Alfred E. Smith Dinner

found it
Obama part 1
[youtube]NXKaAQ-6BiU[/youtube]

Obama part 2
[youtube]9zuMy6BFsfM[/youtube]

Nah! This time he knows there will be "no come back, kid" ... so he has decided to go out in style! ;)

Never say Never, My Friend. Stranger things have happenes, ex:

Giants defeat the Patriots in last Super Bowl. :eek:

McCain winning would nothing compared to coming back from a 7-0 deficit in the 7th inning to win the game as the Red Sox did last night (not to mention what happened in '04).

And also neither one of them wrote any of their material so who gives a crap

yeah, but Bush couldn't have delivered the material worth a damn. lol...

I thought the best single line, though, was Obama saying his middle name was "given to [him] by someone who clearly had no idea [he] would ever run for president of the united states"

Did anyone else see Obama's and McCain's speeches at the dinner? They played them live on Rachel Maddow's show?

McCain is funnier. ;)

But they both did very well.

My brother called me to tell me it was on. How did we all miss this? I heard nothing about this dinner/roast.

He said McCain was HILARIOUS! I only caught Obama. He was good, but it sounds like McCain was hysterical!

I'm glad they put aside the nasty bitter stuff for one night.

See, that's what their supporters have to remember. At the end of the day, these guys will shake hands. They may not be best friends, but they'll work together on things that mutually benefit them.

Kind of like two enemy countries after they've signed a peace treaty where their soldiers have died by the thousands, but then they go on to do business together and shake hands.

I thought the Obamaian line:

"Contrary to what many of you have been told, I was not born in a manger"

was pretty damned funny

Forum List

Back