA, Irrelevantstown USA and Colorado Springs USA, the last thing you have to worry about is a visit from terrorist bad guys carrying wmd's. A bit different when your residence is a stones throw from 1 World Trade Center.

Jihadist ass lickers who live in the middle of nowhere.......nobody cares about their opinion on this shit.:eusa_dance:

Like any city, New York does have some bubble dwellars like Sallow who rarely navigate in the real world, thus, they find their way into the limpwrister fringe. When you spend 16 hours a day on your PC, anything is possible s0ns.

Last edited:
When you live in places like Scratchmyassville USA, Irrelevantstown USA and Colorado Springs USA, the last thing you have to worry about is a visit from terrorist bad guys carrying wmd's. A bit different when your residence is a stones throw from 1 World Trade Center.

Jihadist ass lickers who live in the middle of nowhere.......nobody cares about their opinion on this shit.:eusa_dance:

When was it you lost the last two functioning brain cells? Oh yeah, you wouldn't have known the difference...... Keep up the good work....... :thup:

CON2593-33.jpg
[/IMG]

fuck oil

Forum List

Back