Algebra and Geometry now required for High School graduation! What do you think?

You think they should teach them to put on a condom using a pair of pliers?

Ouch.

I think if you're too dumb to figure out how to use a condom, you should have a chastity device surgically applied to your privates to protect the gene pool.

You're going to have to stay after class, my dear, and finish your geometry/geography comparison and contrast assignment. :razz:

Ooh, you latch onto a typo and think that blots out the fact that you're in here griping and whining about your daughter's school actually teaching academics, instead of operating like a vocational education center for the mentally-challenged? I think not.

Tell me, do you also throw hissy fits at the English Department for teaching her Shakespeare, since "there's no real life application for it"? Hey, how about a tantrum because they have Government classes, since most people don't vote anyway? Or Earth Science, because who the hell needs to know the difference between cirrus and cumulo-nimbus clouds, anyway?

You think they should teach them to put on a condom using a pair of pliers?

Ouch.

I think if you're too dumb to figure out how to use a condom, you should have a chastity device surgically applied to your privates to protect the gene pool.

I'd be interested in hearing how you knew how to put on a condom the first time you used one.

I'm listening.:cool:

I looked at it. Speaking of things that aren't rocket science . . .

I do not think Palintology should be taught in our schools.

cute.

One thing I'd like the schools to emphasize more is etiquette and manners. The students should be taught the basics of mature discussion skills, something I see that our friend Cecilie1200 utterly lacks.

One ought to be able to converse without resorting to insults and derogatory comments. Just state your case, and accept that others may differ. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

I'd be interested in hearing how you knew how to put on a condom the first time you used one.

You "looked at it?" The condom? The penis? The vagina?

You must have looked at more than "it."

That seems less than instructive.

cute.

One thing I'd like the schools to emphasize more is etiquette and manners. The students should be taught the basics of mature discussion skills, something I see that our friend Cecilie1200 utterly lacks.

One ought to be able to converse without resorting to insults and derogatory comments. Just state you case, and accept that others may differ. :eusa_angel:

I in contrast think that the children should get the basics of etiquette and manners at home where the personal responsibilities of the parents lie.

cute.

One ought to be able to converse without resorting to insults and derogatory comments. Just state you case, and accept that others may differ. :eusa_angel:

Another thread.:eusa_whistle:

cute.

Another thread.:eusa_whistle:
Well, I've had my fun here, it's been instructive and interesting, as always. :eusa_angel:

Shall I quote you again, sweetheart? Note the bolded statements by you. :eusa_whistle:

Hello, you don't need advanced geometry to plan out a vegetable garden. That would require rather basic math learned by 7th grade. :doubt: Or, are they calling that geometry these days? They didn't inflate things back in my day like they do now.

Hello! Where did I say "advanced"? Perhaps you should have spent some more time in English class too, to improve your reading comprehension.

And no, it doesn't "require basic math", dumbass. It's geography. Basic geography, but geography nevertheless. And how advanced it is depends on the topography of the yard. Maybe "back in your day", someone should have defined "geography" for you so you wouldn't sound like such a fool now.

By the way, Einstein. You were just bitching and moaning about schools not teaching carpentry. Perhaps someone should have mentioned to you that carpenters use both the algebra and the geometry that you hold in such contempt.

Moron.

So, what did you mean, geography or geometry? Do you know the difference between these two disciples? How about geology, do you know what that is? :eusa_eh:

Spare me, "sweetheart". If you can't read past a typo, then I reiterate that you should have spent more time in English working on reading comprehension. And if you really think harping on a typo is going to deflect attention from the fact that you're griping and sniveling because high schools teach academics instead of "Advanced McDonald's Drive-through", you needed that logical thinking covered in algebra more than you thought.

cute.

One ought to be able to converse without resorting to insults and derogatory comments. Just state your case, and accept that others may differ. :eusa_angel:

Yeah, schools should definitely teach "How to Suffer Fools Gladly", just so kids don't slap dumbasses like you cockeyed when they suggest that high schools expect too much in the way of academics. :cuckoo: It's definitely important to learn to tolerate stupidity rather than . . . oh, I don't know, teach people not to be stupid?

One ought to be able to converse without making others sorry that he ever reproduced at all.

What, no one taught you about pronouns?

"I'd be interested in hearing how you knew how to put on a condom the first time you used one."

"I looked at it."

You asked a question, I answered the question, obviously the pronoun refers to the noun you asked about: the condom. Don't work so hard to overcomplicate in an attempt to sound clever, Samson.

Does it really require instruction for you to figure out how to roll a latex sock onto a simple column?

The more math that is required in high school, the less the conservatives can complain about "indoctrination".

"I'd be interested in hearing how you knew how to put on a condom the first time you used one."

"I looked at it."

You asked a question, I answered the question, obviously the pronoun refers to the noun you asked about: the condom. Don't work so hard to overcomplicate in an attempt to sound clever, Samson.

Does it really require instruction for you to figure out how to roll a latex sock onto a simple column?

Um, there's more to it than that:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/education-and-history/132316-how-to-put-on-a-condom.html

"I looked at it."

Um, there's more to it than that:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/education-and-history/132316-how-to-put-on-a-condom.html

Feel free to visit your thread for my response. Sorry you find this so difficult that you think it requires an entire thread to discuss it.

algebra and geometry was required to graduate high school, when I went to school as well.

Its important to be able to calculate correct shoe size.

:razz:
not really, but we did have to hire Engineers to proportionately execute the Product Developer's or Designer's creations....Nike, Reebok, New Balance and all technical shoe companies have a slew of engineers, on staff....

who would have thunk it, huh?

algebra and geometry was required to graduate high school, when I went to school as well.

not really, but we did have to hire Engineers to proportionately execute the Product Developer's or Designer's creations....Nike, Reebok, New Balance and all technical shoe companies have a slew of engineers, on staff....

Nothing gets manufactured in China until a Chinese-American designs it.

none of our designers or product developers or engineers were chinese....they were all American or British....those that manufactured our product, were mostly Chinese....:(

none of our designers or product developers or engineers were chinese....they were all American or British....those that manufactured our product, were mostly Chinese....:(

Ah, wait a few years.

Actually, I hope I'm wrong, but there seem to be many more Indian and Chinese R&D guys.....maybe shoes are just to far below their standards? They're probably all designing Mag-Lift footwear that we'll be wearing to glide over the sidewalk whilst cheap American designs have us plodding along, smacking the leather between our feet and the ground.:(

Chinese can not be trusted, that's why we had American Engineers living there, overseeing it all.

Chinese manufacturers are very ''polite'' people....they say ''yes'' to everything, even if it can't be accomplished...they never said ''no'', it can't be done.

Forum List

Back