Alas, Poor Winston ...

OT STORY - The Kinks played a night concert at a local high school here back in 1970. Not my school, but I knew the crew putting it on and finagled my way onto the stage unit.

At one point before the show I sneaked out back to smoke a joint. Not two minutes later someone burst through the door, stepped out and lit a cigarette. Then he sniffed and looked, and walked on over.

"Can I get a hit, man?" It was Ray Davies.

So we split the joint and talked shit for a few minutes. Pretty cool for a 17 year old.

What makes a real news outlet comply with a political "blackout?"

Their reluctance to challenge the power of the State.

It is up to the British people to make it more uncomfortable for their leaders to deal with them than it does the Islamists who are taking over.

In 50 short years we have gone from Swinging London to this? It's been terrifying to watch.

That is the job of a free press. There is hardly a free press left in the western world.

To an increasing degree, they promote the idea that anything supporting liberal, Western values is somehow racist.

Today's modern Brit needs to support the rape of their own children or get called one. Orwell must be rolling in his grave.

Forum List

Back