ALERT! looks like Trump , GOP, NRA will progress to non-conviction gun bans

What's next? Schindler's list? If you are going to put someone on a "no fly" list - then CONVICT them of something. To tell someone, ANYONE that they can't fly - based on some "list" is abuse of authority. If they are worthy of being deemed a "risk" then take them to court and charge them with something.

What happens when the left loads this "list" with conservative Americans? Think it can't happen? Remember the IRS. Enough said.

If they are worthy of being deemed a "risk" then take them to court and charge them with something.
While I agree with that 100%, sadly, I can't see it happening any time soon. Not with the current administration, at any rate.
The first things that need to happen before any "list" is used to suspend someone's Constitutional Rights is to use some form of cross-check to minimize or eliminate the false positives, and - more importantly - using due process to even put someone on the list in the first place.

Don't worry wingnuts, he's just being a political opportunist, though not very good at it as he will net exactly zero votes out of this. But, what do you expect? He's just another politician.

The president was apparently so interested in punishing states for not allowing men in ladies rooms and punishing schools for not allowing boys in the girl's locker room that he forgot to punish freaking terrorists on the no fly list. The president could have issued a mandate that potential terrorists who were under investigation or on the no fly list should be banned from purchasing firearms but he didn't. Why did the FBI prematurely conclude their investigation into the background of the shooter? Were they ordered to destroy files by the A.G. You almost gotta laugh that the media ran Nixon out of town for a 3rd rate burglary but they circle the wagons around the Hussein administration when the ATF is clearly guilty of accessory to murder with operation Fast/Furious and the A.G. threatens citizens with arrest if they cite their 1st Amendment rights to criticize jihadist Muslems.

untitled.2016.06.15.002.png

What's next? Schindler's list? If you are going to put someone on a "no fly" list - then CONVICT them of something. To tell someone, ANYONE that they can't fly - based on some "list" is abuse of authority. If they are worthy of being deemed a "risk" then take them to court and charge them with something.

What happens when the left loads this "list" with conservative Americans? Think it can't happen? Remember the IRS. Enough said.

Senator Ted Kennedy ended up on a no fly list. I don't get a warm and fuzzy with the ability of some to be able to jake a no fly list to deny someone of their right to bear arms.

I can see a fight all the way to the Supremes if the House or the Senate tries this. I hope the NRA sets Trump straight on how badly the no fly list could be abused.

I can tell our reps are scared shirtless

Lots of bad ideas are coming out of DC.

The no fly list is not perfect. However, the FBI seems to find shooters 3 years before they strike. It seems like the FBI has a better method of finding likely lonewolfs and terrorist. Maybe a different list culled from FBI investigations?

I own a AR-15, 9mm and a shotgun. Many things should put you on a no gun list. Drugs, domestic violence, Isis sympathiers, no fly list.
If you are on one of these lists then you should be able to contest it in court by a judge. If they find no real reason then you should be taken off the list. We don't need 300 million people to own a gun to repel a foreign invader or to stand against a tyrannical govt. we would need 1% of that. The amount of people that would be on that list would be insignificant. The problem would be will the govt abuse it and how could we stop that? I don't know.

Ok the NRA who Trump will be meeting with has an excellent recommendation and they are keeping this very narrow. They have not changed their position and I have no doubt they will fill in Trump on how absolutely screwed up the no fly list is. It so bullshit it's unreal. When Senator Ted Kennedy ended up on it you can see how messed up it is. Too much room for some moron to make a spelling error putting someone on the list and all of a sudden a whole batch of innocent people with the same name can't fly.

But this from the NRA makes sense.

"The NRA confirmed the meeting in a statement and said its 'position on this issue has not changed.'

Guns should not be sold to individuals on the terror watch list until they are investigated by the FBI.

'If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist,' the gun rights group said in a statement.

Law-abiding Americans wrongly included on the list should receive due process protections, the group's executive director, Chris Cox said."

Read more: Trump talking to the NRA about keeping guns from suspected terrorists
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Law-abiding Americans wrongly included on the list should receive due process protections, the group's executive director, Chris Cox said."
Having the due process before the individual was even put on the list would be much easier and less prone to bureaucratic "errors".

You know Republicans will spend more time working to give terrorists assault weapons than helping babies whose mother's didn't have an abortion. The GOP never really cared for the born.

>>>>>>>> When Senator Ted Kennedy ended up on it you can see how messed up it is.>>>>>>>.>>>>

that's the first piece of news that makes me think the list is working

Forum List

Back