Alaska First State To Legalize Social Marijuana Use

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Way to go Kevin Meyers ! It's a plant which never should have been illegal in the first place.

Although marijuana is legal in a handful of states for recreational use, the powers that be in most of those jurisdictions have put their foot down when it comes to allowing cannabis users to consume the herb in a public setting in the same way that has been done with alcohol for decades. But not Alaska. Earlier this week Lieutenant Governor Kevin Myers put his signature on a bill that will allow licensed dispensaries to open up social consumption sites for those 21 and older.

https://thefreshtoast.com/cannabis/...bNxwEdxBQrzG0V80y64yvR76fkEtPHf1zjt4wi_yMIRe0

marijuana-istock-jjrd.jpg

It's getting harder and harder to legally smoke cigarettes, but easier to smoke dope.

43 years ago, when i was 15 years old, i was telling everyone that weed should be legal & taxed, just like any other commodity, or good

i was soooooooooooo far ahead of my time :26:

It's getting harder and harder to legally smoke cigarettes, but easier to smoke dope.

Good.

There aren't thousands of people dying every year because of second hand marijuana smoke.
Are There Risks From Secondhand Marijuana Smoke? Early Science Says Yes

And-
Rats in previous tobacco studies tended to regain normal blood vessel function within 30 minutes of exposure. But in the marijuana study, blood vessel function hadn't returned to normal when measured 40 minutes after exposure.

The rats suffered the same effects even if the marijuana contained no THC, the compound that causes intoxication, a finding consistent with tobacco studies that found nicotine is not required for cigarette smoke to interfere with blood vessel function.
Hazards of secondhand marijuana smoke

Second-hand weed smoke has the same effect on arteries as cigarettes | Daily Mail Online

Why It Might Be Harmful
The link between tobacco smoke and lung cancer is well-known. Studies show that marijuana smoke has many of the same harmful substances as tobacco, and often more of them. Among the hazards are:

• Benzo(a)pyrene
  • Benz(a)anthracene
  • Phenols
  • Vinyl chlorides
  • Nitrosamines
  • Reactive oxygen species
People also smoke marijuana in a different way than tobacco, possibly posing greater danger to the lungs:

• You usually inhale marijuana smoke deeply and hold it in, which gives the toxins more contact with your lung tissue and more chance to stick there.
  • You generally a smoke a joint all the way to the end. Tar, the sticky stuff left after burning, has high levels of harmful substances, and it’s concentrated at the end of a joint.
https://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/marijuana-lung-cancer-risk

Forum List

Back