Alcubierre drive

Damaged Eagle

Behind blue eyes
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2015
I have hours, only lonely
images

The Alcubierre drive or Alcubierre warp drive (or Alcubierre metric, referring to metric tensor) is a speculative idea based on a solution of Einstein's field equations in general relativity as proposed by theoretical physicist Miguel Alcubierre, by which a spacecraft could achieve faster-than-light travel if a configurable energy-density field lower than that of vacuum (that is, negative mass) could be created.

Rather than exceeding the speed of light within a local reference frame, a spacecraft would traverse distances by contracting space in front of it and expanding space behind it, resulting in effective faster-than-light travel. Objects cannot accelerate to the speed of light within normal spacetime; instead, the Alcubierre drive shifts space around an object so that the object would arrive at its destination faster than light would in normal space...

Alcubierre drive - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

GENERAL FORM:
e28428f2d991a9313fd9e628bd9c3300.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

images

To make the Alcubierre Drive possible will require lots of power...

Casimir effect
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Casimir forces on parallel plates

Casimir effect - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is basically the idea for a zero-point model like they talk about in Stargate Atlantis. This is a real process in physics that has yet to be made practical. However recent developments by physicists using waveguides...

Phys. Rev. Lett. 103 147003 2009 - Dynamical Casimir Effect in a Superconducting Coplanar Waveguide

...have produced remarkably hopeful results in this area of technological development.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Ummm… thanks a lot.
Although I do like space exploration and such but a dumb fuck about high mathematics… Sorry that I cannot be a good company on this one.

images

That's alright. It's probably decades away from being even possible..... if ever. Though we could really use a practical method in the next decade or two.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back